Victor Moses

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

15 minutes ago, robdog said:

Victor Moses had another good outing for The Super Eagles again today - most of the match Moses was deployed on the Left flank as a straight winger in Nigeria's 433 formation

Saw some of the game on BT Sports. He was trying some stuff out. I think he's got a football brain with some good ideas but his technique lets him down. Give it to him for trying though.

3 hours ago, abister1 said:

Saw some of the game on BT Sports. He was trying some stuff out. I think he's got a football brain with some good ideas but his technique lets him down. Give it to him for trying though.

That free kick he took in the 2nd half was very smart. The Cameroon GK was lucky to stop the ball going into the back of the net.

Moses was incredibly good on the wings. Before the 2 match I thought playing as a WB all this while will affect his game and he won't be very good as an attacking winger but he proved everyone wrong. He has even improve his free kicks skill.
Alonso, beware!

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Well he might find himself playing there on occasion this season for us because I get the feeling he's going to lose his starting place at RWB to Zappacosta. 

That's one thing I was happy about zappacosta signing. It gives us more options. If Pedro or Willian aren't available for the wings he can be drafted on either right or left.

• 1 month later...

3 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Out for four weeks apparently. Chance for Zappacosta to prove his worth. I also wonder whether we might see Dujon Sterling from the start against Everton given our schedule. 

I hope so. He’s a good prospect. He deserves a peek at the first team. Well, at a first team fixture anyway. 

8 hours ago, Slojo said:

For f**k sake, what's with the damn injuries this season? 

We have been quite lucky with injuries for so long. In fact, i dont remember an injury plagued season since 2010-11 when essien, lampard, JT, etc etc got injured and we had to play ferreira as a CB and Zhirkov as a CM and got our asses kicked 3-0 by sunderland at the bridge.

So well, we might be due a bad season injury-wise.

15 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Out for four weeks apparently. Chance for Zappacosta to prove his worth. I also wonder whether we might see Dujon Sterling from the start against Everton given our schedule. 

Zappacosta looked much better than Moses when he came on again Palace, his movement and delivery in the final third were a lot better. 

Despite having played as a winger Moses' quality in the final third has always had question marks, especially the quality of his crosses in my opinion. 

If Zappacosta gets a run of 5/6 games I can see him replacing Moses in the starting XI personally. 

16 hours ago, didierforever said:

We have been quite lucky with injuries for so long. In fact, i dont remember an injury plagued season since 2010-11 when essien, lampard, JT, etc etc got injured and we had to play ferreira as a CB and Zhirkov as a CM and got our asses kicked 3-0 by sunderland at the bridge.

So well, we might be due a bad season injury-wise.

If this is the case then we are overdue for a big squad. You're right however, we have been fortunate, but that'll be down to our training & medical team. Not a coincidence, obviously something this season has gone wrong or we just are unlucky, regardless it's having an effect this season and I don't know if we are good enough to win the league if we keep dropping points like this. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, abister1 said:

His absence highlights how important he has been to our stability in the back. I think Zappacosta suits the role better but he seems more functional and suits team cohesion more.

People on here strongly underrate Moses, he's an exceptional player, just look how bad Azpi was last night, not an easy role to play out wide but he has done it very well under Conte and will continue to do so I'm sure of it. 

The issue with moses is and always has been his final ball. The trouble with Azpiliucueta and alonso at wing back, is neither have the pace to stretch teams. 

Zappacosta looks okay, but is he is really the calibre of player we need to compete with best? Juve and milan both needed a right back, yet none made a move for him.

I think the lack of quality wing backs, coupled with our centre midfield looking so inept, should be the reason we switch to 433. 

11 hours ago, big blue said:

The issue with moses is and always has been his final ball. The trouble with Azpiliucueta and alonso at wing back, is neither have the pace to stretch teams. 

Zappacosta looks okay, but is he is really the calibre of player we need to compete with best? Juve and milan both needed a right back, yet none made a move for him.

I think the lack of quality wing backs, coupled with our centre midfield looking so inept, should be the reason we switch to 433. 

Who would you play at RB/LB though? Alonso, Zappa, Moses and Rudiger aren't really good enough in a flat back 4 and Dave is/was a much better CB.