Zeta

The Nathan Ake Thread

13 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Everyone else argues in circles and doesn't know what they're talking about. You're so much more qualified to discuss this stuff it's a wonder you aren't a manager or club admin

Well no buddy dude bro I'm commenting on why the club does what they do, I'm justifying decisions made by qualified people and giving the reasons why they do it rather than telling them how they should be doing their jobs and restructuring the youth system from America dawg, so you tell me who is punching above their station.

2 hours ago, Argo said:

Out of interest where do you think Bertrand would play in Conte's system? As he would never work at wingback and Alonso is 100x more suited to the position never mind Sandro. The only place he might work would be LCB but a we already have one inverted full back in the back 3 so 2 would probably be pushing it.

Definitely as a WB. Dont see how Alonso is 100x more suited. He had a great season but how many of us gave him a shot in hell before the start of the season. I think bertrand would have been a pretty good LWB

We have not bought Sandro (and personally think this has Stones saga written all over it) so lets not go there. 

2 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

You're american aren't you? 

Wrong Again. No I am not. I am Indian. So tell me how that impact any thing?

And you have not done anything "clever" or do it to "show off". The least you can be in honest with yourself. 

You do admit you are wrong? Like you admitted that the elite clubs do promote youth? 

2 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

Well no buddy dude bro I'm commenting on why the club does what they do, I'm justifying decisions made by qualified people and giving the reasons why they do it rather than telling them how they should be doing their jobs and restructuring the youth system from America dawg, so you tell me who is punching above their station.

Is the class system and 'stations' so ingrained in English society you can't help yourself even on a internet message board? It's 2017, the landed elite have given up on it, so should you.

I'll stop engaging because no matter how many degrees or licenses I have for coaching or educating kids I'm not from London so I can't be right. You're still sore about us dumping your tea in that harbor and that's understandable. I know how cranky you guys get about wasting tea

Edited by TheChelseaBlues

58 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Definitely as a WB. Dont see how Alonso is 100x more suited. He had a great season but how many of us gave him a shot in hell before the start of the season. I think bertrand would have been a pretty good LWB

We have not bought Sandro (and personally think this has Stones saga written all over it) so lets not go there. 

He's more suited as a wingback because the key component's to be one are what you offer in the game construction. Alonso passes well, is patient, creates his fair share, links up well with Hazard and has good end product. We are basing our defensive solidarity down the middle so our wingback's need to offer a lot in the attack more so than being class defensively, Alonso does, Bertrand doesn't. If the question is who is better for leftback then its a different question but between the pair as a wingback? Alonso all day, every day.

@Argo Not sure I agree there.

Against 3 top sides last season we struggled at left back, Alonso was roasted by pacy wingers opening up our defence. I don't see Ake offering us any more in that way.

Why is this important, 3 sides make 9 points and with two legs potentially 18 points.

This is why I am fully behind Conte wanting Sandro.

In the EPL if you want to win you have to eliminate weaknesses and they all know about Alonso's lack of pace now.

I agree Ake could play LCB yet with Azpi and them both being on the shorter side for CBs I agree with the sale.

Re selling the youth players I see this slightly differently. Yes we pay the costs of training them and then get money for loans or if we sell them. We get something else back and that is cover in case our first choice and 2nd choice players get injured and we need cover.

It's been said before and something I agree with that top managers brought in to win top matches cannot afford to bed-in youngsters, they may get one or two chances in the early rounds of the cups, they make the most of it and if lady luck smiles they might get elevated to the first XI. It's hard yet that is how it is.

However if the money runs out and we go back to the 80-90s dodging relegation then the talented youth might get a chance like when I was a supporter:

David Lee, Bobby (Graham) Stuart, Eddie Newton, Damien Matthew, Jody Morris and Andy Myers.

Bobby Stuart was the only that played top level for a decent period at another club - Everton.

Edited by Strider6003

51 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Is the class system and 'stations' so ingrained in English society you can't help yourself even on a internet message board? It's 2017, the landed elite have given up on it, so should you.

