What period was our mob at its peak

Soulboy
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

if my memory still serves me well wasn't Boxing Day 1974 when Chris Garland scored 2 ? Arsenal were at their peak at the time and it was rough there ,caught the tube from Sloane Square over towards Highbury ,no Chelsea visible on the train ,pulled into one station and the biggest Arsehole imaginable got on ,long leather coat ,Aviator sun-glasses (december 26th ! ) and leather GLOVES ,i was only and young un and on my own but couldn't help but laugh at him and he weren't happy ,across the carriage from me was a lad and his girlfriend and they were Chelsea as the lad was red in the face wanting to have a go but his missus was telling very quietly to bide his time ,next station 4/5 gooners got on went straight over to the other cnut and started making arrangements to go in the clock end with him later ,he pointed at me and said summat to the other lads who then got off at the next stop leaving matey on his own again ,we were still 4/5 stops from the Arse and the next station the Chelsea lad and his missus got up as we got into the station and  the Chelsea lad nutted the Gooner plumb on the nose and he went down like a sack of sh*t and just lay there until we got to the Arse ,i walked around to the Clock end on me own and went in to see little groups of gooners all over but no faces i recognised at all ,close to kick off a couple of rows went off and Arse far out numbered us , i was just stood minding my own business when i feel a kick on me leg ,look around and theres a couple of the lads from the tube giving me daggers but unbeknown to them or me a group of about 20 Chelsea was stood right next to where i was and this big f**ker says to me "you Chelsea ? "  "yep i says " ,"well you come and stand here with us and see if they wanna start again " ,needless to say not another word was said by the Arse and we walked out at full time completely left alone by the gooners 

One of the blokes was a Black Cab driver and he told me to jump in with him ,dropped me off at Victoria and even refused my offer of a few Quid (green notes in them days ! ) for his trouble ,his parting words were " Never let them Arsenal cnuts worry you Son ,they got no bottle " 

Edited by bollocks

Am sure this was the game when we had very few there, for whatever reason. Remember at half time, one of ours was 'bricking it' got out a black marker pen, and wrote AFC on the back of it, before shuffling off!. Needed people like him!.
Yet 4 months later at 'that game' at Spuds, we had a massive mob that could'nt get in!.

I was there and it was an embarassing turnout...I remember a giant of a Gooner just strolling thru the blues that were there with his red n white scarf held high...Chelsea were spread about and had no one to organise things...We were very limp and i remember one northern blue shouting out to our fans to group up and have a go...Sadly on this occasion most were scared stiff with no one to trust around them...Gladly, this was not an occurance that was often.......So ill remind everyone again of the good times at goonerland in the northbank.....Yep.........with our plimsoles and our plastic penknives

• 3 months later...

Does anyone remember Spurs away one year in the 80s and I think West Hams game was called off and a mob of them turned up and the old bill put them in a little pen behind the goal.Also remember Wednesday away and the train was rammed and we all go off at Chesterfield much to the old bills annoyance.

Those away days in the 80s were something else,the numbers were huge,it was like a Viking invasion every other Saturday.

Man City away when we took 8-10 thousand was one that I will never forget.

City away 88/89, we had support of over 10k, some said nearer 15k? Dorigo run 3/4 of the length of pitch on counter attack to slot the 3rd goal in, I think the kit was the red and white diamond one Richard, might have to dig it out loft to go running in, I always wished I had the red and white hooped one though

City away 88/89, we had support of over 10k, some said nearer 15k? Dorigo run 3/4 of the length of pitch on counter attack to slot the 3rd goal in, I think the kit was the red and white diamond one Richard, might have to dig it out loft to go running in, I always wished I had the red and white hooped one though

definitely hoop shirts!

On the same Day Man U were playing at home to Nottingham Forest in the Quarter Final of the Cup that would not happen now. 

I was in the open side Terrace by the Kippax in fact I spotted myself the next day celebrating Dorigo Goal

It was a rare thing, but live on the bbc on a Friday night, Nevin scored, wheeled away celebrating, but then told the fans to keep off the pitch, as they were wanting to invade in celebration

It was a rare thing, but live on the bbc on a Friday night, Nevin scored, wheeled away celebrating, but then told the fans to keep off the pitch, as they were wanting to invade in celebration

I remember it Kicking off out side the main stand about half hour before Kick off that Friday Night  

Read a book called the governors, all about the city firm back in the day, and they say that Friday night game, was the best mob any team ever bought to city, they said it was Chelsea lads everywhere, drinking in all their pubs, and there was nothing they could do about it, we just swamped the place with lads

Edited by chi blue

Read a book called the governors, all about the city firm back in the day, and they say that Friday night game, was the best mob any team ever bought to city, they said it was Chelsea lads everywhere, drinking in all their pubs, and there was nothing they could do about it, we just swamped the place with lads

It was a decent book I thought

Talking of city. Ive recently found out in deeper conversation , that the old boy ( 76) who lives 2 doors down from me, and i know to be a city fan, was once a Kippax chappie doing his bit for hooligans sake.....Its hard to imagine as the guy who ive had many a basic bet on our respective teams, and who totters down our road due to unfortunate health probs was a kicker for his club....He started going in the 50s so outranks me in longevity. My hat was doffed to him ..he was pals with my old aquaintance "THE LADY WITH THE BELL"..No doubt he ll take another fiver off of me soon when we both play

City was always interesting. Feel like they always had 2 mobs when we went down there. A firm made up of mainly whites from all over Manchester and another mainly black firm from Moss Side. Tottenham were a bit like that too but the whites and blacks got on a bit better

• 1 month later...

I'd say from 1967 to 1976, there was trouble every week, home and away, with mobs of over 2,000 on away games, street battles where over 500 on each side were the norm. The filth didn't have a clue, and were only organised in the early Eighties. in the mid '70's turning on the filth and giving them a kicking was common. All the Classic Battles were in this period, The White Heart Lane Massacre of 1967, The taking of the West Ham North Bank in 1971, The taking of the Kippax in 1971, The Battle of Brugge 1971 (still the biggest Football Riot in Europe ever, it was bigger than Hysell but as no one was murdered, it only made the press the next day, even thou there were questions in the House of Commons about it) The Battle of Stoke in 1972. Taking the Liverpool Kop in 1973, The Monday night battle of Charlton (that was the fight that stopped Millwall running with Chelsea and stated the hostility) And taking the CBL in 1976.

I'd say from 1967 to 1976, there was trouble every week, home and away, with mobs of over 2,000 on away games, street battles where over 500 on each side were the norm. The filth didn't have a clue, and were only organised in the early Eighties. in the mid '70's turning on the filth and giving them a kicking was common. All the Classic Battles were in this period, The White Heart Lane Massacre of 1967, The taking of the West Ham North Bank in 1971, The taking of the Kippax in 1971, The Battle of Brugge 1971 (still the biggest Football Riot in Europe ever, it was bigger than Hysell but as no one was murdered, it only made the press the next day, even thou there were questions in the House of Commons about it) The Battle of Stoke in 1972. Taking the Liverpool Kop in 1973, The Monday night battle of Charlton (that was the fight that stopped Millwall running with Chelsea and stated the hostility) And taking the CBL in 1976.

I thought the Kop had never been taken.