Matic

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

37 minutes ago, CFCholland said:

He is when he tries to be. But he only tries for half a season. The last half he didn't even bother making runs, when he doesn't do that there's almost nothing left. It's his own fault too, he constantly tried to dribble past players, or he picks the ball up from deep and loses it.

I don't think anyone will disagree with you that he is one of the best strikers in the league when he is on form, but when he's not there's nothing he can fall back on, and he becomes more of a hinderence than anything else.

That's why I told out friend from India watching live is different he is always running off the ball off the camera, making room for players like hazardhe always makes his runs, season before last season he was out wide a lot for whatever reason and he had a sh*t season but so did all the team.

Same way the whole team dips second halfback of the season, part of it is a fatigue, we had zero rotation, even with no Europe it's hard, winning the league takes more effort than mid table, we were under pressure busting our arses every week.

Costa had 5 or 6 poor games in a row this half season is something someone said once and became commonplace, wasn't the case at all, if he played half a season then he is a 40 goal striker is he plays that good alll season?

Matic on the other hand just f**ks off indefinitely, he can be phenomenal on his day and then just turns into a passive shell of his best, that's 65 percent of the time, of matic could play at his best even half a season I'd fight for him tooth and nail.

Costa doesn't do that, he always tries, he always fights, if it wasn't for the friction with management we wouldn't dream of replacing him, he is a brilliant striker, he won us 15 points by himself last season, 15 points...

He will get you a goal out of nothing and I'll tell you if his linkup play and dribbling that you have criticised was top class as well he would probably be the best striker in the world or there about, because he rest of his game is top notch, those are the only 2 weaknesses to his game but like I said it's not in his mound as a player.

You have to know what to look for in a striker, our Indian friend who calls him a "c**t" doesn't like him because he can't run fast enough and pirouette past a defence of Fifa ultimate team, but listen to how shearer speaks about him, nothing but praise because as a top striker he understands all the things Costa does that you can't do on FIFA, he called him the pl player of the season, honestly we could go 10 years without a striker as good as Costa, people don't realise that. 

Edited by DonAntonio

5 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Yawn!!! 

But but but costa has a great first touch!!

btw, have you seen Matic's Fifa rating? 

What do you mean but but but, he does have a great first touch and I demonstrated why, other people get that you don't, I think you think that first touch doesn't come under ball control, that's because you've never player football or watched a football game except online, here is an online tutorial about ball control/first touch

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/skills/4189380.stm

Also the FIFA thing was to play on your field don't try and turn it round on me pal, I watch football I don't learn what I know about the game online from the other side of the planet, but even they realsise his ball control is one of his best attributes that's why it was ironic...

10 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

What do you mean but but but, he does have a great first touch and I demonstrated why, other people get that you don't, I think you think that first touch doesn't come under ball control, that's because you've never player football or watched a football game except online, here is an online tutorial about ball control/first touch

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/skills/4189380.stm

Also the FIFA thing was to play on your field don't try and turn it round on me pal, I watch football I don't learn what I know about the game online from the other side of the planet, but even they realsise his ball control is one of his best attributes that's why it was ironic...

And give me a scientific research showing that watching games live gives you more understanding than watching one on the tv? Lol.

i gave you Stats and facts comparing lukaku's first touch and ball control and dispossession from a complete 3rd party. And people who apparently watch the game live and all that jazz. They seem to differ massively.

so now I have not played football? Lol. You seem to have a lot of information about me? Stalking me? It's actually sad that whenever you can't provide actual factual arguments you resort to abusing/making ott comments or bringing in insanely stupid and hopelessly childish arguments like nationality. 

For someone who apparently has such an immense knowledge of football, I mostly see you belittling anyone that disagrees/challenges your opinion rather than provide an actual argument. Real strange. Anyways not worth the time and effort. Time to put on ignore.

Edited by didierforever

1 minute ago, didierforever said:

And give me a scientific research showing that watching games live gives you more understanding than watching one on the tv? Lol.

And there it is you just told anyone who knows anything about football that you know f**k all about football ask someone else to tell you why.

I won't descend into bickering and name calling, but what winds me up about you is this arrogant air of expertise and unwillingness to learn, when you've never kicked a ball or watched a live game.

You think you can read online and tell everyone how it is, so that's the reason not because of your nationality or anything else, but because you are faking it and acting like you know it all.

So you just ask someone why watching live is more important, much more...because you put yourself in it with that one I'm afraid, why do you think scouts don't just watch videos, I'll give you a hint, the camera only covers the players around the ball, a pitch is at least 6000 square metres....if you're not the real deal pal sooner or later it will become apparent, no one said you have to watch every game live or be from within 2 miles often bridge, not at all, but a bit of humility and willingness to learn would serve you well. 

6 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

And there it is you just told anyone who knows anything about football that you know f**k all about football ask someone else to tell you why.

I won't descend into bickering and name calling, but what winds me up about you is this arrogant air of expertise and unwillingness to learn, when you've never kicked a ball or watched a live game.

