Willian

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I've always thought Willian is an arrogant judging from his body language and gesture on the pitch. his post pretty much confirms that. too bad his skill isn't as big as his arrogance is. i'm somewhat in the Conte out camp, but with that kind attitude from a professional player, Willian can f**k himself off really

8 minutes ago, magichat said:

I've always thought Willian is an arrogant judging from his body language and gesture on the pitch. his post pretty much confirms that. too bad his skill isn't as big as his arrogance is. i'm somewhat in the Conte out camp, but with that kind attitude from a professional player, Willian can f**k himself off really

I don't think he's arrogant just introverted and not super expressive. He was one of the few who continued performing during 15/16. I know he's been massively unprofessional on a Costa level with that picture but it's really his first offense of any kind since he's been here.

He's missed out on a playing in the final so he's obviously pissed off, I hope he apologises soon and we can forgive and forget.

He's probably pissed off because he's pretty much been a back-up for the last two years. He's been openly pissed off all season TBH. 

I suspect he was promised a bigger role during the close season, because a few clubs were sniffing around; and didn't get it. Either way, he's obviously unhappy at not having played more, and I suspect that his recent Players Player of the Year award was the squad siding with him over a manager who has become unpopular. 

I doubt he'll apologise because he (and everyone else) know he'll be playing for a new manager pretty soon one way or another. 

I am surprised so many are painting him as a bad egg, despite his behaviour this season. He was nothing but a consummate pro for us for years. He was the one guy you couldn't fault during the disaster of 2015-16. Even last season, mostly back-up to Pedro, he was a consummate pro. I've heard many criticisms of him during his time here, but not many faulted his attitude or application. This season has been different in that regard. Maybe he suddenly got a big head, or maybe you have to ask why a consummate pro would start behaving like a petulant child? 

2 hours ago, BordeauxBlue said:

I really like the cut of CHO's jib.

That said I'm not sure he's ready.

Has to start in the Europa league I'd say.

If hazard stays, and for me that remains a big if, would be happy taking him, CHO,  mount and RLC as our four creative mids next season. I believe in each of them to prove good enough.

1 hour ago, sonic90 said:

I don't think he's arrogant just introverted and not super expressive. He was one of the few who continued performing during 15/16. I know he's been massively unprofessional on a Costa level with that picture but it's really his first offense of any kind since he's been here.

He's missed out on a playing in the final so he's obviously pissed off, I hope he apologises soon and we can forgive and forget.

2nd now, and the 2nd in as many weeks. The interview the other day he gave to foreign media and now this. There was also him going off down the tunnel when he was subbed a few weeks back. The guy has sulked a lot this season, and in the last few weeks, he's been very unprofessional.

46 minutes ago, Ready Player One said:

He's probably pissed off because he's pretty much been a back-up for the last two years. He's been openly pissed off all season TBH. 

I suspect he was promised a bigger role during the close season, because a few clubs were sniffing around; and didn't get it. Either way, he's obviously unhappy at not having played more, and I suspect that his recent Players Player of the Year award was the squad siding with him over a manager who has become unpopular. 

I doubt he'll apologise because he (and everyone else) know he'll be playing for a new manager pretty soon one way or another. 

I am surprised so many are painting him as a bad egg, despite his behaviour this season. He was nothing but a consummate pro for us for years. He was the one guy you couldn't fault during the disaster of 2015-16. Even last season, mostly back-up to Pedro, he was a consummate pro. I've heard many criticisms of him during his time here, but not many faulted his attitude or application. This season has been different in that regard. Maybe he suddenly got a big head, or maybe you have to ask why a consummate pro would start behaving like a petulant child? 

Backup? Drinkwater is what a i would call a backup, Willian has played more games this season than in any other season in his career. He's only missed 6 league games since Conte took over. He's been a sub in a lot of games and he has started a lot of games. Maybe if he was a bit more consistent, he would have been one of the first names on the team sheet every week. He was awful this season up until January, then his form improved for 2 months, then he lost it again. It's not enough from Willian. If he wants to be a regular, he needs to be more consistent. 

He deserved to be backup to Pedro last season too, Pedro had one of the best season's of his career.

We shouldn't praise him for being a pro when he isn't picked either, it should be expected. It's a team game, not an individual one. Deal with it like a professional and force the manager to pick you by playing well.

Becoming clear that there is a culture of undermining rather than working when you are not in the team / not on board with the manager's vision at Chelsea. 

Always difficult in modern times due to massive player contracts. It's becoming repetitive though.