I'll stop engaging because no matter how many degrees or licenses I have for coaching or educating kids I'm not from London so I can't be right. You're still sore about us dumping your tea in that harbor and that's understandable. I know how cranky you guys get about wasting tea

It was about the fact I'm trying to give reasoning for why the club have a policy you two telling us how it should be run is punxhing above your station more than being American but again insecurities....tea, really? If I was on an egg ball forum and you had grown up round egg ball players in the youth system and was explaining what you had seen and discussed first hand and me from England slating you lot telling you how your egg ball academy should be run based on what I thought was better I would get stated to f**k you lot get it very easy on here we are extremely welcoming to our American friends even smart arse ones like you. 

1 hour ago, didierforever said:

Wrong Again. No I am not. I am Indian. So tell me how that impact any thing?

And you have not done anything "clever" or do it to "show off". The least you can be in honest with yourself. 

You do admit you are wrong? Like you admitted that the elite clubs do promote youth? 

Explains a lot...and no you cheeky prat I'm not wrong my opinion is in keeping with what the club does so if I'm wrong Chelsea is wrong, because I'm just explaining why I believe our policy is like this, but tell me how I could tell you weren't from here although you speak perfect English? The way you think about football isn't from someone who has grown up with it yet you're a smart arse based on what you read online and your over compensating with youth to seem more authentic is a dead give away. Chelsea don't play youth in the first team because the league is too competitive and managers won't risk results, fat better to put them on loan that's why we do it, now the super league may be different but this is the story of an elite PL club and a gentleman from India telling a whole youth system with hundreds of staff over the years from Chelsea and our extended network contributing how it should be done is a joke and that's what you are a joke who take selfies himself seriously.

Edited by DonAntonio

54 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

What a very strange thing to say on a football forum. I can't speak for everyone else but I really couldn't give a flying f*ck about the tea in the Boston harbour some 240 odd years ago. Strangely Americans think this bothers the English. I know this from experience. 

6 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

Explains a lot...and no you cheeky prat I'm not wrong my opinion is in keeping with what the club does so if I'm wrong Chelsea is wrong, because I'm just explaining why I believe our policy is like this, but tell me how I could tell you weren't from here although you speak perfect English? The way you think about football isn't from someone who has grown up with it yet you're a smart arse based on what you read online and your over compensating with youth to seem more authentic is a dead give away. Chelsea don't play youth in the first team because the league is too competitive and managers won't risk results, fat better to put them on loan that's why we do it, now the super league may be different but this is the story of an elite PL club and a gentleman from India telling a whole youth system with hundreds of employees contributing how it should be done is a joke and that's what you are a joke who take selfies himself seriously.

Whats with you and calling others "cheeky" or "macho". Seems you are compensating for something in the real life? People bullying you in real life, so you gotta be an internet warrior, right?

And here we go. Again with the usual drivel of "I am from the place so I know better". You would have fit right in there alongside Hitler if you were born about 80 years ago. 

So since, I am not from London, i cant have an opinion. So list me all your accomplishments. I have had enough of you and your self righteous arrogant, prickish way. What have you done in football and what makes you an expert? This is a forum, where people can express their OPINIONS, do you get and understand THAT? Or is that concept too liberal for you?

Just because hundreds of employees do something, does not mean it is right. If that was the case, we would not be buying Lukaku back Do you understand THAT.

1 minute ago, Osgood is Good said:

What a very strange thing to say on a football forum. I can't speak for everyone else but I really couldn't give a flying f*ck about the tea in the Boston harbour some 240 odd years ago. Strangely Americans think this bothers the English. I know this from experience. 

