Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

ForeverCarefree

The John Terry Appreciation Thread

1,847 posts in this topic

If only JT and ashley cole were as professional as Lamps, they would be remembered like he is, for his leadership, success and quality, rather than their negative aspects. 

Yeah, if you like reading Hello!, or Ok! or some other sh*tty magazine. ME, I will remember him as a club legend and for all those qualities you listed.

Scott Harris, moi, Beerqueen and 1 other like this

Strange post.

JT will go down as one of the all time greats not jsut at Chelsea but in English football.

I respect all three just the same, nobodys perfect and all 3 footballers have done the buisness for Chelsea Football Club aso get all of my respect.

not sure about "all time greats in english football,all the negative stuff  reported about john  will cloud the judgement of the haters out there and will use that stick to beat him with.

Yeah, if you like reading Hello!, or Ok! or some other sh*tty magazine. ME, I will remember him as a club legend and for all those qualities you listed.

Yep I agree

not sure about "all time greats in english football,all the negative stuff reported about john will cloud the judgement of the haters out there and will use that stick to beat him with.

He's easily been the best centre half in the Premiership era.

Off the field rubbish shouldn't cloud over someones achievements

He's easily been the best centre half in the Premiership era.

Off the field rubbish shouldn't cloud over someones achievements

Totally agree but you know what the media and pundits are like...let alone fans...i mean...stevee me w**kfest is a case in point.

Oh yes, for Chelsea fans we will remember them for their service and ability, but if you bring up Lampard everyone will say he's a legend, but if you bring up Terry or Cole they'll always make a comment about Cheryl or Wayne Bridge

Oh yes, for Chelsea fans we will remember them for their service and ability, but if you bring up Lampard everyone will say he's a legend, but if you bring up Terry or Cole they'll always make a comment about Cheryl or Wayne Bridge

Those peoples opinions don't matter if they can't get past the fact jt was and is a fantastic player f**k them. Lampard made mistakes in he's personal life as well. Everyone makes mistakes

stevo likes this

Well maybe those people should stop letting the newspapers make up their minds for them.

Well maybe those people should stop letting the newspapers make up their minds for them.

Excactly Scott

Maybe so, but because the media made a big deal about it, rival fans will always hold it against us.

Maybe so, but because the media made a big deal about it, rival fans will always hold it against us.

Who gives a sh*t what rival fans think. Fans of other clubs hold everything they can against their rivals. We do the same.

Edited by Zeta Orionis
Zola, Beerqueen, Backbiter and 1 other like this

oscar_is_class is quite clearly a very sad and bitter little manure fan.

A few comments I have found to be a little bit 'fishy' to say the least.

oscar_is_class is quite clearly a very sad and bitter little manure fan.

Little harsh, all I was trying to say was that it's a shame that he won't be remembered like lamps was, to the people that read the Shi**y news storys and the ***holes at rivals teams.

I'm not saying that he wasn't one of the best fullbacks of our generation, or that his service and title winning nature would go unnoticed, I just think he deserves a better judgement from the people that believe everything the press say and are influenced by plastic fans from some other sh*te club.

All journalists are middle class c**ts and the media in general is run by such. They all look down on the club and its traditional support hence bad write ups. Its all biased reporting towards whatever club they like. I don't watch the news or read/buy papers. I'm so glad were not like Man United etc. 

f**k em all!

Little harsh, all I was trying to say was that it's a shame that he won't be remembered like lamps was, to the people that read the Shi**y news storys and the ***holes at rivals teams.

I'm not saying that he wasn't one of the best fullbacks of our generation, or that his service and title winning nature would go unnoticed, I just think he deserves a better judgement from the people that believe everything the press say and are influenced by plastic fans from some other sh*te club.

The reverse is also true though. I tend to downplay Rio Ferdinand's ability and play up the story when he has a bad performance, misses a drug test or makes a mistake, and it's simply because I don't like him or the club he plays for. There are situations in which I would deny that he was one of the best centre backs in the Premier League, a part of one of the best defences the Premier League has ever seen, and again, it's because I don't like him. The same is true of Carragher (although he wasn't as good a player as Ferdinand), the same is true of Gerrard, Robbie Fowler, Martin Keown (etc...)

It's just part of the tribal nature of football and the bias of humans.

If only JT and ashley cole were as professional as Lamps, they would be remembered like he is, for his leadership, success and quality, rather than their negative aspects. 

What are you on about you numptie, they are all legends in their own right, unlike you you dipper in disguise.

What exactly does a couple of footballers shagging around have to do with their playing careers?

Why don't you just go back to your bin dipping and leave us genuine Chelsea fans in peace, you poor excuse for a WUM.

Pretty much won the lot, I really don't care if he stuck one up some french model.

Who was being represented by a Padeophile.

The reverse is also true though. I tend to downplay Rio Ferdinand's ability and play up the story when he has a bad performance, misses a drug test or makes a mistake, and it's simply because I don't like him or the club he plays for. There are situations in which I would deny that he was one of the best centre backs in the Premier League, a part of one of the best defences the Premier League has ever seen, and again, it's because I don't like him. The same is true of Carragher (although he wasn't as good a player as Ferdinand), the same is true of Gerrard, Robbie Fowler, Martin Keown (etc...)

It's just part of the tribal nature of football and the bias of humans.

Nice to see some honesty and balance brought to the discussion.

Of course I would rather that all of our players were model professionals. However, footballers generally have had no real education and aren't the most intelligent either so they are bound to do stupid things. In that sense, the mistakes that John Terry, Ashley Cole etc don't really bother me all that much.

Nice to see some honesty and balance brought to the discussion.

Of course I would rather that all of our players were model professionals. However, footballers generally have had no real education and aren't the most intelligent either so they are bound to do stupid things. In that sense, the mistakes that John Terry, Ashley Cole etc don't really bother me all that much.

Since none of the  mistakes that JT is alleged to have made have been proven, I take them with a huge pinch of salt.