Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Bobbywoodhogan

What TV Show Are You Waarching?

649 posts in this topic

The original twin peaks?

Yeah, can't wait for the new series though. As well as the original cast they're gonna need a new generation of gorgeous teenagers to be brilliant (Audrey) or annoying (James).

Yeah, can't wait for the new series though. As well as the original cast they're gonna need a new generation of gorgeous teenagers to be brilliant (Audrey) or annoying (James).

And of course a scary as sh*t Leo :)

Peaky Blinders is hilarious!

Good hilarious, or bad? I thought it was a serious series about Brummie gangs during the 1920s??

I'm currently working my way through Daredevil on Netflix. It's pretty good, the script and acting can be a bit hammy at times but the cinematography and the fight choreography are brilliant.

After that I've got the latest season of Game of Thrones to watch, then season 3 of Hannibal, season 2 of True Detective... there are so many good shows around these days.

Peaky Blinders is very good by the way, clearly very influenced by Boardwalk Empire but with a very British take on it.

I am currently in mourning for Game of Thrones, but have a few episodes of Hannibal lined up to fill the void !

Veep

the one line putdows are frigging hilarious

Conan

he is good for a chat show host.

Edited by Devil Dog

Watched Dexter not long ago. Features on a serial killer who's working for the police and lives a double life. Quite gory but with substance to the story and plot.

Watched Dexter not long ago. Features on a serial killer who's working for the police and lives a double life. Quite gory but with substance to the story and plot.

Indeed, I am watching that at the moment. I have to limit myself to an episode a night!  I find his sister a bit irritating, though!

Chelsea190512 likes this

Indeed, I am watching that at the moment. I have to limit myself to an episode a night! I find his sister a bit irritating, though!

Yeah I wouldn't know how to describe it exactly but there is something about her that screams annoying. It is a very good watch I might have to watch some of the early seasons again at some point.

The first four seasons are great but it's all downhill from there.

Agreed, they were top notch. The ending to the final season was absolutely ludicrous. Such a shame.

Just finished True Detective, season 1. Excellent. Now started Sons of Anarchy season 7.

Agreed, they were top notch. The ending to the final season was absolutely ludicrous. Such a shame.

Just finished True Detective, season 1. Excellent. Now started Sons of Anarchy season 7.

I've still got season 7 to watch but can't motivate myself to. 

Season 5 and 6 were a drag compared to how how the first few season were. 

I'm late to this party.  Have only just started watching Season Two.  I thought season One was great, but already I'm thinking there are too many flashbacks to his childhood.

So true. Season 4's ending is one of the best closing episodes ever. Compared to that (John Lithgow was amazing) all the following seasons pale in comparison.

@moi: Bear with it. The childhood parts are important for the story.

True Detective was an instant favourite of mine. I watched the first two episodes of season 2 yesterday, and while the actors are maybe not that good the story so far seems to be even better.

Sons of Anarchy was another series which started strong and then got progressively worse. I recon it should have been shorter but I think Kurt Sutter was obsessed with some of the characters and couldn't close their storylines. In some cases that was understandable (like Clay who was a very strong character and Ron Pearlman was probably the leading name from the cast) but most of the time it was plain annoying. That's one lesson that Kurt did not learn from working on The Shield, five seasons with a pre-set and planned story is plenty enough. In the last few seasons sometimes I felt that SoA turned into a parody of itself.

Oh and f**k yeah, Maggie Siff! What a stunning woman.