Koke linked with Chelsea switch

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Starting to spot a recurring theme with Praz's posts....

Realistically though, when have we ever sold 10 players to buy 1? The majority of the players on loan will stay on loan. There's a couple like kakuta and drogba that are out of contract. Maybe we will find a buyer for Moses.

I don't think we will get more than 10m from selling the 'outcasts' in the summer. Certainly not even enough for half a pogba.

That's not to say we can't afford him, just that selling random loanees won't have much impact on what we do in the summer.

I'd like to see Koke with us. He could work in a three-man midfield with Fabregas and Matic, then have Hazard and Cuadrado / Willian / Bale / A N Other on the wings.

A return to 4-3-3.

Edited by Huttsey

• 2 weeks later...

Spanish paper AS has linked us with Koke again today. 

€60m release clause apparently (something like £50m). 

We could apparently be looking to include Luis as part of any potential deal but I don't know how open to taking him back they would be and I reckon we would be lucky to get half of the £16m we paid for him back. 

I imagine it would be next to Matic.

Courtois

Dave

Terry

Cahill

Ivan

Matic

Koke

Hazard

Fabregas

SOMEONE GOOD

Costa

Then those 2 and Oscar would rotate for those 2 positions.

Edited by Zeta Orionis

According to WhoScored.com he's made 21 of his 36 appearances this season playing on the left of a 4 man midfield and a further five in a more attacking role, more or less where Hazard plays.

Basically he predominantly plays on the left, which is where our best player plays.  

So are we going to spend £40m on someone only to play them away from their best position? 

According to WhoScored.com he's made 21 of his 36 appearances this season playing on the left of a 4 man midfield and a further five in a more attacking role, more or less where Hazard plays.

Basically he predominantly plays on the left, which is where our best player plays.  

So are we going to spend £40m on someone only to play them away from their best position? 

He doesn't play the same role as Hazard though, he's a creator and a linkup player (albeit with great defensive discipline) as opposed to someone who will try and beat his man.

Ordinarily I wouldn't want to rock the boat but Koke is one of the very few players I would actually be willing to sacrifice Oscar's starting spot for.

Imagine this front six though, sexy football or what:

-----------Fabregas-----Matic

-----Koke---------Oscar--------Hazard

---------------------Costa

He doesn't play the same role as Hazard though, he's a creator and a linkup player (albeit with great defensive discipline) as opposed to someone who will try and beat his man.

I wasn't suggesting they play the same role but they typically occupy the same side/area of the pitch.

So buy Koke and expecting/hoping he'll emulate his Atletico form playing on the opposite side of the pitch seems a pretty big gamble for a player who would cost so much.

I wasn't suggesting they play the same role but they typically occupy the same side/area of the pitch.

So buy Koke and expecting/hoping he'll emulate his Atletico form playing on the opposite side of the pitch seems a pretty big gamble for a player who would cost so much.

The only reason they do this is because Koke is their best option in THAT position. He can pretty much play anywere and from what Ive seen he is much better centrally

The only reason they do this is because Koke is their best option in THAT position. He can pretty much play anywere and from what Ive seen he is much better centrally

Just seems like we've got a habit of buying attacking midfielders under Jose and then playing "out of position", away from where they are most effective. 

Schurrle was best on the left, cutting in on his right to shoot from range but rarely got to play there. Willian was (I think) playing in the #10 role for Shaktar and we've put him on the right. Salah was mainly on the left for Basle and we played him on the right. Mata was best in the middle and we played him on the right.