Tottenham vs. Brighton and Hove Albion

Stoke City vs. Southampton

Bournemouth vs. West Brom

Shrewsbury Town vs. Chelsea

Liverpool vs. Swansea City

MK Dons vs. Sheffield United

Manchester City vs. Newcastle United

Fulham vs. Derby County

I have to say, barring any slip ups we really should be making the final? I know its a competition for squad and fringe players mostly.

As it goes on however, I'd like to see the team become stronger. Its not a priority cup at all, but still nice to win. It would strengthen the correct mentality for the closing chapter of the season.

Edited by Zola

Shrews are looking into trying to temporarily increase the capacity of the Meadow for the Chelsea game.  The corners are empty at the moment and I remember when it was built being told that they could build extra there if it was ever required - I didn't realise they might be able to do it on a temporary basis though.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/shrewsbury-town-fc/2014/09/26/town-may-raise-their-capacity-for-chelsea-clash/

And my husband was sent this by email yesterday.  They're obviously trying to take full advantage of the interest in the match by getting people to buy season tickets to guarantee a ticket to Chelsea.

post-1143-0-22847200-1411735565_thumb.jpg

Shrews are looking into trying to temporarily increase the capacity of the Meadow for the Chelsea game.  The corners are empty at the moment and I remember when it was built being told that they could build extra there if it was ever required - I didn't realise they might be able to do it on a temporary basis though.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/shrewsbury-town-fc/2014/09/26/town-may-raise-their-capacity-for-chelsea-clash/

And my husband was sent this by email yesterday.  They're obviously trying to take full advantage of the interest in the match by getting people to buy season tickets to guarantee a ticket to Chelsea.

I clicked on that link BQ, is that a typo it says "Salop taking on etc". I don't want to rag on your town BQ but i worked with this bloke in the 80's who lived in Shrewsbury for a while and he said it was so boring he joined a chess club!.

I clicked on that link BQ, is that a typo it says "Salop taking on etc". I don't want to rag on your town BQ but i worked with this bloke in the 80's who lived in Shrewsbury for a while and he said it was so boring he joined a chess club!.

That's odd when I click on it it goes to a story saying Town May Raise their Capacity for Chelsea Clash. 

It's not boring if you know the right people!!  Admittedly it's not the liveliest of places (especially for young people) but I like it - Birmingham, Manchester and Liverpool are all within driving distance so you can go to gigs, etc easily.  Public transport is pants and the people are a bit narrow-minded though.  I guess nowhere's perfect.

And I don't belong to a chess club, nor know anyone who does!

Chief executive Matt Williams has revealed all four corners of the stadium could be filled in to accommodate the thousands of fans who want to see Salop take on Jose Mourinho’s side in the last 16 on October 28.

That's the important part of that sentence though.  How long would planning permission and the actual erection of it take though?  There's only just over 4 weeks until the match.

I just reread your post and realised I hadn't understood what you meant - I thought  you meant it took you to the wrong story, but you were querying whether Salop was a typo weren't you.  Although Salop is more usually used for an abbreviation for Shropshire, it is actually also used for Shrewsbury as well round here - so Shrewsbury Town is referred to as Salop (pronounced Sollop) as well as the Shrews.

And don't pronounce it Shrowsbury either.  Only posh locals and outsiders call it that - call is Shrewsbury like the animal.

I just reread your post and realised I hadn't understood what you meant - I thought  you meant it took you to the wrong story, but you were querying whether Salop was a typo weren't you.  Although Salop is more usually used for an abbreviation for Shropshire, it is actually also used for Shrewsbury as well round here - so Shrewsbury Town is referred to as Salop (pronounced Sollop) as well as the Shrews.

And don't pronounce it Shrowsbury either.  Only posh locals and outsiders call it that - call is Shrewsbury like the animal.

Shrowsbury it is then

So it's true then.

Here for the Chelsea.

You're only here for the Chelsea.

Here for the Chelssseeaaa.

You're only here for the Chelsea.

Tonight I watched The Taming Of The Shrow with RIchard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor.

(It's ok, I've already fetched my coat.........................)