Maybe an opportunity to explore a willian + cash for Pogba deal.

Edited by Pauly

5 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

2Backup? Drinkwater is what a i would call a backup, Willian has played more games this season than in any other season in his career.

Drinkwater isn't so much a back-up, as a player the manager has been lumbered with, doesn't trust, and doesn't know what to do with. I don't know why we signed him, or why he came here. His definition of "back-up" may have differed from the definition of "back-up" he was sold? 

Regardless; Willian clearly IS unhappy. It's obvious to literally everyone at this point. So what is it? Like you say, he's started a reasonable amount of games. For a back-up. Exactly half his appearances in the league under Conte have been starts. That's OK. Was he promised more? Is that it? 

You can disagree that he should have played more (although the disagreement pre-supposes that the issue is the player, rather than the lack of attacking spots in Conte's systems); but it sure seems like HE feels he should have played more. 

FWIW, i agree that Pedro was deservedly in front of him last year, and I agree that if he was more consistently productive he would have forced Conte to play him in the 3-4-3 formation (as opposed to ditching that formation altogether for large portions of the season; moving Willian from back-up in our first choice system, to first choice in our back-up system).

Genuinely cannot believe Willian has done that, you'd expect that from a 19 year old, not a fella who is about to turn 30. 

Baffling. What good does he think will come of it?  Selfish and childish. 

Surprising to see this, followed by his comments about Conte, considering how he's been talking about how much he likes the club and wants to stay. 

Not been his biggest fan due to his performances and this has sort of been the final nail in the coffin for me. 

7 hours ago, Pauly said:

Becoming clear that there is a culture of undermining rather than working when you are not in the team / not on board with the manager's vision at Chelsea. 

Always difficult in modern times due to massive player contracts. It's becoming repetitive though.

Agreed on the first part Pauly. Brazilian clique have been the centre of the issues in our squad since Jose's day.

Even if Conte is moved on, Luiz,  Kenedy and Willian should now follow. We don't need that sort of stuff in and around the squad.

That said could be worse. Apparently Neymar is agitating to move to Real Madrid after a year at PSG. 

On 17/05/2018 at 16:03, Davey Baby said:

Bang goes his Cup Final place.

I wondered what had happened to Mystic Meg.

11 hours ago, Pauly said:

I was amazed that Mourinho didn't bring Pogba until the 82nd minute.

I would have kept him but after his f**king pathetic actions yesterday I would actually f**k him off. 

Not to United though; it can be on our terms or let him train with the reserves for all I care. Little prick needs to be taught a lesson as far as I am concerned. 

Never been a fan of the whole 'player power' thing, but when it the likes of Lampard & Terry they are going to get away with a lot more. Not that they would have ever done anything as pathetic as that.

But Willian? He has been in and out of form, and in and out of the side. He is no club legend, nor some prized asset. He will be 30 when next season kicks off and needs us a lot more than we need him. 

Honesty can't believe a 29 year old man could do something as childish, pathetic, and self-bsessed as that. Shows what kind of 'man' he really is. 

Get in the bin you complete and utter cock.  

Willy has gone down enormously in my estimation I don’t even expect my 11 year old nephew to perhaps do something as petulant. I like old school decorum in the dressing room the gaffer should be just that. I agree ship him out but not up north eeh by gum no !!!

Conte may not have done himself many favors with his sulking this season, but Willian's behavior is absolutely unacceptable. We have to curb this nonsense of player power at the club. I'm now beginning to believe some of the reports that some players down tools when they don't like the manager.  If he wants to leave he can go ahead and f**k off. He has his moments of brilliance but can also be a very frustrating player. We need players who are committed to the cause and not act childish when they don't get their way. 

8 hours ago, luckywerthers said:

people have done far far worse on the spur of the moment and later regretted it, give the guy a break

I don't think he regrets it at all though and i won't be giving him a break. I'm sick of the unprofessional behaviour we get from some our players every season, things like this don't happen at other clubs, and if they do, they are dealt with. We just let it slide though. For too long we have let player power have too much of an impact on this club. 

If this was a one off with our players, i would probably let it slide, but we don't seem to go a full season without one of our players acting childish.

11 hours ago, luckywerthers said:

people have done far far worse on the spur of the moment and later regretted it, give the guy a break

No. 

Not really a 'spur of the moment' thing. He didn't blurt something out on camera in the heat of the moment after the game, and then later apologise. 

He sat and created his little emoji picture the day after the game and posted in on social media for all to see. He obviously thought it was a good idea. 

Complete lack of professionalism & respect to the club that pays his wages.