Matic

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I expect this is one of the 'clinical signings' that Jose has been talking about. 

If the price is what they say (35m+) we need to sell to balance the books in the summer.

I hope the price is alot closer to £20mil, then £30mil atleast. I still think we need a couple more "clinical signings" in the summer, a striker and a left back. There would have to be some sacrifices to get 3 quality signings though: KDB (£17mil-£20mil) , Moses (£5mil-£8mil), Torres (£10mil-£15mil). We also have options to sell Mata, Luiz or Cech (Courtois returning), but I hope it dosen't come to that.

I hope the price is alot closer to £20mil, then £30mil atleast. I still think we need a couple more "clinical signings" in the summer, a striker and a left back. There would have to be some sacrifices to get 3 quality signings though: KDB (£17mil-£20mil) , Moses (£5mil-£8mil), Torres (£10mil-£15mil). We also have options to sell Mata, Luiz or Cech (Courtois returning), but I hope it dosen't come to that.

Moses, Marin, Ba and Eto'o are dead certs to leave in the summer. I would hope for at least £16M for the three of them. Eto'o will free up a lot in wages too.

Edited by JoeyN

Gonçalo Lopes ?@_GoncaloLopes

Matic has an agreement with Chelsea. He's refusing to play today with Benfica to put pressure.

Benfica refused the first offer, 35m€. #CFC

#CFC expects Matic to be in London tomorrow. All the story in O Jogo.

Benfica's president not that kind of guy easy to be blackmailed. Matic risks 6 months without playing. #CFC

I thought Benfica needed the money? doubt they would stop playing Matic.

Exactly. I've no issue here at all though no doubt I will get blown out of all proportion.

Matic wasn't ready and was used in an important deal for Chelsea to buy a player who has gone on to do well for us. If the KDB money goes towards it too then I don't think anyone can moan really.

Sorry bjd have to disagree. How could we have possibly known he wasn't ready? He never played. Say what you like about performing in training and whatnot, but nothing is as good as match time. 

KDB money is fine, but it's the principle. How long will we go on buying the newest shiny things instead of actually giving our own players a chance? It's bad enough watching Sturridge score for fun for Liverpool, let alone paying big money for a guy we let go as a makeweight a couple of seasons ago. 

Next thing it'll be off with Ryan Bertrand to get in Luke Shaw for huge coin who is still nothing more than potential. In my view it is just daft.

You're all basing this on twitter you know... Have you learned nothing from the previous couple of years worth of trandsfer windows?

It's all over the front page of the biggest sports paper in Portugal.

Yeah random tweets from random people is really not a done deal but I'm surprised we are in for him. But I agree we need our Yaya. We need a commander in the midfield. Sort of like Mikel is but better more commanding than he is. Ballack is probably closest in terms of style of what our need is IMO. Ramires is the best we have but we need more quality overall.

He's done well at Benfica and we have to pay a sh*tload of pounds to get him....

We were stupid to let him go but mistakes happen.  I'd be delighted to have him back, exactly what our midfield needs.  I've been jealous of Yaya for years.  Our title bid would look a lot stronger with Matic in our midfield.  The athleticism of him with Ramires will be a sight to behold.

We were stupid to let him go but mistakes happen.

Exactly! The fact we let him go a couple of years ago should be a non factor in making a decision whether to sign him. He doesnt appear to hold any grudges (why should he? by all accounts he wanted to leave) so its water under the bridge.

Opposition fans keep yapping about it, deep down hoping we would pull out of the deal because its 'embarrassing'. Barca sold Pique, Fabregas and Jordi Alba then bought them back for more money, no one called it embarrassing. Dortmund sold Reus when he was 17 or something then bought him back for 30m, no one said a word.

Exactly! The fact we let him go a couple of years ago should be a non factor in making a decision whether to sign him. He doesnt appear to hold any grudges (why should he? by all accounts he wanted to leave) so its water under the bridge.

Opposition fans keep yapping about it, deep down hoping we would pull out of the deal because its 'embarrassing'. Barca sold Pique, Fabregas and Jordi Alba then bought them back for more money, no one called it embarrassing. Dortmund sold Reus when he was 17 or something then bought him back for 30m, no one said a word.

Barca didnt really sell Pique and Fabregas but the Reus one is a good example.I never hear any one talk about that.

We were stupid to let him go but mistakes happen. I'd be delighted to have him back, exactly what our midfield needs. I've been jealous of Yaya for years. Our title bid would look a lot stronger with Matic in our midfield. The athleticism of him with Ramires will be a sight to behold.

I guess stupid because of the money we're mist likely gonna play but its been great for his development

Not embarrassed about it if it comes off, so long as we do not get our pants pulled down over the price. Has happened at other clubs, as above examples have shown.

Hopefully we have a move lined up for Essien as well. 5mill for him plus the 18mill for KdB should hopefully cover most of the Matic deal.