Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

ForeverCarefree

The John Terry Appreciation Thread

2,185 posts in this topic

I'm missing him so much! It's going to take a very long time until we will find our Academy prospect that will reach his level.

8 minutes ago, Charles Ryder said:

A high horse has been mounted...

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-british-transport-police-10569276

Besides, I think Desailly has said it that he knows Terry and doesn't think JT's a racist. I don't see a reason why Desailly would say so if it wasn't his honest opinion. Terry took his place in the squad, so it seems he has respect for Terry after all these years.

---

Not relevant to Terry, but Imagine if Chelsea had done this?

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/aston_villa/83064/retro-snapshot-darkie-aston-villas-casually-racist-1950s-mascot.html

11 hours ago, startedwithglenn said:

A bad start for Villa and JT will be player-manager before Xmas. All the ingredients are there, volatile league, highly ambitious high profile senior player determined to be a manager, a seemingly nutjob of a chairman who would probably jump at the chance of having someone so high profile as manager......

I just don't see JT as a manager, i think fans think romantically more than logically when they call him a potential future manager. All the interviews i have seen from him and all the times he talks about football i have never felt he could be a manager one day, he's a bit Ray Wilkins like one track minded in his thoughts for me (the Robbie Savage rant as funny as it was was a serious red flag for me). Lampard is the one who has the potential to be a top class manager.

12 minutes ago, Argo said:

I just don't see JT as a manager, i think fans think romantically more than logically when they call him a potential future manager. All the interviews i have seen from him and all the times he talks about football i have never felt he could be a manager one day, he's a bit Ray Wilkins like one track minded in his thoughts for me (the Robbie Savage rant as funny as it was was a serious red flag for me). Lampard is the one who has the potential to be a top class manager.

He will 100% be a manager, will he be a successful one is the question.

He's been making notes on training sessions since he was like 25.

I think you are doing him a massive disservice, he has a fantastic footballing brain as evidenced by his positional play at both ends of the pitch.

Scott Harris and dkw like this

10 minutes ago, startedwithglenn said:

He will 100% be a manager, will he be a successful one is the question.

He's been making notes on training sessions since he was like 25.

I think you are doing him a massive disservice, he has a fantastic footballing brain as evidenced by his positional play at both ends of the pitch.

It's one thing doing it on the pitch and doing it management. Im sure the likes of Iain Dowie and John Carver weren't twiddling their thumbs in their 20's but that hasn't helped them.

I'd love nothing more than to be proved wrong, but i just don't get the manager vibe with JT.

On 7/3/2017 at 18:37, Valerie said:

A double negative a positive not maketh.

yeah, right...