Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

ForeverCarefree

The John Terry Appreciation Thread

6 hours ago, RichardCFC said:

The appeal has been rejected:

John Terry will serve a one-match suspension with immediate effect after his wrongful dismissal claim was unsuccessful, following an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing.

The Chelsea defender was sent off for denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity during The Emirates FA Cup third round tie against Peterborough United on Sunday [8 January 2017].

http://www.thefa.com/news/2017/jan/10/john-terry-dismissal-claim-rejected-100117

That was my thought can't do him for last man only other option was denying a goal scoring opportunity, he would have likely got a 1 on 1 with Bego so it's not the worst decision, we would want it given if it was against us. 

The appeal was really wishful thinking, most would find difficult to argue against the ruling.

I reckon there's no chance he will go to a small club for the sake of playing a few games. He has started he's happy as long as the team is winning, a true legend!

Terry loves Chelsea, there was no way he was going to waste what could be the rest of his Premier League career fighting relegation / playing for a mid table finish over possibly winning another Premier League title with the club he has been at since he was a kid. 

Terry even said last season that he would never play for another Premier League club. He's one of the only players these days that is loyal to their club.

Beerqueen, Jezz and stevo like this

I don't think he'll go because he'll want the chance to win another Premier League medal (though I think he'd already have met the games played criteria) but I don't see anything laughable, wrong or disloyal with him leaving on loan to a club 9th in the Premier League and not a rival at all.

Edited by RichardCFC
WeatherMan likes this

59 minutes ago, RichardCFC said:

I don't think he'll go because he'll want the chance to win another Premier League medal (though I think he'd already have met the games played criteria) but I don't see anything laughable, wrong or disloyal with him leaving on loan to a club 9th in the Premier League and not a rival at all.

There is no games criteria anymore, clubs get a set amount of medals they distribute amongst players and staff.

On 1/9/2017 at 11:34, yorkleyblue said:

I saw on Teletext that the club has appealed the red card.  Rightly so, in my opinion.  As I saw it, JT slipped, but never actually touched the attacker, who jumped and fell anticipating a collision.  In my mind, it was not even a foul, let alone a card of any colour.  For it to be a foul, there must be intent, or reckless disregard.  Slipping over because you try to turn too quickly doesn't encompass either of those situations.

Finally, the main thing that convinces me of my position is that the w**kers on FACup MOTD all said "yep, bad foul, last man, deserves it for just being JT, had to go, should also have been a penalty anyway, CFC should forfeit the match, weren't plucky little Posh unlucky?".   

Are you back in 1980 YB?!

Those were the days, following football results on Ceefax & Oracle and waiting for the page to refresh! 

yorkleyblue, Backbiter and stevo like this

12 hours ago, stevo said:

It's an insult for them to ask someone like JT to join their two bob organisation. He's way too good for them.

You talking about Bournemouth? That's a bit harsh - decent club with ambitions trying to build something. And unfortunately, as much as a legend JT is at CFC, his days of being "too good" for smaller clubs are over.

Bobbywoodhogan likes this

They were having a right go at him on talksport yesterday, for having "the ego" to stay at Chelsea for another season instead of calling an end to his time like Lampard or Gerrard. Then of course they went on about the CL win and him in  his kit again, forgetting like everyone else that several other players who didn't play were in their kits as well, plus the fact that it is completely irrelevant and who the f**k cares.

stevo and WeatherMan like this

1 hour ago, Zeta said:

They were having a right go at him on talksport yesterday, for having "the ego" to stay at Chelsea for another season instead of calling an end to his time like Lampard or Gerrard. Then of course they went on about the CL win and him in  his kit again, forgetting like everyone else that several other players who didn't play were in their kits as well, plus the fact that it is completely irrelevant and who the f**k cares.

Those c**ts on that station just say anything to get people to phone in. They stir up people's emotions on purpose. They need people to call in and listen etc. All they do is w**k over the northern clubs and those mugs from N17. f**king boring to listen too. It's the same material over and over again. Once the fifteen minute adverts are over all they talk about is how pissed they got over the weekend/night before and how great the Manchester clubs are. 

luckywerthers likes this

2 hours ago, Nibs said:

You talking about Bournemouth? That's a bit harsh - decent club with ambitions trying to build something. And unfortunately, as much as a legend JT is at CFC, his days of being "too good" for smaller clubs are over.

