Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

AlfieNotaPlastic

Dominic Solanke

158 posts in this topic

Any ideas where he's off to this summer? Will we be selling him, or will it be a free transfer?

6 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Any ideas where he's off to this summer? Will we be selling him, or will it be a free transfer?

Free transfer with development costs. If its abroad it will be less apparently.

2 hours ago, the special one said:

That would be phenomenal but swap deals are not so common, make it a little unrealistic

34 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

That would be phenomenal but swap deals are not so common, make it a little unrealistic

I don't think it would be swap deal per se - the compensation payment to us for Solanke would be via tribunal, Tierney would be a separate transaction that just happens to involve the two clubs. Celtic (who value Tierney at 17m) would essentially make a profit and get Solanke for free

Edited by the special one

9 minutes ago, the special one said:

I don't think it would be swap deal per se - the compensation payment to us for Solanke would be via tribunal, Kierney would be a separate transaction that just happens to involve the two clubs). Celtic (who value Tierney at 17m) would essentially make a profit and get Solanke for free

wink wink eh? I'm all for Tierney signing here, I think he'd be good to spell Alonso or play when we need to be less active going forward. Plus when he makes it big there's another player Wenger can add to the 'I tried to sign him' list. 

the special one likes this

18 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

wink wink eh? I'm all for Tierney signing here, I think he'd be good to spell Alonso or play when we need to be less active going forward. Plus when he makes it big there's another player Wenger can add to the 'I tried to sign him' list. 

Looks pretty good for a 19 year old. I'm all for us signing a few British players, i think it's important to have a few of them in the team. If he'd be okay being Alonso's backup, i think it would be a good signing, especially if the figure is under £15m.

the special one likes this

Can see Solanke tearing up the scottish league (not hard) may aswell get a young british prospect in return as cover for Alonso In Tierney