Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

AlfieNotaPlastic

Dominic Solanke

150 posts in this topic

You can't blame these young players, their families and agents for trying to earn as much as they can. Regrettably it is the way the game has gone. It used to be PROVE yourself first and then you'll get rewarded - now they all want a share of the big bucks early in case by the time they are 23 they are another forgotten, "promising youngster". 

As long as going forward we insist on buy-back clauses for any of these youngsters we decide not to cave in to demands and let go.

coco and g3.7 like this

I would like us to keep him, but wouldn't pay any more than £20-25k a week to him, which for a top level Premier League club is VERY reasonable for a fringe player.

Caving into youngsters demands shows a weakness and creates a precedence for other undeserved players to ask for whatever they want. Surely Tammy has now overtaken him in terms of development, as we've seen multiple times in the past both at Chelsea and other clubs, youth football is all about physicality and pace, tactical knowledge is something that comes with age and first team football, which as of yet Solanke has next to none of.

If he really demanded 50k he can f**k off, what did he do to earn that contract? Did he prove himself in any level apart from his age group? He was ok on his Dutch loan but who really wasn't? I hope this is media bullsh*t since i like him as he is a product of our academy but no one should keep the club ransom. 

On 10/26/2016 at 08:36, TrueBlueBIH said:

If he really demanded 50k he can f**k off, what did he do to earn that contract? Did he prove himself in any level apart from his age group? He was ok on his Dutch loan but who really wasn't? I hope this is media bullsh*t since i like him as he is a product of our academy but no one should keep the club ransom. 

To be fair to him, if my agent said he thought he could get me 50k a week instead of 25k a week who wouldn't try and get that? At the end of the day everyone would try to squeeze as much money as possible from their employer. 

On 10/26/2016 at 08:56, Zeta Orionis said:

Didn't Borini try to demand about 70k or something ridiculous when he was here?

Yep, I remember that going on. Carlo was pretty high on him at the time and the reports from his loan at Swansea & reverse levels were very good. Sadly he got greedy and moved on. Was for the best looking at him now.

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Rumours again that he's not going to sign a new contract and will leave the club at the end of the season. 

Surprised he hasn't been shipped out on loan again. Would be a shame if he leaves but reckon Tammy is ahead of him now anyway, there's only so many prospects we can have without one or two moving on.

Can't see any other team really paying him much more than we would at the moment. If he is thinking of moving on it should be for reasons on how he can improve himself maybe by getting more regular football. If he hasn't got the belief and confidence in his own ability to break into Chelsea its only right that he should move on for his own benefit.

if he's coming to the end of his contract I doubt we can insist on buy back clauses with his new club contract.

Came here after the Tammy thread where Don was mentioned a few times. The lack of a loan surely means he's off in the summer for good with no new contract.  Not sure which squad he is even training with at the moment? It's disappointing all around. 

Stupid decision on his part, will make nowhere near the wage he could have if he stayed and going that long without playing games regularly at his age is quite concerning

16 hours ago, VG said:

Came here after the Tammy thread where Don was mentioned a few times. The lack of a loan surely means he's off in the summer for good with no new contract.  Not sure which squad he is even training with at the moment? It's disappointing all around. 

If the club rated him that highly I'm sure they would have offered him a contract by now. We'll receive a substantial development fee if he stays in England so it wouldn't surprise me he leaves for Celtic or Rangers next season.

Edited by the special one

I read that we wanted to give him a contract but he wanted insane money for someone his age and inexperience.

2 hours ago, the special one said:

If the club rated him that highly I'm sure they would have offered him a contract by now. We'll receive a substantial development fee if he stays in England so it wouldn't surprise me he leaves for Celtic or Rangers next season.

They want him to sign a new contract however there is a disparity between how much he wants and how much we want to give to him and you also think that Solanke on his half is holding out for money for assurance that we see him as a big part of our future plans.

6 hours ago, Xfaxtor said:

Stupid decision on his part, will make nowhere near the wage he could have if he stayed and going that long without playing games regularly at his age is quite concerning

I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet, simply because we have seen players sign contracts at us simply for money before and never actually go on to make it. He for instance might not see a path to being a regular here and might end up going to a team who offer him more first team opportunities. I will actually have a bit of respect for him if he ends up moving to a team where he earns less but could of earn more if he stayed here. Let's see come the end of this, what happens and then I will make judgement because in reality he is quite a far way behind our other strikers such as Costa, Batshuayi, Abraham and Traore probably too.

Sapper245 likes this

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2017/2/17/14644860/liverpool-ready-to-pay-8m-for-chelsea-youth-striker-dominic-solanke-report

Liverpool willing to pay the 8m compensation fee for Solanke. There is no way they'll be able to match his wage demands so i'm not too sure why Solanke would go there rather than sign a new contract here..?

1 minute ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Liverpool willing to pay the 8m compensation fee for Solanke. There is no way they'll be able to match his wage demands so i'm not too sure why Solanke would go there rather than sign a new contract here..?

Is he anymore likely to get playing time at Liverpool than he is at Chelsea? He'd presumably be behind Firmino, Sturridge, Ings and Origi. 

Shame, as he had/has great potential, but I think we set the wrong precedance giving RLC such a big contract when he's done nothing to warrant it yet, and Solanke presumably wants the same. But if a 30m international striker can't even get more than a few seconds at the end of games, he has no hope in hell of playing here.

14 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Is he anymore likely to get playing time at Liverpool than he is at Chelsea? He'd presumably be behind Firmino, Sturridge, Ings and Origi. 

Very true. Seems strange to me.

He may go there with less wage due to more chance of playing time? Tbh I don't really care, a season ago I would've , I felt he was one of our most promising lads, now we have batman and Abraham . 

I'd 1000000% be taking an 8mil comp fee for him if that rumour is true.

i was the same thinking he was the future for us but Tammy has definitely shot past him on that aspect and Bertrand is probably still ahead of him as well.

It's hard to see where he'd get a look in here and for those wage demands, good riddance. Although if he moves to Liverpool it's 100% not about playing time as he'll be way down their pecking order as well!