Costa.......swap for Torres

ws6blue
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Not completely daft idea, if you look at Jose comments last few matches about not killing the opposition, and the facts of lack of PL goals from any of the 3

Last summer scouse were nibbling apparently when Suarez uncertain but that's sorted

He's brazilian so plenty support in the club

Torres back to where he started, so that fits nice and gives club a neat outlet for the enigma that is feral do

Oh and he has 19 LaLiga goals this season - yes 19!

And last of all, Athletico saying he is staying - so that's a big clue hell go if price is right

Not impossible

Im f**king sick of these types of threads

Surely there should be f**king rumours in the rumours thread, not hopes and dreams of some daft c**t

Couldn't agree more.

Too many bad threads will ruin the forum.

We only need one Torres thread, two at a push with one in the main section to discuss performances and a second in rumours for junk like this.

The above poster's analogy about a Ferrari and Corsa is bang on.

Well,what a treat getting slagged off by the above posters - what is wrong exactly with suggestion that;

1. Our strikers arnt doing their jobs well enough

2. We need a new striker who scores lots goals

3. We buy that striker maybe partial swap for torres who started at Athletico, surely not that daft an idea

Anyway perhaps 'LANE' can direct me to one of his posts so I can give him a view on that

Having one marathon post isn't the best way to get different points over in my view by the way

Cheers

Well,what a treat getting slagged off by the above posters - what is wrong exactly with suggestion that;

1. Our strikers arnt doing their jobs well enough

2. We need a new striker who scores lots goals

3. We buy that striker maybe partial swap for torres who started at Athletico, surely not that daft an idea

Anyway perhaps 'LANE' can direct me to one of his posts so I can give him a view on that

Having one marathon post isn't the best way to get different points over in my view by the way

Cheers

Don't listen to those slaggers, ws6. You make valid points that haven't been properly addressed here. Everyone here is far too forgiving of our strikers and basically giving Torres a free pass. Bunch of Torres fanboys if you ask me. Besides, I think Torres would gladly take any pay-cut if it meant returning to his old club. Shed enders won't man up and admit we need a new striker; they've got the blinders on with this issue. You've brought some sense to this senseless place.

Edited by RickCFC

Don't listen to those slaggers, ws6. You make valid points that haven't been properly addressed here. Everyone here is far too forgiving of our strikers and basically giving Torres a free pass. Bunch of Torres fanboys if you ask me. Besides, I think Torres would gladly take any pay-cut if it meant returning to his old club. Shed enders won't man up and admit we need a new striker; they've got the blinders on with this issue. You've brought some sense to this senseless place.

Not sure that is true. Plenty of us recognise the need for a new striker. Lukaku plus a new striker next season, preferably the new one in January.

Not sure I buy into the Costa hype myself. He seems to have a bit of a golden touch right now, but I think when you start talking about buying players who have had half a good season over their whole career it worries me (for every Drogba there are many that don't live up to the hype).

He's also reasonably limited beyond his finishing. Certainly he has no better touch than Lukaku and his movement arguably isn't as good. In a league where defences are much tighter I feel he wouldn't really be an improvement worth paying for.

Also it's interesting the story has been Courtois for Costa rather than Torres. No chance of that happening, or realistically of them agreeing to a swap for Torres (although I do think Torres would return to goal scoring form in Spain It's also not the most ridiculous idea that he might end up back at Atletico)

On a separate note I'm not sure the abuse that ws6 got was necessary. He's always been a solid poster in my time here. But from a practical point of view, perhaps we could have a 'scouting thread', they exist in plenty of other forums, where these sort of random wishes/ here's a player I like sort of bits can be posted without bothering Lane et al. who find them annoying. Just a thought.

I doubt this is likely to happen but there have been plenty of swap deals in the past. Galas/cole, matic/Luiz, ibra/Eto'o just to name a few notable ones. I think we will see more now as well as it would appear to benefit clubs FFP.

I said a while ago swaps will happen a lot more if ffp ever gets fully implemented, though I don't see that ever actually happening. I also think contracts will get much shorter, 2 year ones becoming the norm.

I doubt this is likely to happen but there have been plenty of swap deals in the past. Galas/cole, matic/Luiz, ibra/Eto'o just to name a few notable ones. I think we will see more now as well as it would appear to benefit clubs FFP.

I said a while ago swaps will happen a lot more if ffp ever gets fully implemented, though I don't see that ever actually happening. I also think contracts will get much shorter, 2 year ones becoming the norm.

Only swap deal I can see happening with Atletico Madrid is for Courtois. I remember seeing their second goalkeeper make some horrible mistakes against Rubin Kazan in EL 2012/13 season and Simone probably learned the value of having a great goalkeeper. The Rumours I have seen posted recently is Courtois for either Koke or Diego Costa, wich I wouldn't have considered, unless we got both and we could offload Torres in return :)

Only swap deal I can see happening with Atletico Madrid is for Courtois. I remember seeing their second goalkeeper make some horrible mistakes against Rubin Kazan in EL 2012/13 season and Simone probably learned the value of having a great goalkeeper. The Rumours I have seen posted recently is Courtois for either Koke or Diego Costa, wich I wouldn't have considered, unless we got both and we could offload Torres in return :)

Hmmmm

You're not too bright, are you

You're absolutely right. Just to be sure you're not over egging your own mental prowess why not scan all your qualifications for us so we can be sure you have the prerequisite IQ to have an opinion. We do have a 'Rick Cranium' filter to adhere to after all.