Willian

Mike 93
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Personally I’m of the opinion that if we could sell him for £50m we could find a replacement who would have a better overall contribution to our attacking play. 

But we could just as easily end up with another Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Barkely. 

I say stick. I want to see the next card before i twist.

1 hour ago, coco said:

But we could just as easily end up with another Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Barkely. 

I say stick. I want to see the next card before i twist.

Or we could end with another Cesar Azpilicueta... 

Willian has had five years at Chelsea and in 10, 20 years time when we look back on this period he won’t be one of the players most fondly thought of because his overall contribution is so meh. 

I’m really hoping we bring in someone new for that right hand side because it’s definitely somewhere we can improve. 

I'm not Willian's biggest fan, but I see no sense in letting him go and and then bringing in the likes of the rather average looking Golovin, who looks like a player a team like Everton should be going for.

20 minutes ago, Dixon said:

I'm not Willian's biggest fan, but I see no sense in letting him go and and then bringing in the likes of the rather average looking Golovin, who looks like a player a team like Everton should be going for.

Not even remotely the same positions or roles.  We would sign a winger or two to replace Willian.  Golovin is a CAM/CM.

8 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

Not even remotely the same positions or roles.  We would sign a winger or two to replace Willian.  Golovin is a CAM/CM.

I was talking about the quality of the player, not positions. We desperately need some upgrades on what we have at the moment. From what I've seen of Golovin, he's not going to improve us one bit.

3 hours ago, Dixon said:

I was talking about the quality of the player, not positions. We desperately need some upgrades on what we have at the moment. From what I've seen of Golovin, he's not going to improve us one bit.

But you’re still comparing apples to oranges.  Golovin (who is definitely an upgrade on our entire midfield bar Kante IMO) has no direct effect on a potential upgrade at winger if we sell Willian.  Of course Willian is, at his best, the more quality player for now, but it’s not really a great comparison.  Let’s see who we sign to replace Willian, if he’s sold, and see if we consider that player or players to be an upgrade.

Only saw the highlights of yesterday's game and it looked like Willian had one of his good games - a bit like the game he had for Shakhtar that time against us.

Sadly, those sort of performances tend to be the exception rather than the rule with Willian. If he was like that more often he would be up there with Hazard but as we all know, he doesn't perform like that anywhere near often enough so I would still get as much as we can for him in the summer and get someone fresh in to liven up the squad (and hopefully give CHO some decent game time).

Talks of a player being offered as part of a renewed offer by Barca. 

No thanks.

If they come back with a £50m offer that’s not dependent on clauses etc. Just straight up cash, we should be running laughing to the bank.

Hopeful that this comes to fruition.

It's all well and good getting £60 odd million but we need to bring in someone as good or better and our recent history isn't that encouraging.

Who could we realistically get in that position who will do a better job?

I Keep saying this

It's all well and good getting £60 odd million but we need to bring in someone as good or better and our recent history isn't that encouraging.
Who could we realistically get in that position who will do a better job?

1 hour ago, jack_super_class said:

Why do they want Willian and not Hazard?. Bit strange.

Messi's the main man and everyone else runs for him. Hazard going there would improve them immensely but having 2 world class attacker that won't be tracking back can be detrimental to the Barca setup especially with no Iniesta and Busquets getting older.

Plus Willian could be like an Arda Turan signing. A decent cover until Dembele develops/improve or they find the next big thing.