Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Heisenberg

Charly Musonda jr.

So happy to see that assist today.  I really though this might have been his season to get quite a few sub appearances in. But Contes playing a 3 man midfield more this season has sadly limited the chances for him.

Either a good loan spell in the prem, or one of pedro / willian moving on at the end of the season (not that I want either to leave) and the manager trusting in him to fill the void.

Either way hes at the age where he needs to be getting regular starts for another team. Or regular minutes for us

Will probably head out on another loan, but he is one of the very few academy guys i think will get a chance here.

I know chelseayouth on twitter overhypes them to f**k, but Musonda seems a genuine talent. 

To be fair to chelseayouth he pays far more attention to the youth players than most so he is more informed than the casual observers who criticise him.

I'd imagine it would be very frustrating to watch these guys dominate at youth level and then see other less talented players get more chances at other clubs.

I was really encouraged by how much Charly wanted the ball, it was the type of performance that said I want more minutes. The trick for Conte is now to reward that with another opportunity off the bench on Wednesday rather than calling on Pedro who let us down by getting sent off in his last appearance. 

Never been the biggest fan of pedro, has come up with some big goals spurs and everton spring to mind and has more of a instinct for goals then willian but never seems in complete control, often over runs the ball and never looks up. Lets say that the ball from Willian in to hazard yesterday for the 3rd goal, Pedro doesn't play (hope i'm thinking of the correct instance) Pedro probably provides more expirence defensively and that's where Charly will struggle at such a young age, but I would have Hazard and willian as are starting two behind Morata with a center mid combo of knate plus another, meaning we now have Drinkwater/Baka/Fabregas/Barkley competing for one spot... Charly would be my first choice of the bench for either Hazard or Willian unless we change the shape. 

To be fair to musonda, this was his 1st prem appearance where he hasn't been thrown on in desperation, and it showed with how much more relaxed he was. 

I think he has tried to hard to be the hero at times, but it was nice to see him just enjoying getting on the ball. 

The acid test will be how he does starting as part of a strong 11 in the prem. 

Strider6003 and benjsross like this

7 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

To be fair to chelseayouth he pays far more attention to the youth players than most so he is more informed than the casual observers who criticise him.

I'd imagine it would be very frustrating to watch these guys dominate at youth level and then see other less talented players get more chances at other clubs.

I was really encouraged by how much Charly wanted the ball, it was the type of performance that said I want more minutes. The trick for Conte is now to reward that with another opportunity off the bench on Wednesday rather than calling on Pedro who let us down by getting sent off in his last appearance. 

Am I mad to want him to play in checkatrade trophy instead? I really fancy a day out at Wembley for the under 23s...

Spiller86 likes this