Cuadrado - Chelsea's #23

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Probably be quicker to list the wingers who fulfilled their promise and did it over a long period of time.

I'll start the ball rolling ..

Robben.

Ribery.

Giggs.

Andros Townsend.

Okay one of those was a joke.

Nedved

Figo

Pires

I agree. Raheem Sterling would disagree with you.

I'm sure Arron Lennon would as well

I think it's somthing in the mentality of the modern day winger, I mean they are stero typical not your hardest working player on a football pitch and i'd guess that for many of them that translates on to the training ground. Talent will only take you so far

Would you class Ronaldo and Messi as wingers?

Beckham? Although a different kind of winger still heald in the highest esteem. And jury still out on bale but I'd throw money at him this summer

Beckham wasn't really a winger but he was more effective from a wide position than most wingers, and unlike most wingers these days he actually crossed the ball.

Beckham wasn't really a winger but he was more effective from a wide position than most wingers, and unlike most wingers these days he actually crossed the ball.

So to get in point... Your Jose, you realise that the JC is a busted flush (debate about ever being a flush at all) you know this summer you have to address the right side.. What do you do?

It's been asked time and time again... And very few can give a good answer (hopeful ones, not good ones)

Bales is as close to a sure thing as you can get and you would have to pay for it as well.

Sterling is a risk but has potential

Reus is the other name people mention a lot but I understand he's very injury prone and probably barca bound..

Outside of that. What's would you do? I'm not up to date on the global game as I once was but when there is a break out player available you tend to here a bit about them no matter how buried your head is in the sand.. Im aware of no one

We can afford Bale. I would like to see us put a bid in for him and move elsewhere if they don't entertain it. Get Bale and we are a shoe-in for the title next year too.

It's not as if we need to buy many this summer. You could argue we only need one player.

Honestly I am gutted he hasn't hit the ground running, because we need a bit more venom with the likes of Oscar being quiet this time round. I'm gutted we sold Schurrle I really think if he decided to stay on for the rest of the season he would of had plenty of games under his belt by now and he did bring goals to his game.

But how can we all just write Cuadrado off, I wont write him off until I see him play a full season, not half a season, he needs a pre season and lets see how he does next.

Yes but Cuadrado can't pass,dribble cross or stay on his feet either.

Your right, god knows how he ever managed to con so many people into believing he can actually play football. It has to be some kind of magic trick.

In fairness I think all 3 if those looked far better the Jaun.. However the most telling thing is he looks out of synch with the team, a team under a phenomenal amount of pressure, most of them trying to clear a big hurdle for the first time. He won't offer us anything this seasons sadly wich does call in to play the business done.. But if after a pre season with the team he goes on to be a top top player then we quickly forget this period.. He probably knows he's not played well which won't have helped him

In fairness I think all 3 if those looked far better the Jaun.. However the most telling thing is he looks out of synch with the team, a team under a phenomenal amount of pressure, most of them trying to clear a big hurdle for the first time. He won't offer us anything this seasons sadly wich does call in to play the business done.. But if after a pre season with the team he goes on to be a top top player then we quickly forget this period.. He probably knows he's not played well which won't have helped him

Can be no probably about it. If he actually thinks he's done ok, THEN we have a problem!!

is he Kaloo in disguise no to be honest he has not been giving a chance just like most of the fringe players coz when they leave they do all right else where so what does tell you about our club that if you don't hit the floor running you be out or more of a squad player?

Unless Schurrle forced himself out, which I doubt, or Cuadrado couldn't have moved in Summer and had a full pre-season, which I also doubt, then this move is looking bad.

He had one touch in 10 minutes.

That's shocking. He hid and there's no excuse for that.

The lad needs a pre-season with the team.

Hmm disappointing if true. Only a couple of things about him have impressed me so far and that's his willing to try and win the ball back when he loses it and his willingness to call for the ball and make himself available.