Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

ForeverCarefree

The John Terry Appreciation Thread

2,185 posts in this topic

Everton was a 1 off imo and JT had a rare poor game yesterday. Nothing to worry about too much imo and Jose will definitely sort it!

I just think its a change of system. We play more attacking football now and after playing a season that suits the defenders i think it will take them a while to adjust.

Possibly, we just need to find the balance, we won't always out score teams

Everton was a 1 off imo and JT had a rare poor game yesterday. Nothing to worry about too much imo and Jose will definitely sort it!

Terry will sort it out himself.poor game one game next ten matches - sublime.nothing to do with Jose ,terry is and has always been the best centre half in the premiership.put your faith in terry.

Zola and SydneyChelsea like this

Got absolute faith in Terry to step it up Kevin. I don't think he's been great so far this season but I feel a lot of that is because of Ivanovic. It seems he's way out of position when he's defending and he's pulling Cahill over to cover him which is leaving a gap between the two CBs big enough to drive a tank through.

Xfaxtor and PloKoon13 like this

Terry will sort it out himself.poor game one game next ten matches - sublime.nothing to do with Jose ,terry is and has always been the best centre half in the premiership.put your faith in terry.

I was referring to the defence as a whole, not Terry.

Got absolute faith in Terry to step it up Kevin. I don't think he's been great so far this season but I feel a lot of that is because of Ivanovic. It seems he's way out of position when he's defending and he's pulling Cahill over to cover him which is leaving a gap between the two CBs big enough to drive a tank through.

Couldn't agree more Syd.babayaro was the same,all over the shop - but without Ivan's talent and impact going forward,OCCASIONALLY.

Rival fans take their hatred of Terry a little bit too far, they seem to think that they know him personally. Just for disagreeing with someone about JT recently on the Match of the Day page, I received a ton of personal abuse, and the guy even offered to fight me, I couldn't believe it, but I just felt a bit sorry for him, some people never grow up.

Scott Harris likes this

John Terry and Peter Cech what a friendship

Easily spun by the media as:

JT takes his cue from gouging José and sticks finger in eye of discarded keeper

Some of you really care too much of what the media writes about JT. Just support the man and don't care about the abuse.

moi likes this

Some of you really care too much of what the media writes about JT. Just support the man and don't care about the abuse.

Media always sees the negatives before the positives and puts everything in a different prospective!! but who cares as long as you support your team and players in their highs and lows and believe in them that's what matters really

Rival fans take their hatred of Terry a little bit too far, they seem to think that they know him personally. Just for disagreeing with someone about JT recently on the Match of the Day page, I received a ton of personal abuse, and the guy even offered to fight me, I couldn't believe it, but I just felt a bit sorry for him, some people never grow up.

I have never seen the hatred for one player be so strong. I dislike Gerrard but i would never wish for anything bad to happen to him like others do of Terry, they're sick in the head.

Backbiter likes this

Footballers aren't really worth hating, for the most part they're idiots at worst anyway. I like having rival players/teams around - who would we make fun of if they weren't?

It reminds me of that Voltaire quote: "I always made one prayer to God, a very short one. Here it is: "O Lord, make our enemies quite ridiculous!" God granted it."

Case in point:

Harry-Redknapp-QPR-v-Fulh-008.jpg

bluedave, Jonty, Crem and 2 others like this

I would wager a pound that 99.9% of those who hate JT would love to have him in their team.

I don't really care what he does in his private life and take anything written about the man with a large pinch of salt. But I do think he should have apologised to RF and be done with it. I suspect he regrets not doing so. England missed JT much more than any other player who dropped out in the last 10 years and that speaks volumes.

I would wager a pound that 99.9% of those who hate JT would love to have him in their team.

I don't really care what he does in his private life and take anything written about the man with a large pinch of salt. But I do think he should have apologised to RF and be done with it. I suspect he regrets not doing so. England missed JT much more than any other player who dropped out in the last 10 years and that speaks volumes.

Maybe he doesn't feel he has anything to apologise for. Terry argued his case in court and it went in his favour, i don't see why he needs to apologise. If anyone needs to apologise it is Ferdinand, his comments about Ashley Cole were unacceptable.

It does seem weird that out of the 2 Ferdinand brothers it is Rio who is the one who has been the most outspoken about it.

Edited by Scott Harris