Welcome Loic Remy

Bobbywoodhogan
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Bit disappointed we never got Destro if I'm honest, I think he would have been a terrific fit but happy enough with what we have!

Maybe if Drogs retires next year we'll get Destro in that would be hell of a front 3 next year.

Much more confident going in to this season! What a difference there is to our forward line, throw in Luis & Fabregas and we're looking very tasty indeed!

COYB!!

Great signing! Obviously not going to be first choice but he'll take a lot of weight off of Costa's shoulders. An option on the bench and can see him starting games if Costa's looking a bit fatigued. 

It's great to see formidable striking options. 

Perhaps they decided to cancel it and go for Balotelli

I reckon this is what happened, and they just used some excuse to get out of signing him.

Their loss is our gain anyway, he will be a great backup to Costa. Certainly not as worried if Costa gets injured or suspended now that's for sure.

Is this now a better strikeforce than Drogba, Anelka and Kalou?

I'd say yes.

Not for me, I'd take drogba over costa, anelka over remy, and kalou over a 36 year old drogba. But it's certainly close, and I think our current 3 is strong enough to win the league.

Perhaps they decided to cancel it and go for Balotelli

He refused to call them the biggest club in the world with the greatest fans.

Anyway, good signing. I'm very happy with our business this window. A new left-back, a new creative midfielder and a much improved strikeforce.

Loved that he said this "When I heard Chelsea wanted to sign me I said "let's go" straight away because they are one of the best clubs in the world. I remember the amazing atmosphere at Stamford Bridge when I played there for Marseille and I can't wait to play for the first time in front of my new fans.'"

Also good to read he's eligible fir all competitions so he can start in the league cup for sure

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

Is this now a better strikeforce than Drogba, Anelka and Kalou?

I'd say yes.

Depends on the season, really. 

But never mind. Remy makes for a good second option and I'm glad we got him. Quick, instinctive, good movement and decent strength and finishing. His link-up play is also a touch better than Ba's was (though Ba was the better goal poacher). 

The only concerns I have is that his injury record has been a little suspect in the past (I suppose his heart condition may play a role in that?) and that he tends to be a bit inconsistent. It hasn't been unusual to see him score a bundle and then go on a lengthy 'dry run' - but then he hasn't had service like this previously. 

It will be interesting to see how Mou uses him - as a direct replacement when Costa's not available? Alongside Costa when chasing games to provide a second striking option? Maybe as a wing forward in the dying moments of games if Hazard/Schurrle aren't available for some reason (he is quick enough to rip through tiring defences)? It will be interesting to see.