Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shade8780

Paul Pogba - Needs to Sign!

Do we really need him?  If he's a Defensive mid, then we have Matic, Mikel and Van Ginkel who can play there

I think we need someone with a bit more Finesse other than Ramires who can play alongside someone like Matic and carry the ball forward and distribute it effectively to the attackers.

Pogba is so fukking good.

He can pass long or short, he can dribble, he can shoot, he can kick the sh*t out of people

My god, if we manage to sign him wed have one terrifying midfield

Pogba is so fukking good.

He can pass long or short, he can dribble, he can shoot, he can kick the sh*t out of people

My god, if we manage to sign him wed have one terrifying midfield

IF he did come into the Chelsea team, who do you see him playing with and who's expense does he come in at?

This is a legitimate question as I know very little of Pogba's club play.

Thanks 

IF he did come into the Chelsea team, who do you see him playing with and who's expense does he come in at?

This is a legitimate question as I know very little of Pogba's club play.

Thanks 

He takes Ramires' place.

They are very similar in playstyle although Pogba is a better player.

Hes such an athletic beast and he couples that with good technique and decision making. He plays with a maturity of a much older player

Do we really need him?  If he's a Defensive mid, then we have Matic, Mikel and Van Ginkel who can play there

I think we need someone with a bit more Finesse other than Ramires who can play alongside someone like Matic and carry the ball forward and distribute it effectively to the attackers.

Well really he's a mix. He can score from anywhere, has great passing and dribbling skills but plays tough on defense. He's a beast already at age 20 and has been compared to the likes of Yaya Toure, Patrick Vieira and even Zidane.

And anyways, Van Ginkel isnt ready yet to be playing a lot for this team and Mikel has never really been that great. Matic is pretty good but we can slide in Pogba beside him.

Imagine if we made a double swoop of Pogba and Balotelli or Costa. We'd be the best team in the world probably with those guys. I'd even be delighted if we just got Pogba and brought back Lukaku.

Well you guys have certainly got me interested.  I didn't know he was only 20 as his name seems to have been bandied about for ages now!

I think we need someone to play alongside Matic.  If we get that, we'll be a solid midfield for years to come.  A young striker and a LB and we'd be a team set for years to come.

I'll watch the video, but YouTube videos often can make anyone look good.  I'll just try and watch a few Juve game with him, and text my mate in Virginia who's a massive fan of Juve.

Video seems to highlight that he's big,powerful, but has good skill for someone that size.

I've just text my Juve mate who replied "Great pleyer already, with nothing but up side.  It's gonna take close to 70 mil to bag him though.  Like Patrick Viera but more attack minded.  Picked him on a free from United two years ago."

Does all that sounds accurate?  70 Mill is an insane amount, but he may have his Juve tinted glasses on there....and United let him go on a free!!

Funny thing is, Manure had him since he was on their youth squad but never played him. Juventus ended up signing him for free and now PSG are offering them €70 million for him while Manure are left trying to get him back. You had your chance, now f**k off lol.

Video seems to highlight that he's big,powerful, but has good skill for someone that size.

I've just text my Juve mate who replied "Great pleyer already, with nothing but up side.  It's gonna take close to 70 mil to bag him though.  Like Patrick Viera but more attack minded.  Picked him on a free from United two years ago."

Does all that sounds accurate?  70 Mill is an insane amount, but he may have his Juve tinted glasses on there....and United let him go on a free!!

Yeah, that's what PSG are offering. Manure never believed in Pogba and didnt play him.

How did you not know all this already?

I mean its probably Fergusons biggest f**k up. Ferguson promised him more playtime yet instead of actually playing him he brought Scholes out of retirement. I think Fergusons ego had the better of him that time as he didnt want to be 'held for ransom' (appears that lack of game time, not money was the biggest issue) by a 19 yr old.

So Pogba doesnt sign a new contract and leaves for free.

Juve apparently set the price at 60 million, although im positive theyd let him go for 50

How did you not know all this already?

I mean its probably Fergusons biggest f**k up. Ferguson promised him more playtime yet instead of actually playing him he brought Scholes out of retirement. I think Fergusons ego had the better of him that time as he didnt want to be 'held for ransom' (appears that lack of game time, not money was the biggest issue) by a 19 yr old.

So Pogba doesnt sign a new contract and leaves for free.

Juve apparently set the price at 60 million, although im positive theyd let him go for 50

TO be honest mat,e I don't spend a lot of time remembering what other managers have done with young talent.  It's not the only instance of Ferguson messing up with young talent that I've heard about.

If PSG (and according to my mate, Real Madrid) are interested, I can see pogba going for silly money.

Well with FFP, it won't be happening, especially for that kind of money. I don't know where PSG are getting the go ahead to spend 50+ million here, another 50-60+ million there; does FFP not apply to the Parisians? 

Edit: Also, Real Madrid's spending is being monitored too, surely? It's a bit hypocritical, especially after the money we've spent, but PSG and Real Madrid seem to get the right away when it comes to money spent on players. 

Why would Juve let him go?  I was under the impression that they had ambitions to get back to the top, and they're the only hope for Italian football at the moment.  Pogba and Vidal is a formidable midfield though.

Laurent Blanc told yesterday that Pogba isn't needed in PSG and he doesn't want him, the biggest threats are Real Madrid, City and Man U obviously

He is a world class potential talent (and already really really good), him next to Matic and with Hazard Oscar and Willian, omg that would be world class for the next 10 years to come

Why would Juve let him go?  I was under the impression that they had ambitions to get back to the top, and they're the only hope for Italian football at the moment.  Pogba and Vidal is a formidable midfield though.

That is a very solid midfield, indeed

Because his contract runs out in 2016 and he doesnt want to sign a new one

Oh that is interesting.  So we could potentially have Kroos and Pogba refusing to sign this summer.

Well, Juve still have a year to convince Pogba to stay but i guess the prospect of getting 60 million for a player you got for free is just too tempting

Kroos wont be moving, not a chance

I do believe he would be the perfect partner for Matic. I follow Juventus when I can and he should not be afraid to bid for this lad (although not over 25m).

He is elegant on the ball, fine touch and passing. He is also more then strong enough to handle his own. What I like most about him is that he knows when to sit back, but also when to bombard forward as he has a keen eye for goal. Pogba is a perfect suitor to play alongside Matic in a 4-2-3-1 formation. This will also allow Oscar to be less reserved when going forward as it should relinquish him a bit more of his defensive duties. A new striker and Pogba will make us contenders for CL.