German Bundesliga Thread

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Since Bayern's recent dealings with Latin/South American players has been poor especially South American players like Breno have been poor so the board has avoided getting players from that region. Also Bayern rarely dishes out huge transfer fees and South American talents are becoming a lot more expensive than they used to be. Lastly its no secret Bayern prefer to get players within the league so its hard to expect they will look outside Germany let alone outside Europe.

It's a shame that here in England, we need to either buy within Europe or outside of Europe. I would personally prefer Chelsea to build with young, English players, as I'm sure most fans would, but it's just unfortunate that the pool for English talent is limited and/or too expensive. It seems every year there's new German talent coming through. 

It's a shame that here in England, we need to either buy within Europe or outside of Europe. I would personally prefer Chelsea to build with young, English players, as I'm sure most fans would, but it's just unfortunate that the pool for English talent is limited and/or too expensive. It seems every year there's new German talent coming through.

Funny enough Bayern and Germany as a whole had a dry spell of homegrown talent in the early 2000s, just look at Bayern's 2001 UCL winning team, hardly as many German stars as the current Bayern which forced Bayern to look at more non German players. Also Chelsea have ManUre, Man sh*tty, Liverpool and Arsenal to compete with for any top English talent.

Bayern just keep buying rivals best players to make the league a bore fest.

Gotze and Lewandowski :(

I think it is quite sad that there seems to be zero loyalty in that league. Dortmund fans deserver better loyalty from their players than they are currently getting. As soon as Bayern come knocking their players want to leave.

I think it is quite sad that there seems to be zero loyalty in that league. Dortmund fans deserver better loyalty from their players than they are currently getting. As soon as Bayern come knocking their players want to leave.

I wouldnt say "no loyalty" is a characteristic of the Bundesliga, it a common occurrence in all leagues and sports

Victor Moses:

Wigan wages (ballpark guess) 10k

Chelsea wages (ballpark guess) 30k

Robert Lewandowski:

Dortmund wages (ballpark guess) 50k

Bayern wages (ballpark guess) 150k

I take the point that players should probably be a bit more loyal to Dortmund and negotiate a better deal with them (in the main most have/will do) but at the end of the day Dortmund will never be ale to match what Bayern can offer a 'big fish' of Gotze or Lewandowski's calibre. The Bundesliga is not unique in this regard, there is simply a Bayern wage tier with everyone else unable to compete as opposed to a 'big four' tier in England, a Barca + Real tier in Spain, a PSG + Monaco tier in France, and so on.

A footballer would have to be mad to not join Bayern if given the opportunity to, frankly.

Edited by Charles Ryder

Guest RFC_CFC

Yeah the league is now worse than what Scotland used to be with a strong Rangers and Celtic....there are no challengers to Bayern now.

Dortmund did well and grew as a club but when the eventually got to the top Bayern decided to take their better players (Reus will be next no doubt). I understand why they did it...to maximize their chances of dominating German football but in reality the league is now a bore fest.

It suited Pep though as we all know he likes to take control of teams who are stick ons to win the title from the word go.

Guest RFC_CFC

Pounds? No. Euros on the other hand...

Supposedly he's on 130k gbp with a 10 mil signing bonus.

Where did you read that, I have read elsewhere he is on 90k (euros)

Yeah the league is now worse than what Scotland used to be with a strong Rangers and Celtic....there are no challengers to Bayern now.

Dortmund did well and grew as a club but when the eventually got to the top Bayern decided to take their better players (Reus will be next no doubt). I understand why they did it...to maximize their chances of dominating German football but in reality the league is now a bore fest.

It suited Pep though as we all know he likes to take control of teams who are stick ons to win the title from the word go.

The Bundesliga isn't boring, Dortmund have simply had an unlucky year. Bayern are insulated against bad luck to a greater extent than Dortmund, sure, but one bad year for Dortmund does not an uncompetitive league make.

As for the Scotland comparison... lol. At least Germany only has one uncompetitive division and not two.

What was Guardiola supposed to do, take Real Oviedo to the Champions League on a shoestring? For better or worse (worse as far as I'm concerned, but that's a different discussion) he has a rigid philosophy that he can only implement properly at a club with the right resources. Knocking Pep for choosing Bayern is the same as knocking Jose for choosing Inter, they were even more dominant in the league pre-Jose than Bayern have been pre-Guardiola.

Guest RFC_CFC

The Bundesliga isn't boring, Dortmund have simply had an unlucky year. Bayern are insulated against bad luck to a greater extent than Dortmund, sure, but one bad year for Dortmund does not an uncompetitive league make.

As for the Scotland comparison... lol. At least Germany only has one uncompetitive division and not two.

What was Guardiola supposed to do, take Real Oviedo to the Champions League on a shoestring? For better or worse (worse as far as I'm concerned, but that's a different discussion) he has a rigid philosophy that he can only implement properly at a club with the right resources. Knocking Pep for choosing Bayern is the same as knocking Jose for choosing Inter, they were even more dominant in the league pre-Jose than Bayern have been pre-Guardiola.

It's how I see it so relax, if you enjoy it then good for you but I find it a snooze fest with the winner already confirmed before a ball is kicked.

If you think it's going to be competetive in the next few years then you are truely deluded.

• 3 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

Getting rid of Jupp Heynckes, after a season in which they won five different trophies (everything!), for a manager famous for winning with an arguably the best team of all times, still puzzles me. They'll pay for it in the long run and I'm glad they will.

After all the hype of last year, the German league is truly sh*t...when one team is that dominant and can buy players so easily off their closest rivals, one wonders what is in it for the fans of all the other clubs? They know that even if they ever become good, Bayern will just pick off their best players