Cesc Fabregas

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

All those critics he got and he responded big time. MOTM he was awarded with. People were sh*tting themselves seeing him on the team. Completely dominated the game. Well done and I hope those who have been slating him all week, can comment and give him the praise he deserves. BTW, I am not criticizing anyone who was slating Fabregas as he has been poor before today, but just would like people to give credit when it's deserved.

Edited by STATS

Just now, STATS said:

All those critics he got and he responded big time. MOTM he was awarded with. People were sh*tting themselves seeing him on the team. Completely dominated the game. Well done and I hope those who have been slating him all week, can comment and give him the praise he deserves. BTW, I am not criticizing anyone who was slating Fabregas as he has been poor before today, but just would like people to give credit when it's deserved.

He was great today, but most people have a problem with him in a 2 man mid. Infact I would say Baka would be a close 2nd motm or I felt he was quite good. Just needed a bit more composure. 

Just goes on to show how important kante is and how lost we are without him. He can literally raise the level of the team and the players around him by a notch or 2.

1 hour ago, STATS said:

I don't agree with the direction of this post. His criticism was very well warranted, he isn't good enough to be in the pivot. I did see a few people wanting him sold and making silly comments which was irrational completely. 

He was superb today and showed exactly what he's capable of, he needs to start playing with Hazard more from now on. I don't think many people will still be criticising Fabregas after today's game, just look at this thread and the match thread. 

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

I don't agree with the direction of this post. His criticism was very well warranted, he isn't good enough to be in the pivot. I did see a few people wanting him sold and making silly comments which was irrational completely. 

He was superb today and showed exactly what he's capable of, he needs to start playing with Hazard more from now on. I don't think many people will still be criticising Fabregas after today's game, just look at this thread and the match thread. 

My post stated that the criticism was well warranted. Tell me at one point, where I have had a dig at people who criticized him? I have been looking at the pre-match threads on this forum and TalkChelsea and fans were sh*tting themselves regarding seeing Fabregas in the team and I can understand why, especially if we lined up with only 2 CM. Read my post again please. I just want those who were slating him and sh*tting themselves about him being in the team, to admit Fabregas was class today, that is all.

20 minutes ago, STATS said:

My post stated that the criticism was well warranted. Tell me at one point, where I have had a dig at people who criticized him? I have been looking at the pre-match threads on this forum and TalkChelsea and fans were sh*tting themselves regarding seeing Fabregas in the team and I can understand why, especially if we lined up with only 2 CM. Read my post again please. I just want those who were slating him and sh*tting themselves about him being in the team, to admit Fabregas was class today, that is all.

Fair enough, although if I were you I would avoid that TalkChelsea forum, it's an absolute embarrassment, mostly full of fans that started supporting the club a few years ago and angry teenagers. 

Like I said you do have a point and I've agreed with you a lot in the past regarding Cesc, there were some terrible comments on here earlier but only a few. Most people I've seen on this forum have been sensible regarding Fabregas, to be honest, most people on this forum are sensible anyway. How many were slagging Cahill off calling him all sorts of names on this forum? I probably saw one, the rest was all from twitter. 

11 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Fair enough, although if I were you I would avoid that TalkChelsea forum, it's an absolute embarrassment, mostly full of fans that started supporting the club a few years ago and angry teenagers. 

Like I said you do have a point and I've agreed with you a lot in the past regarding Cesc, there were some terrible comments on here earlier but only a few. Most people I've seen on this forum have been sensible regarding Fabregas, to be honest, most people on this forum are sensible anyway. How many were slagging Cahill off calling him all sorts of names on this forum? I probably saw one, the rest was all from twitter. 

Well tbh you have a point regarding Cahill. The way some of them on TC take the piss out of him is really immature and pathetic. However there are some very good posters on there who speak a lot of sense and I like engaging with a lot. But yeah, I agree regarding Fabregas. People have been sensible although maybe a bit too harsh as he still has a lot to offer. When he plays like today, complete joy.

3 hours ago, STATS said:

Well tbh you have a point regarding Cahill. The way some of them on TC take the piss out of him is really immature and pathetic. However there are some very good posters on there who speak a lot of sense and I like engaging with a lot. But yeah, I agree regarding Fabregas. People have been sensible although maybe a bit too harsh as he still has a lot to offer. When he plays like today, complete joy.

In order for him to play like today he needs to play with 2 defensive minded midfielders so that he is not charged with being responsible for defensive shielding but rather someone who chooses to defend. Also, this allows him time on the ball to make clinical passes. The only downside is that this kind of formation requires both Kante and Bakayoko/Drinkwater to play and i dont think we have cover for this place with midweek games as well.

25 minutes ago, brownindian said:

In order for him to play like today he needs to play with 2 defensive minded midfielders so that he is not charged with being responsible for defensive shielding but rather someone who chooses to defend. Also, this allows him time on the ball to make clinical passes. The only downside is that this kind of formation requires both Kante and Bakayoko/Drinkwater to play and i dont think we have cover for this place with midweek games as well.

We can still have Kante and Fabregas in a double pivot against inferior opposition. However teams you know that will press us the major issue. There have been games last season where Fabregas has played in a midfield two and dominated the game. However against top opposition, like you aid he needs 2 DM around him.

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 20:16, mad_mac said:

I think we have to play a 3-5-2 if you want Cesc in the team. Changing to a 3-4-3 if needed.  That does mean Pedro is the most likely sacrificed 

Yep Fab cannot play with 4 in the midfield even if one of them is Kante.

I would say Pedro and Willian sacrificed. I wouldn't be surprised to see Willian go in January.