Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Ethan789blues

Matic, in the middle of our pitch

1,721 posts in this topic
7 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

Nah I'm weak as piss but just something I wouldn't accept that's all. I admit I got it wrong by just reading you're reply and not the whole conversation.

Nothing wrong with a mistake if you have the good grace to own it, takes a man, no hard feelings your pal from south Asian should try that 

6 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

Nothing wrong with a mistake if you have the good grace to own it, takes a man, no hard feelings your pal from south Asian should try that 

I'm wondering who my friend is? I'm not used to friends :blush2:

10 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

I'm wondering who my friend is? I'm not used to friends :blush2:

Don't worry mate it's easy stuff, you'll get the hang of it, just be yourself 

On 17/07/2017 at 18:51, Deino said:

Totally unrelated to the discussion but:

http://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/chelsea/transfer-talk/news/report-matic-agrees-juventus-deal_302893.html

Claims that Matic has agreed a deal with Juve just need Chelsea to lower the price.

If we're gonna lower the price, the I'd like it that we get a clause inserted into A. Sandro's new contract for first-refusal. It's a dream tho 

I do not think they agreed anything yet. Allegri likes him for sure very much but can't see us spending 40m for him. Currently there are rumours  about 3-4 players Matic, Nzonzi, Matuidi and Can who is the only one I personally would put an offer for.

I am not sure first refusal clause are feasible, those are gentlemen agreements rather than contracts

Deino likes this

Posted (edited)

No, I would gladly sell him to Juventus for 30m but any price other than 70m to United would be awful. A destroyer in the Matic mould is exactly what they need. Mourinho isn't interested in controlling the tempo of games in possession (like Veratti would do) and dictating the midfield  is the job of the 85m player they bought the other summer. Last season one of the problems they had was the Pogba wasn't able to use his full attacking prowess because he had to be a bit defensive-minded since there was no out and out destroyer to  lock down the games. Matic on the other hand, in his favoured DM role, is perfect for this. He's poor in a 2 man midfield but when we played 3-5-2 at times he had less space to cover but could lay off the ball to others to go on the offensive. Pogba/Herrera/Matic is scarily dangerous especially with somebody like Lukaku to convert all those chances that Ibra constantly missed last season. Matic is big, strong and a very good reader of the game so he'll be good at trying to secure the back / midfield, Herrera doing the dirty work and Pogba having a completely free role in the offense. Man United fans are clamoring for Fabinho but there is a reason why Mourinho hasn't lodged anything for him when the player has even said he wants to join. 

I worry that we won't even get in a decent replacement and ultimately with this just further raises my anxiety (which was nicely put by Scott Harris / Carefree in the other thread). In fact as a separate note I have no idea if Bakayoko has the necessary qualities to augment our midfield (or Rudiger over VVD or Christensen...)

Edited by MANoWAR

Even at £50m I'd prefer we didn't sell to a rival. 

Be interesting to see if we recruit midfield player. I think Cesc could get more game time this season in midfield but we've already sold Chalobah as well. Maybe Baker will be kept around this season or perhaps there's something to the Oxlade-Chamberlain rumour? 

Scott Harris and Zola like this

Don't understand why he would want go to United to be united with Jose again, wasn't his most humiliating experience ( get subbed 20 minutes after being subbed on) by Jose? That season under Jose was the most fall from grace from any Chelsea player ( or any EPL players for that matter). For 50M, it's a reluctant yes for me.

I'd be happy to sell him abroad for 35-40m. But if Man Utd want him, then we should settle for nothing less than 60m.

Zola likes this

£50 million price tag is to put united off and sell lower to Juventus

3 minutes ago, Brutos said:

£50 million price tag is to put united off and sell lower to Juventus

IF they were not put off by the 100million price tag of Lukaku, hard to see them being put off by this.

16 hours ago, mojo said:

Roman, this needs to end. Stop 'rewarding' players by selling them to our rivals. Losing Cech didn't end up hurting us but this is Jose we're talking about here, not 4rsenal. 

Of course it's not my money but I'd rather sell him for 25m to anyone abroad than to United at any price. You don't give your rivals what they want. 

I'm surprised by United bailing on Dier at 40m but still pursuing Matic. I'd rather have Dier any day. 

robdog and wallosh like this

Posted (edited)

56 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Roman, this needs to end. Stop 'rewarding' players by selling them to our rivals. Losing Cech didn't end up hurting us but this is Jose we're talking about here, not 4rsenal

:biggrin:

I see what you did there 

BTW spudz would never sell Dier to us - their owner knows what it means to be a hated rival

Edited by robdog

38 minutes ago, robdog said:

:biggrin:

I see what you did there 

BTW spudz would never sell Dier to us - their owner knows what it means to be a hated rival

Yes he does, that and being a penny pincher anyway. 

I suggest we all refer to Arsenal as 4rsenal from here on. Im surprised it's not commonplace already 

nominator and robdog like this

I know he is likely to be sold but is there an official reason that he isn't with the squad for pre-season? Or is it just the same situation as Diego?

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I know he is likely to be sold but is there an official reason that he isn't with the squad for pre-season? Or is it just the same situation as Diego?

Can only assume he made it clear to the club at the end of last season that he wants to move on. 

So Conte probably the decision to exclude him because he doesn't want players involved who don't want to be at the club. 

probably knew he would get limited chances with bakayoko now signed. i'm not a fan of selling to utd, but if the rumoured 50m is true then that's more than good for him. unfortunately he seems to have never picked his form back up since his first 12-18 months back at the club.