Diego "the guv'nor" Costa

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

4 hours ago, PythonLu said:

The Times is claiming we want 130m for Costa. In today's market I am not sure if this is just another way of saying he is not for sale or if we actually expect to find someone willing to pay this amount. 

It's not really the fee we recieve that's the big problem with Costa it's how to replace him. 

There's not a great deal of top class strikers these days and the ones there are every top side in the world wants them. 

6 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

It's not really the fee we recieve that's the big problem with Costa it's how to replace him. 

There's not a great deal of top class strikers these days and the ones there are every top side in the world wants them. 

Exactly this, whats the point having £130m to spend on a striker replacement if there is no replacement out there. 

33 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Griez ;)

21 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Like others have said it's not the fee it's replacing him

Last year it would have been the other way round. Funny how quickly things change.

Anyway, I would agree with your assessment if we were talking about Haz or Courtois, but Costa is at times so immature, so unpredictable that it's possible we won't even get 10m for him 12 months down the line. You see? He's a very risky asset to hold on to. If someone really offered such a ridiculous amount as mentioned above, the club would sell immediately - no doubt.

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 21:00, DonAntonio said:

Look at the timing we got hazard, season after we won the CL and had finished 6th in the league, we got Benitez as an interim then Mou was rebuilding his first year we dinhsed third, hazard has eto and Torres as strikers, costa was also up top last season when we finished 10th, hazard was carrying an unjustly last year, when hazard doesn't play we don't play, if hazard was on form last year we wouldn't have finished 10th, also  the way we play now with hazard up top we have shown we can win without a striker, Costa is crucial no doubt and he wins games but hazard is the engine of the attack, I'd rather lose costa than hazard any day 

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 14:56, PythonLu said:

Yeah, it's not easy to admit, but we depend a lot on him. Eden is an incredible player. It's not a coincidence we won the league when he was at his best and finished 10th when he was at his worst. I can see a clear correlation there.

Not much has changed this season, to be perfectly honest, apart from the fact that he is the best player in the league again. I noticed that every time we recorded one of those massive 4-0, 5-0 victories he had a 10/10 game, better than any other player in the league can even dream of, and every time it was a 1-0 it's when he had an average game. Still better than 99% of the players out there, though.

Whilst I appreciate the fact that opinions may differ, I can't say I second the idea of giving Costa more money, but when it comes to Eden I am all for it. I don't want Real Madrid or anyone else have wet dreams over him. 

Having said all this, the reliance on him and a possibly Courtois is very big. It would be good if we could get a few more world class players in. The word is that Sanchez is available... :morning:

Today reinforced those exact views about Hazard. Look how below-par we play when he is not on form.

The truth is Costa is a mercenary. He came to us, not because he love us or love the league, but because we triple his salary, that he earned in Atletico .... Its not hard to believe, when he is offered so much that he would want to leave us. He want a way out in the summer, he want it in the winter, he will probably get it in the summer. He also said he doesn`t like the country, the weather, the food, the media, the language, and so on ...

I have no problem keeping him, if he give us 110% of himself. That`s why we pay him so much. He earn more then 10mln. from salary, if he is smart, only 1 year salary like this is enough for the rest of his life to be very good.

I like him a lot, he is the best striker in the league, have great quality and great passion for the game. But he is doing so well, not only because of himself, but because of the team, because of the training he gets, because of the coaches and all the stuff in the team. We made him what he is today and what he is worth is thanks to us as well. He won trophy with us, and we pay him big money, so whatever he choice to stay or leave in the summer, he need to give 110% untill the end of the season and make us Champions again !!! We win, he win !!! He need to respect the club, and everyone that came to our club. No one should be allowed to twist our hands.

Keep scoring dude and decide your future in the summer.

No one here knows the real story so it's easy to blame the media. Anyone actually know if the media got it so wrong? They really believe Costa had a back injury all along while training alone in the cold. Then suddenly back training with the squad, bad back injury by the sounds of it.

The celebration could of meant alot of things. People will see it how they want too. 

My opinion is he will stay till the end of the season then be off, could be wrong.

23 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

No one here knows the real story so it's easy to blame the media. Anyone actually know if the media got it so wrong? They really believe Costa had a back injury all along while training alone in the cold. Then suddenly back training with the squad, bad back injury by the sounds of it.

The celebration could of meant alot of things. People will see it how they want too. 

My opinion is he will stay till the end of the season then be off, could be wrong.

With their track record there's a very good chance of that, don't you think?

I think it was both. Costa had an injury and he was distracted by the offer from China. Costa clearly goes on as he feels. As long as goals come and Diego, Diego, Diego is shouted he is fine playing for Chelsea but he doesn't need much to get distracted.

Look at his overall situation. Remember he is a brazilian street-boy and however us priviledged western people think about life he has different priorities.

We can only hope he stays with us for long.

He shut a lot of people up yesterday. Well taken goal and overall a good, solid performance. The team weren't at our best but he was noticeably our biggest threat. Led the line well, chased down lost causes, pressured their defence and made some good runs, I think if Cesc had played the full 90 he'd have bagged at least a brace it was that type of game where we lacked creativity.

Hope it's back to business as usual now and he knuckles down and secures us the title & ends top scorer then the club and him can talk about his future in the summer.

Edited by Batshuayi

3 minutes ago, Batshuayi said:

He shut a lot of people up yesterday. Well taken goal and overall a good, solid performance. The team weren't at our best but he was noticeably our biggest threat. Led the line well, chased down lost causes, pressured their defence and made some good runs, I think if Cesc had played the full 90 he'd have bagged at least a brace it was that type of game where we lacked creativity.

Hope it's back to business as usual now and he knuckles down and secures us the title & ends top scorer then the club and him can talk about his future in the summer.

His goal aside I don't think he played all that well tbh.

Not complaining as he put the ball in the net and that is the most important thing over a good performance.

27 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

His goal aside I don't think he played all that well tbh.

Not complaining as he put the ball in the net and that is the most important thing over a good performance.

I don't think anyone played 'that well', but he was the best of an average bunch for me.

You need your top scorer to come up with the goods in games like that and he did, that's why we're in such a better position to that first season under Mourinho where we didn't have a number 9. Struggled on with an aging Eto'o, a fumbling Torres and an average Demba Ba.

I think he is the difference into what makes this and any time a 'title winning' side. You can have all the creativity/solid defence in the world but if nobody's sticking it in the back of the net then you're nowhere.