Cesc Fabregas

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

6 minutes ago, IliyaKrostin said:

The first season with us he was excellent.

The second season was poor, like the whole team.

The third season was decent, he wasn't a starter but we could feel him as a sub. He came and had games that he changed by an assist or control of the game.

This season - what does he bring to the team? 

I don't believe he should be starting games,his legs are gone,the best he has to offer is coming of the bench 

Too obsessed with trying to make the perfect pass all the time.

Keeps floating nothing balls into the far post and doesn’t take on anywhere near enough shots considering the amount of space he finds outside the area.

For the amount of time fabregas had o  the ball last night, he created very little. 

Those fabulous passes he used to hit nearly every game have completely left his game. 

I watched the Burnley away game from 2014 a couple of weeks ago, and the difference in his game is shocking. 

He used to see the game 2 or 3 passes ahead, and he was able to dictate the tempo and pick out runners. 

He seems so reactive now, constantly struggled to get the ball out of his feet. 

As a team we don't move the ball fast enough, and we dont make enough incisive runs. It makes us very predictable and easy to play against. 

Ball goes around the back 3 ends up with a wing back, who puts it back into a midfielder, who puts it back to someone in the back 3. Rinse and repeat. 

Hopefully whoever is in charge next season  can get us attacking as a team, and I think fabregas can still have a part to play, especially being homegrown, and offering experience off the bench.

I like Fabregas but I wouldn't keep him beyond this season. I know he gives us experience and he can still put in the odd good display and pick the right pass but he's just not the player he was and I've rarely seen a players whose legs have gone to the extent of Fabregas. By keeping him as a squad player it is both blocking the way of one of our youngsters or making our board think it's not necessary to sign a replacement. Let's not hang on to him until all he's fit for is the knackers yard.

• 3 months later...

So where does Cesc fit in with Sarri’s plans?

Was playing on the right of the midfield 3 during pre season. Is he back up to Jorginho’s role anchoring the midfield?

Does he make the bench ahead of RLC going forward? Do we start naming two central midfielders on the bench?

He’s too good to leave out all together but maybe now behind others most games.

2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

So where does Cesc fit in with Sarri’s plans?

Was playing on the right of the midfield 3 during pre season. Is he back up to Jorginho’s role anchoring the midfield?

Does he make the bench ahead of RLC going forward? Do we start naming two central midfielders on the bench?

He’s too good to leave out all together but maybe now behind others most games.

Fabregas may not like it, but I wouldn't mind him playing a similar role that he played 2 season's ago. He was excellent when coming off the bench. His creativity against tired defences got us a lot of goals, he even ended up creating more goals than anyone else in the team that season. 

Closest thing to Cesc in our squad is Jorginho. I have no doubt Cesc fits into Sarri's system. I think Cesc is one of the best passers in the league. He can make a pinpoint pass like Debruyne for example. 

I think Kante - Jorginho - Cesc is a very good trio for our midfield. Against a team that sits back and let's us have the ball Cesc can thrive in. 

He is also one of our most versatile players and this is why manager after manager he makes himself a role. 

17 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Fabregas may not like it, but I wouldn't mind him playing a similar role that he played 2 season's ago. He was excellent when coming off the bench. His creativity against tired defences got us a lot of goals, he even ended up creating more goals than anyone else in the team that season. 

I don't think he has a choice now if he wants to play in England. I think he will go to Italy and have an Indian summer. 

• 1 month later...

Good to have him back from injury. 

Still probably the best passer of the ball we have in the squad, his range and vision is quality and he showed glimpses even in the short time he played yesterday. I think he'll be getting quite a few minutes off the bench in the coming matches. 

3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Good to have him back from injury. 

Still probably the best passer of the ball we have in the squad, his range and vision is quality and he showed glimpses even in the short time he played yesterday. I think he'll be getting quite a few minutes off the bench in the coming matches. 

I hope he is as effective off the bench as he was 2 season's ago. We got a lot of goals from him coming off the bench when we won the league.

• 4 weeks later...

Think we all know where we are with Fabregas. He is still the best passer in the team and has great vision but his legs have pretty much gone. He has always been slow but now he's at snails pace.

As much as I love him as a player, can't help but feel we should have parted company in the summer as he's only going to keep declining and the likes of RLC deserve some minutes.

13 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Think we all know where we are with Fabregas. He is still the best passer in the team and has great vision but his legs have pretty much gone. He has always been slow but now he's at snails pace.

As much as I love him as a player, can't help but feel we should have parted company in the summer as he's only going to keep declining and the likes of RLC deserve some minutes.

I would love to see him stay as a squad player, coming of the bench and playing in games where he can control them. But I`m not sure he would be happy with that role. He can still pass a ball better than pretty much anyone in this league as you say, his pass long to Pedro last night was breathtaking for example.

............but sometimes you have to way it all up.

Yes, he is still a great passer and yes he can control certain games with his quarter-back type play BUT I think every time I watch him play, at least once in a game (usually more) he gets caught in possession or completely left for dead by opponents who aren't even that quick and as good as he can be he is in danger of being a liability. I know folk are saying pick & choose the times to play him but that hinders players who deserve more game time - RLC, Barkley, Ampadu. Would really rather see them playing in Europa and League cup matches than Fabregas.

I have a lot of respect to him for what he done here. Been great for us, but now it's the time that we should sell him. 

He is far from his best, he can easily enjoy his football at Milano teams, I won't be surprised if PSG or Juventus will take an eye on him as well.

He can't run, he can't defend. RLC, Ampadu must get his minutes. 

1 hour ago, Nibs said:

Unless we buy that player from Brescia who is reported to be similar to Pirlo then we should keep Fabregas. He is the only one similar and good enough to play that Jorginho role.