This twat doesn't get that if you read about football from America or if you grow up round it you hear things and see things first hand and instead of having a bit of respect for that experience being an obnoxious arrogant loud mouth prat seems more appropriate, I wasn't insulting Americans I speak to plenty of Americans on here and they are top blokes, but when you're from a different world a bit of humility doesn't hurt, like is I was an egg ball fan I'd want to learn from guys who grew up seeing young players and heard their experiences I wouldn't want to smart arse them from England and tell them how it should work, welcoming foreign fans is one thing the etiquette of those guests is another. 

4 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Whats with you and calling others "cheeky" or "macho". Seems you are compensating for something in the real life? People bullying you in real life, so you gotta be an internet warrior, right?

And here we go. Again with the usual drivel of "I am from the place so I know better". You would have fit right in there alongside Hitler if you were born about 80 years ago. 

So since, I am not from London, i cant have an opinion. So list me all your accomplishments. I have had enough of you and your self righteous arrogant, prickish way. What have you done in football and what makes you an expert? This is a forum, where people can express their OPINIONS, do you get and understand THAT? Or is that concept too liberal for you?

Just because hundreds of employees do something, does not mean it is right. If that was the case, we would not be buying Lukaku back Do you understand THAT.

Do I look like I get fuxking bullied you prat, and no I'm calling you cheeky because you are cheeky, sure you can have an opinion but when your from India arguing with someone who grew up in west London having interacted with people involved directly in the system and that opinion is I keeping with what the club do and you are giving us your authority on the matter from India in such a smart arse way that's not an opinion that's an arrogant arsehole, to try and end, the club is not going to change policy for the youth to get blooded in with PL game time, loan is to gain experience if good enough they will play like I think Andreas will, so no matter how authentic you want to sound by demanding club policy change so when you tune in from India it's more pleasing to you, the club work this way because in this climate that's the only way to work, if they want to get youth developing closer to home all we can do is indecisive a B team like in Spain, not going to change, I know you have learned far more online than everyone involved in our youth system and extended network but no one isn't listening pal so let's move on.

Edited by DonAntonio

2 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

Do I look like I get fuxking bullied you prat, and no I'm calling you cheeky because you are cheeky, sure you can have an opinion but when your from India arguing with someone who grew up in west London having interacted with people involved directly in the system and that opinion is I keeping with what the club do and you are giving us your authority on the matter from India in such a smart arse way that's not an opinion that's an arrogant arsehole 

See the over-compensation comes to the fore AGAIN. By god, you truly are an internet warrior. People do say men with lots of muscles are compensating for somethings and now I understand when they say that.

So your qualification over me is 1.You grew up in London, 2. You interacted with some people.

Lol. Do put those in your resume when applying for a job, because your footballing knowledge aint going to get you much further.

5 minutes ago, didierforever said:

See the over-compensation comes to the fore AGAIN. By god, you truly are an internet warrior. People do say men with lots of muscles are compensating for somethings and now I understand when they say that.

So your qualification over me is 1.You grew up in London, 2. You interacted with some people.

Lol. Do put those in your resume when applying for a job, because your footballing knowledge aint going to get you much further.

Yea mate I'm sure you're hard as nails those notorious brawlers from new deli, I'm I supposed to fly off the handle and tell you how hard I am? Not intrested pal I know who and what I am. You've descended into just being an arrogant little prick I can only imagine the state of you, and no need to assess my qualifications I'm merely describing what the club do and they are more than qualified now f**k off and watch the super league then you can be truly authentic no need to keep telling us about our youth players 

15 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

welcoming foreign fans is one thing the etiquette of those guests is another. 

@coco

I guess you are a mod. 

So can you specify if this forum is for "English fans" only and the rest of the world is "foreign fans" and more like "guests". Just wanted a mods opinion

1 minute ago, DonAntonio said:

Yea mate I'm sure you're hard as nails those notorious brawlers from new deli, I'm I supposed to fly off the handle and tell you how hard I am? Not intrested pal I know who and what I am. You've descended into just being an arrogant little prick I can only imagine the state of you, and no need to assess my qualifications I'm merely describing what the club do and they are more than qualified now f**k off and watch the super league then you can be truly authentic no need to keep telling us about our youth players 

And who the f**k are you to stop me from writing my opinion you arrogant nazi prick. 