You think you can read online and tell everyone how it is, so that's the reason not because of your nationality or anything else, but because you are faking it and acting like you know it all.

So you just ask someone why watching live is more important, much more...because you put yourself in it with that one I'm afraid, why do you think scouts don't just watch videos, I'll give you a hint, the camera only covers the players around the ball, a pitch is at least 6000 square metres....if you're not the real deal pal sooner or later it will become apparent, no one said you have to watch every game live or be from within 2 miles often bridge, not at all, but a bit of humility and willingness to learn would serve you well. 

Unfortunately this one came just before I could put you on ignore so I will take the bait.

a district level footballer. Not much, but I can bet I have played more football than you. As for watching matches live. Had a 6 month long internship in Spain just last year. Saw enough rm/atm games. So there you go. Just shows how much you ACTUALLY know.

anyways, like I said in my previous post, this is just another condescending post from someone whose biggest call to fame/knowledge is watching a football match live. 

So buddy, give it a rest. And before you call my tone arrogant, have a look at how and especially what you say. Hopefully I don't get any more notifications from you. 

Also, funny how you conviniently ignored the rest of my post

Edited by didierforever

4 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Also, funny how you conviniently ignored the rest of my post

Funny how you conveniently ignored your question "what can't you learn from watching a game on TV than from live"...... that was a bad one mate for a football expert of your level, in addition to not knowing what a first touch and ball control is...anyway pal, have a good one 

5 minutes ago, TheFunkeyGibbon said:

So the latest seems to be that United can go f**k themselves after poaching Lukaku, so he might be used as bait with Juve to get Sandro. Thoughts?

Needs more sources for the Sandro-Matic swap. Otherwise it'd be selling Matic to Juve then bid for Sandro next year at maybe a lower price. This is so that Juve can restock their defence next summer while securing a replacement for Sandro 

It's all conjecture really from my part. 

People are seriously underrating Matic. I admit his position we can improve and by buying Bakayoko I think the club just tries to do that.

Matic is pretty good higher up the pitch and he can shied the ball very well. His passing is also good. I think if he moves on people will see how good he can be. On the same note I'm glad we went for Bakayoko even though I know very little of him.

18 hours ago, Blue Exile said:

Cuadrado off the top of my head.

18 hours ago, Charles Ryder said:

Cuadrado out, Deschamps in, Vialli in...

Unless I'm missing something, that's the entirety of our transfer dealings with Juve listed right there.

How the hell did i forget Cuadrado. SHAME!!!

On 7/15/2017 at 08:13, dkw said:

You do know that it was the donkey comment I first took umbrage with, right?

On 7/15/2017 at 13:31, DonAntonio said:

That's why you always argue so vigorously but always get it wrong, you learn everything you know about football online, you treat it like a homework assignment, if you watched a game live you would have to listen to the commentary of google what was going on, playing off someone first time he isn't good, taking a touch to go round a player first time with his feet he fails quite frequently, getting the call under control from a long pass, a hard pass he is excellent, that's called ball control and that's a first touch, I bet if you looked him up on your Fifa game he will have good first touch stats :biggrin: people who actually watch football already know he has a sublime first touch at times, granted usually off his chest or body,  but again that's his first touch and your squaka dribbled past stats won't show you that. It's easy does he bring down the ball well or not? Getting the ball under control is your first touch and you can smash it at him in the box he will get it under control and get a shot off, that's because he has good "first touch" 

Careful, lads, or he'll pull out his "racist" card, and then where will you be?

On 7/15/2017 at 18:04, didierforever said:

.............some other self-justifying nonsense, with opinions gleaned from google and Sky Sports.

Because, scientifically speaking, at a match you are not JUST watching what the broadcast director chooses to show you.  That's why.

39 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Careful, lads, or he'll pull out his "racist" card, and then where will you be?

Because, scientifically speaking, at a match you are not JUST watching what the broadcast director chooses to show you.  That's why.

THIS again!!! LOL.

I am sure the people who go to the match have the keenest of the keen eyes to notice EXACTLY what ALL the 22 people on the field are doing as well as the supporting staff, groundsmen etc etc. 

1 hour ago, didierforever said:

THIS again!!! LOL.

I am sure the people who go to the match have the keenest of the keen eyes to notice EXACTLY what ALL the 22 people on the field are doing as well as the supporting staff, groundsmen etc etc. 

That's your problem mate even when backed in with an obvious stupid statement on your part and a very solid argument on the part of others you don't have the humility to concede you got it wrong, it's not hard, at a game player running through the middle watching Costa peel off to take away defenders and the camera isn't going to follow him it, will follow the ball....he has just told you the exact same thing I have, you can see what's going on off camera and instead of say you know what that's right you come up with anotherer smart arse statement and that my man makes you a wrong'n

1 hour ago, didierforever said:

THIS again!!! LOL.

I am sorry, but there is no comparison, between watching on television and a 'live' match. A televised match only allows you to watch what the camera wants you to see.