Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Ballack & Blu

Cesc Fabregas

1 hour ago, didierforever said:

I feel, this is really unfair on DD. The guy has been a 7/10 player for us. Does the basics right, which is what we want next to Kante (who i feel was the best player on the pitch). Cesc gives us NOTHING of note. That one quarter-backish pass in 10 games, is not worth the absolutely abysmal all round game play of his.

I feel like if DD was playing this game the second goal would have not happened or atleast would have been made more difficult. Cesc without Costa is useless.

5 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I don't, i was against signing him from the beginning. He just doesn't look like a very good footballer, never has done from what i have seen. He got lucky last season, he was playing for a super confident Monaco team and was being carried.

THe performances against united and spurs does give a little hope. He is young, so lets hope for the best.

BTW, would not mind one bit if RLC takes Cesc's place in the squad next season.

Watching him last night so many mistakes come from his sloppy balls, times up with me. 

39 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I’d keep him, his passing is world class when he’s on form.

There isn’t many players who can pass like Fabregas.

Why are people suggesting RLC as a replacement for Cesc? He's done nothing so far to suggest he's ready to be a squad member, let alone a starter for Chelsea. 

We need to replace Fabregas, but we need to aim much higher and it'll be costly. Apart from Kante, not a single CM in our current squad belongs in the first eleven of a top European club. DD even at his best is a bit role player, Barkley is a question mark, Bakayoko is a disaster and Fabregas is so past it even his brilliant passing ability can't make up anymore for the absense of every other quality a modern midfielder should possess.

22 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Problem is i dont see RLC in a 2 man midfield. He just seems to laid back and a little lazy for me, maybe in a 3 but not in a 2.

I think we need to re-think our formation. This two man midfield hasn't worked for us this season. It could be that we need the right personnel for the formation to work, or that the formation itself has been found out. One thing's for sure, if we're going to go toe to toe with City next season. Something drastically needs changing! 

1 minute ago, Old Shaggy said:

I think we need to re-think our formation. This two man midfield hasn't worked for us this season. It could be that we need the right personnel for the formation to work, or that the formation itself has been found out. One thing's for sure, if we're going to go toe to toe with City next season. Something drastically needs changing! 

We need to spend some proper money and use it wisely. Neither is going to happen.

Just now, jack_super_class said:

We need to spend some proper money and use it wisely. Neither is going to happen.

Not necessarily.  We could just start using some of this amazing youth talent we have at our club. Probably means we won't win anything for a few seasons. But it would be all the sweeter when we do win something, knowing it came from the success of our academy! Not going to happen, I know. But for me this is the dream.

We should try and bid for Pjanic, Thiago, Eriksen, or any other world class playmaker, even if we will have to pay around the 60m-70m we should do that. 

Fabregas is not for this level, he had good seasons with us but now he doesn't offer us something special, to be honest, only mistakes. 

Ruben Loftus-Cheek is not a replacement for Fabregas because he is more box to box midfielder, more energy, more pressing football. We need a brain in our central, someone who will control the game. 

30 minutes ago, IliyaKrostin said:

We should try and bid for Pjanic, Thiago, Eriksen, or any other world class playmaker, even if we will have to pay around the 60m-70m we should do that. 

Fabregas is not for this level, he had good seasons with us but now he doesn't offer us something special, to be honest, only mistakes. 

Ruben Loftus-Cheek is not a replacement for Fabregas because he is more box to box midfielder, more energy, more pressing football. We need a brain in our central, someone who will control the game. 

Verratti. Out of our budget and probably wouldn't come without CL football anyway.

What about....................Jonjo Shelvey?

:sofa:

29 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Verratti. Out of our budget and probably wouldn't come without CL football anyway.

What about....................Jonjo Shelvey?

:sofa:

Bloody trouble-maker!

Am sure barkley was bought just for business purposes, Homegrown and full of potential for 15m.

However we clearly need a proper defensive midfielder next to kante...am sure we already had someone though i wonder who sold him to a rival and then gambled on a one season wonder.

On 15/03/2018 at 19:26, Old Shaggy said:

It doesn't matter what formation you play you'll always sacrifice depth in one area, people were criticising the one man striker for years and now everyone does it because you compensate massively in attack and midfield area. 

The two-man midfield can certainly work if you have the right players who can cover that area and compensate for a 3rd/4th player. We just lack that one midfielder next to Kante and I can bet you any money our season would be very different. It's a key area, there is no messing around, all of our spine actually needs some work. 

Sadly he's aged badly this season...even in games we dominate he's producing less of those killer passes...been a good signing for us, but wouldn't be surprised if club try to move him on in the summer..,he will have one year left on his contract as he's over 30, I can't see them offering an extension