I will write what I want and when I want, dont need the permission of a retard living in a world gone by. Chelsea is a global brand now. Deal with it. There are 1000s of fans here who have 100 times the knowledge and know how of the game than yours. So take your racist comments and f**k off

11 minutes ago, didierforever said:

@coco

I guess you are a mod. 

So can you specify if this forum is for "English fans" only and the rest of the world is "foreign fans" and more like "guests". Just wanted a mods opinion

I was speaking about Chelsea supporters in general I'm no authority on the forum nice attempt at snitching though, when it doesn't work out for people like you pull the race card in one way shape or form, I've tried to end the convo a million times you can tell all the tales you want the convo is there, again I'd like to end this so everyone else doesn't have to read this bollox.

edit* told you the race card would come out, I was just referring to the is this an English forum one, btw I've got almost no English blood my mum is Scottish, touch of Irish and English, and my old man is Turkish hardly a nazi you twonk, what a weasel move trying to spin it that way and tag a mod showing your true colours you low life 

Edited by DonAntonio

3 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

I was speaking about Chelsea supporters in general I'm no authority on the forum nice attempt at snitching though, when it doesn't work out for people like you pull the race card in one way shape or form, I've tried to end the convo a million times you can tell all the tales you want the convo is there, again I'd like to end this so everyone else doesn't have to read this bollox.

edit* told you the race card would come out, I was just referring to the is this an English forum one, btw I've got almost no English blood my mum is Scottish, touch of Irish and English, and my old man is Turkish hardly a nazi you twonk 

Snitching? Need to understand the definition of it. This is a public forum where everyone can read everything. Ahhh. no bother... I see Common Sense is not that Common for you.

The race card has come out cause you are using it to somehow gain brownie points in a conversation where 

1. You claim that all youth products that made through in elite clubs were world class : WRONG

2. No youth products have come through in an elite club in the last decade : Wrong

3. We should simply accept the way the club is run because they know better. Yet they make massive mistakes: buying lukaku back. So wrong again.

Not to forget the miscontrued facts and figures to the posts.

Also, if you want to end the convo, then end it you twat. No need to reply and yet keep saying "i want to end it". 

2 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Snitching? Need to understand the definition of it. This is a public forum where everyone can read everything. Ahhh. no bother... I see Common Sense is not that Common for you.

The race card has come out cause you are using it to somehow gain brownie points in a conversation where 

1. You claim that all youth products that made through in elite clubs were world class : WRONG

2. No youth products have come through in an elite club in the last decade : Wrong

3. We should simply accept the way the club is run because they know better. Yet they make massive mistakes: buying lukaku back. So wrong again.

Not to forget the miscontrued facts and figures to the posts.

Also, if you want to end the convo, then end it you twat. No need to reply and yet keep saying "i want to end it". 

Didn't say a single thing you quoted me saying you little weasel anyway I'd rather not discuss it with you on here any more but you keep saying things that are hard to ignore, so next time you're at a home game message me and we will chat about it 

Edited by DonAntonio

1 minute ago, didierforever said:

LOL. short term memory loss? or just a long term Idiot

No I said the players you mentioned are world class weasel, I made general statements about the last decade youth not coming through like before and I said we should accept the club being run like this because it's practical. 

I think this is a great move for ake. I'm not so sure it is a great move for chelsea though.

I do think putting buy back clauses in to these type of players is absolutely essential. the way the market has gone, player valuation skyrockets from the age of 17 to 25 if they do well. never has there been a better time for us to have the best youth system in the country, but we have to use it cleverly. with fewer people taking up sky subscriptions it is hard to know if the market will continue to increase, but if it does we ought to be well placed to sidestep the madness of half decent players costing £50m plus. I think this is a new imperative for us to develop our own players, and I truly hope we start to become the beneficiaries of our academy one day.