Zouma - If Kurt's Happy, I'm Happy!

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, IliyaKrostin said:

He seems to be back to his form at Everton. Watched the game against Leicester and he was excellent.

One swallow a summer doesn't make.

• 1 month later...

As starting centre back for Everton he's finally fulfilling his ultimate destiny of becoming the new Sylvain Distin. 

A crying shame as he had so much potential. I'm slightly surprised José hasn't gone for him at Man Utd - I can't imagine he'd be especially expensive. 

Lyon were apparently interested in a transfer in the summer, they have 4 or 5 players that could be good signings for us, Mendy, Ndombele, Aouar, Depay, and Fekir. 

Maybe we could use Zouma in a makeweight for one of those players. I don't think he will get another chance here now. 

29 minutes ago, big blue said:

Lyon were apparently interested in a transfer in the summer, they have 4 or 5 players that could be good signings for us, Mendy, Ndombele, Aouar, Depay, and Fekir. 

Maybe we could use Zouma in a makeweight for one of those players. I don't think he will get another chance here now. 

Could be a good move, don't think he has the ball playing attributes to make it here under Sarri

• 3 months later...

With the impending transfer ban, is the Zouma situation worth reviewing? He was doing so well for us a few years back, until his very unfortunate injury
How's he been doing the last few months?
He will struggle with Sarriball, bringing back Omeruo or Kalas will be good

4 hours ago, dustbin719 said:

With the impending transfer ban, is the Zouma situation worth reviewing? He was doing so well for us a few years back, until his very unfortunate injury

How's he been doing the last few months?

Zouma's not good enough for us, he's not exactly impressed at Everton and the last thing we need is more mid table level players in our squad. 

I think Ampadu is more likely to be asked to step up, he's already a much more rounded player than Zouma and he's confidence and ability in possession is more suited to Sarri's style. 

33 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Zouma's not good enough for us, he's not exactly impressed at Everton and the last thing we need is more mid table level players in our squad. 

I think Ampadu is more likely to be asked to step up, he's already a much more rounded player than Zouma and he's confidence and ability in possession is more suited to Sarri's style. 

Thanks for the update guys. Quite a shame really. 

On 13/03/2019 at 09:59, ForeverCarefree said:

This still upsets me, I know you’re probably right and he’s never truly been the same since the knee injuries but he was a beast of a CB prior to that and I genuinely think he could have made it to the top if it wasn’t for that.

A bit like Van Ginkel I suppose, knee injuries are a right bastard for footballers.