The John Terry Appreciation Thread

ForeverCarefree
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

• 2 months later...

2 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Bring him home! I’m sure the last season would have played out differently with JT about. 

I doubt it.

Not that im doubting his influence, but lets not forget he was in our 15/16 squad.

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

The former England centre-back rejected a move to Spartak Moscow this week, citing family reasons.

"If he wants to help us, I'm very, very happy," Sarri said.

Terry made more than 700 appearances for Chelsea, winning five Premier League titles, five FA Cups and the 2012 Champions League.

He played 36 times last season for Villa, who were beaten in the Championship play-off final by Fulham.

"The last time I spoke with him he told me that he wants to play for another season," added Sarri, who took charge of the Blues in the summer.

"Chelsea is his home, of course.

"For sure, he will be a point of reference for me, for everybody here [if he returns].

"It's up to him. If he wants to play for another season, I think it's right he tries to play."

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Following Steve Bruce's sacking he's also been linked with the Aston Villa job as his first management role. 

Now that would be interesting though not sure he would take it.

The other factor around the job if I recall correctly was Bruce was not given funds to strengthen. 

5 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Rumours in the last week that JT could be in line to take over the Chelsea under 23s team.

Following Steve Bruce's sacking he's also been linked with the Aston Villa job as his first management role. 

Villa v Derby games will be very conflicting for us Chelsea fans ha ha....