They will disappear back into obscurity in a few years time. John Terry has always stated that he will end his days at Chelsea. I believe him when he stated that. Either way he could do a lot better than Bournemouth if he decided to continue. 

5 hours ago, Zeta said:

I was listening. I turned it off in the end. It was that w**ker Adrian Durham again. If Terry wants to finish his Premier League career with the team he has loved all his career then let him. Terry should be praised for what he has done, not criticised. He took a big wage cut and has shown a great amount of loyalty to the club. It's not often you see this from any footballer these days.

He said Terry shouldn't lift the trophy if we end up winning the Premier League, it should be the player who has captained the team for most of the season. First off, who f**king cares ? it's not something i really give a damn about. Secondly, why shouldn't he lift the trophy ? It could be his final season with us, a player who has helped this club win more trophies than any other. If he wants to lift the Premier League trophy then you won't see a single Chelsea fan complain. Terry would likely share that moment with Cahill anyway, he's done it in the past with Lampard when we have won things.

It really is a fuss about nothing and it's just fans of other clubs letting their personal dislike of Terry get in the way as usual. Every time someone complains about Terry doing what he did in the Champions League final, i just ask those people why they don't have a problem with other players doing it. It more often than not shuts them up.

There was something funny that happened on TalkSport though. They had a Tottenham fan phone in and say Terry was a poor man's Ledley King............:laugh2:

bluevale2 and WeatherMan like this

15 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

There was something funny that happened on TalkSport though. They had a Tottenham fan phone in and say Terry was a poor man's Ledley King............:laugh2:

My housemate is a Spurs fan and reckons Ledley King was the be all and end all. Like, shut up you melt what did he win? Glass Knees Award

He conveniently goes deaf when I mention JT and his achievements 

stevo and Scott Harris like this

They revere Ledley King at Spuds. Yes, he was a very good defender whose career was wrecked by knee injuries, but they seem to have a blindspot:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/englands-ledley-king-arrested-over-assault-1682413.html

JT is, in their eyes, a crap player because of who he plays for, because they don't like him, and because of the Rio F case. And yet they seem to thing King is a saint.

And of course, Spuds fans invented the first JT racism controversy after Poll mysteriously sent him off. There was nothing in it whatsoever, but barely a week goes by with it being dragged up.  If you're unaware of the false rumour, it's got so far that the fabricated words that JT never said noone on the pitch ever even claimed to have heard are searchable on google. (Type in Terry Ledley King lippy). I've even read references to the made-up story on the Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8853809/Matthew-Norman-one-can-only-marvel-at-just-how-wronged-John-Terry-has-been.html

To his credit, King has come out and said it never happened, but that has never stopped the Spuds fans repeated the lies at every opportunity:

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ledley-king-one-one

What did John Terry say to you that got him sent off in the match at White Hart Lane in 2006?
Jack McInroy - via Twitter
I honestly don’t know what happened. Me and JT were jostling in the box; I was defending a corner, he was trying to score. He ended up dragging me to the ground and he got up. I honestly can’t remember what he said. I remember coming off the pitch and people saying it was something racist, but I didn’t hear anything at the time so could never point the finger.

I’m still not actually sure what he was sent off for. I think he barged into Benoit Assou-Ekotto on the way back to his own end, and a couple of the other black French-speaking players – Pascal Chimbonda and Didier Zokora – went to defend their friend. Maybe some people jumped to conclusions because of that, but those players didn’t hear anything either.

It was only after the game that we were reading messages [suggesting it may have been racist], and we were surprised by that.

It didn’t affect my relationship with John. We played when we were young, but we were never best buddies – we never spoke to each other off the pitch when we were younger, we just played in the same team. Obviously we’ve got a lot of respect for each other, and we’ve played for England together, but just because you play with somebody, that doesn’t mean you speak off the pitch.

8 minutes ago, IliyaKrostin said:

I won't find many players or captains that would say that. He's absolutely legend.

"I genuinely mean when I say it, but for me I am honestly hoping I don’t play this season which means they keep winning.

I'm not doubting you, but when did he say that and where(source)?