Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

loz

The 'Love Life Thread'

Just to let people know I have removed it.  Wasn't going to at first but gave it a little thought and decided that was the best course of action.  I am not casting any aspersions on any users on here but I am just a little wary of people providing a little too much personal info which might come back to hurt them at a later date. I wouldn't want this forum to have played any unintentional part in any possible ramifications.

Just to let people know I have removed it.  Wasn't going to at first but gave it a little thought and decided that was the best course of action.  I am not casting any aspersions on any users on here but I am just a little wary of people providing a little too much personal info which might come back to hurt them at a later date. I wouldn't want this forum to have played any unintentional part in any possible ramifications.

I was waiting for your Sun-style REVEAL ALL on G4, Pauly and what you really did in those "Football Manager" games. :(

I was waiting for your Sun-style REVEAL ALL on G4, Pauly and what you really did in those "Football Manager" games. :(

Every football team needs a masseur!

I tend to agree with some of your thoughts loz; for the young and inexperienced poster they may have ended up tears believing that it was an Agony Aunt page and the forum gets dragged into a cyber bullying lawsuit, but of course no one really knows whether fact or fiction is being posted resulting in the post ending up in the 'Shades of Grey' area which can no doubt be difficult to censor; so best err on the side of caution I suppose as some peoples sense of humour differs greatly from others….sensible call loz. 

I can see your point, I don't agree, but you're the gaffer.

This sums up how i feel.

The fact is this is a internet forum, you only put down what you want people to know. So if you choose to write something personal about yourself then thats your choice.

Its funny to me that a thread has been closed because people may talk about them selves but you are all happy to actually meet each other in real life. You cant get any more personal that actually meeting up with someone.

you could always have password protected forum sections for long-term members or certain member groups, etc... if you wanted to not be so public with some threads.

Members would have to be vetted to gain special status :biggrin:

End of the day this is a football forum not the Dear Deidre pages of The Sun. 

I agree with Loz that you can sometimes give away too much about yourself on forum so if the Mods/Admin team think it's unsuitable for the site then I respect that decision. 

Loz had to take it down as Val posted some semi-nudes, she has a great rack but we have to think of the younger members viewing the forum!

I did, however, flog them to the Sunday Sport. Your cut is in the post mate.