Thibaut Courtois

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

7 hours ago, TomCFC85 said:

I'm actually quite keen on Butland imo 
Step down perhaps but he's quality. 

7 hours ago, the special one said:

Wouldn't say no to Butland but I think we'd need to bring in another keeper of similar quality, maybe Trapp at PSG.

Donnaruma? 

Can't imagine a world where Real Madrid sign him. He's a downgrade on their current keeper. I also can't imagine a world where he leaves us for anyone other than real Madrid. We are his level. 

My fear is he goes to Liverpool. 

9 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

So many people underrating Courtois in here. If he leaves we'll realise how good he was.

He's not a match winning keeper in my eyes like a cech was, but is a very steady keeper, and we could miss him if we go for a more inconsistent model. Rather him stay, no chance going to dippers though, sh*t city, no track record of winning anything in 30 years, and a manager who although is likeable, again is a born loser when it comes to winning trophies.

4 minutes ago, chi blue said:

He's not a match winning keeper in my eyes like a cech was, but is a very steady keeper, and we could miss him if we go for a more inconsistent model. Rather him stay, no chance going to dippers though, sh*t city, no track record of winning anything in 30 years, and a manager who although is likeable, again is a born loser when it comes to winning trophies.

He's literally won us matches on his own. 

“Seems that Chelsea have NOT broken off talks with Thibaut Courtois, despite claims from Di Marzio. Both @sjstandardsport and @HLNinEngeland say there have been no fresh talks. General consensus is Courtois was close to signing a new deal but is opting to wait until after the WC.”

Simon Phillips 

25 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

So many people underrating Courtois in here. If he leaves we'll realise how good he was.

As good as he has been, many teams this season around Europe (including in PL) have proven you don't need a world class keeper to do well. I am sure our scouts will be looking at talented keepers. 

23 minutes ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

He needs to show some humility. I can name easily 6-7 better goalkeepers than him and he's acting like he is top 3. Classy keeper, no doubt about that, but not cherry on the top. His behaviour is what annoys me. 

What exactly has he done wrong recently? These are just media reports. I'm sure the last thing he said was he was going to stay. Lets not jump down his throat because of some Italian(?) journalist spouting sh*t.

19 minutes ago, enigma said:

As good as he has been, many teams this season around Europe (including in PL) have proven you don't need a world class keeper to do well. I am sure our scouts will be looking at talented keepers. 

And Liverpool have proven why, in the end, a great keeper wins you trophies. Courtois was brilliant in the final against Utd. Would we have finished this poor season with a trophy with Tbo? I doubt it. 

18 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

And Liverpool have proven why, in the end, a great keeper wins you trophies. Courtois was brilliant in the final against Utd. Would we have finished this poor season with a trophy with Tbo? I doubt it. 

You don't know how lucky you are to have a top keeper until you get a mediocre one. Anyone remember Tommy Hughes replacing Bonetti against Leeds?

1 hour ago, charierre said:

You don't know how lucky you are to have a top keeper until you get a mediocre one. Anyone remember Tommy Hughes replacing Bonetti against Leeds?

You would have thought after seeing some of the mistakes Willy has made this year people would have realised.

1 hour ago, Remodez said:

He's literally won us matches on his own. 

Don't remember many of those, maybe dippers at home in lge cup semi final at bridge other year and a good save at Sunderland in last minute when we were 1 up, he is a steady keeper with few mistakes and yes we would prefer to keep him without doubt, but not in cechs class, fa cup final when 0-0 v Pompey, 2010 saves penalty, 2-1 up v dippers in 2012 cup final wonder save from Carrol and Munich 2012. Saying all that, I thought courtios had a very good and sound game in cup final

1 hour ago, chi blue said:

Don't remember many of those, maybe dippers at home in lge cup semi final at bridge other year and a good save at Sunderland in last minute when we were 1 up, he is a steady keeper with few mistakes and yes we would prefer to keep him without doubt, but not in cechs class, fa cup final when 0-0 v Pompey, 2010 saves penalty, 2-1 up v dippers in 2012 cup final wonder save from Carrol and Munich 2012. Saying all that, I thought courtios had a very good and sound game in cup final

Over the course of a season Cech was never as good post head injury. Usually turned up in big games though.

Just now, RIP Mourinho said:

Over the course of a season Cech was never as good post head injury. Usually turned up in big games though.

Yes never as good after head injury, but as you said turned up when it mattered. Although courtios might not win you a big game like cech, he certainly won't lose you one, we only have to look back at that glorious night last Saturday in Kiev to be reminded what a keeper can do in a big game!!

Just now, chi blue said:

Yes never as good after head injury, but as you said turned up when it mattered. Although courtios might not win you a big game like cech, he certainly won't lose you one, we only have to look back at that glorious night last Saturday in Kiev to be reminded what a keeper can do in a big game!!

Lets just not talk about that Barca game :wink:

I still can't figure out for the life of my why he doesn't come out and command his box better. He's an unbelievably good shot stopper and he's got the size, but he just seems to pin himself in the six yard box for most of the game, waiting for defenders to clear balls he should have made his own. Very strange, and frustrating.