Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ultrasouth

Chelsea v Bayern (UEFA Super Cup) 30/8/13 KO 19:45 GMT

Applied for tickets from Australia will find out on the the 15th if successful anybody been to prague whats it like? 

Prague is an unbelievably wonderful city to visit.  Rent a hotel by by the Charles Bridge, if you can.

Dobry Den!

Amazing place, Im not into sightseeing but i know a few that did when we played there in February and they said it was amazing.

Cheap booze, Lovely women & lets hope its a bit warmer this time

AlexTommo likes this

This match will gauge what Jose is gonna do with the team...He ll want this passionately. The urge to start the season with a pot will be overrpowering...The match will be tough and i think this will be a loss...

Amazing place, Im not into sightseeing but i know a few that did when we played there in February and they said it was amazing.

Cheap booze, Lovely women & lets hope its a bit warmer this time

Yeah nice place. Was in a 24hr bar the bin men came twice we were sitting in the window for a day drinking ha ha. Very cheap.

Yeah nice place. Was in a 24hr bar the bin men came twice we were sitting in the window for a day drinking ha ha. Very cheap.

This might be a stupid question but who are the "bIn men" ?

Rubbish collectors that come around in the morning but we stayed in the pub 24hrs so we saw them twice. Lovely sights in Prague when your not in the pub.

Am I right in thinking this and the Fifa Club World Cup, are the only trophies Jose hasn't won?

Is this game on earlier in the season than our game against Atletico was last year?

Anyone booked flights/other travel methods?

We are driving up and travelling from Bradford airport, a bit of a drive but got a really cheap deal with jet 2, fly early fri morning and back Sunday night.

Am I right in thinking this and the Fifa Club World Cup, are the only trophies Jose hasn't won?

Yes. He's been in a UEFA Super Cup final just once though. Porto lost 0-1 to Ancelotti's AC Milan in 2003. That's the only time he's stayed at the club where he won a European trophy. After winning UCL at Porto, he came to Chelsea and after he won it with Inter he went to Real Madrid. This time he hasn't "earned" his place in the final as he wasn't at Chelsea last season, but then again, he's "gifted" that opportunity to two different managers. Neither of those two managed to win the final. The One Who Shall Not Be Named was the other one, although he did manage to win the FIFA World Club Cup final that year against the mighty TP Mazembe.

Weird stat, but in the previous ten finals the winner of the Champions League hasn't been able to win the final two seasons in a row. Last season the Super Cup winner was the Europa League winner, before that it was the Champions League winner, before that it was the Europa League winner and so on. The last time Champions League winners won the Super Cup final two years in a row was in 2002(Real Madrid) and 2003(AC Milan). I hope we manage to break that pattern. 

Seven Times likes this

i see tickets are going on sale now online for season ticket holders. if there's anyone who's eligible and won't travel and still didn't promise it to someone (i know, fat chance :-D) i would be extremely interested in getting a ticket.

So many undertones to this match and taking down the current best side in the world would be an acceptable start to Jose's second coming.

I just received a email from uefa that my application for supercup tickets has been unsuccessful F...CK UEFA. I know its pretty impossible now but if anybody has 2 tickets they want to sell im here

me and my mates have memberships with enough points on if that helps?

just leave one for me, i can purchase a ticket only tomorrow morning after the next drop ;)

And it's done, I'll be there, woohoo :)

Very good news, everything else was already taken care of and paid for.

I'm a bit surprised that there are still available tickets but I won't complain.

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been posted in the wrong section of the forum.

If you haven't managed to buy a ticket for the UEFA Super Cup in Prague, and would still like to go to the match, you may want to try the UEFA Super Cup charity ticket auction.

All funds raised by the auction will be donated to CAFE - the Centre for Access to Football in Europe. We are working to improve conditions for disabled football fans across Europe.

Please note that the ticket auction will only be open until 11AM UK time next Wednesday (7th August).

You can access the ticket auction via the UEFA website at https://charity.uefa...utm_source=UEFA

We have posted more information about the charity ticket auction on our website at http://www.cafefootb...-ticket-auction

Thanks very much for your interest, and good luck for the match.

Cheers,

Mike

The blokes who take away what Liverpool supporters have left after rummaging