Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dkw

Mods, do you think it might be a good idea to close forum sign up for a few days, just to stop the inevitable infestation should we lose, which we obviously won't. I'm sure it would make your job a hell of a lot easier too.

Some people (as in Chelsea fans) sign up in the wake of big games as well though, I can't think of any other examples of this but I joined not long after Moscow because I needed somewhere to vent my annoyance.

I think it would be best to restrict new members to a set number of posts and have them moderated before they appear until they've been here a few days. Trolls won't have the patience for it.

That was/is set up anyway

Na, never been done before! We're not wimps afraid of a few scummy trolls!

It has been done quite a bit over the years, all behind the curtain. Mainly, just to give everyone a quiet time.

That was/is set up anyway

It has been done quite a bit over the years, all behind the curtain. Mainly, just to give everyone a quiet time.

Oh!   Sneaky!

We have a mechanism in place that picks up the vast majority of trolls before anyone else sees them.  It works 90% of the time.  The only reason we fail 10% of the time is because Bluebeard is busy on those occasions and can't apply his unique blend of fingernail and armpit hair removal techniques.