Jump to content
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting


Bobbywoodhogan

What TV Show Are You Waarching?

Recommended Posts

On 11/9/2016 at 06:27, big blue said:

Finished it over the weekend. Thought there were some fantastic episodes, and a couple that were a bit similar to ptevious episodes. Favourite episodes were playtest, san junipero, and hated in the nation. 

Quality viewing throughout though.

 

San Junipero is the only one with happy ending so far (from all the episodes I saw)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

finished the crown in one week, probably just edge house of cards as my favorite netflix show

really enjoyed it, very well written and well acted (give the golden globe to lithgow already), and the production value is insane, did netflix throw all their money in this? every shot and every scene is a painting. can't wait for season 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/11/2016 at 09:22, TrueBlueBIH said:

I'll give Vikings a go for sure, i am a sucker for historic Movies/shows.

vikings is really good, i put off watching it for a while as i had built a picture of what i thought it would be like but i was totally wrong. Historically wise it is done very well, proper covers the clash of Christianity\ paganism  

TrueBlueBIH and dkw like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2016 at 04:55, luckywerthers said:

vikings is really good, i put off watching it for a while as i had built a picture of what i thought it would be like but i was totally wrong. Historically wise it is done very well, proper covers the clash of Christianity\ paganism  

It just keeps on getting better. I think Lief Erikson is coming this season.

luckywerthers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished watching The Night Of.

An eight part HBO drama about a young Asian boy who is arrested for the brutal murder of a girl following a night of drink, drugs and sex together.

Part court room drama, part prison drama, part who done it.

Very good, really recommend it. 

Zola, Devil Dog and charierre like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2016 at 20:16, ForeverCarefree said:

Just finished watching The Night Of.

An eight part HBO drama about a young Asian boy who is arrested for the brutal murder of a girl following a night of drink, drugs and sex together.

Part court room drama, part prison drama, part who done it.

Very good, really recommend it. 

Seen it, quality show

ForeverCarefree likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2016 at 21:16, ForeverCarefree said:

Just finished watching The Night Of.

An eight part HBO drama about a young Asian boy who is arrested for the brutal murder of a girl following a night of drink, drugs and sex together.

Part court room drama, part prison drama, part who done it.

Very good, really recommend it. 

Definitely on my To watch list !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2016 at 21:59, TrueBlueBIH said:

The last episode of the Walking Dead was one of the best of the season, looking forward to next one.

Goosebumps on the final scene. But Eugene should have been there. I'm worried about him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goliath

It's on Amazon with Billy Bob Thornton playing the lead. 

Very odd show. The tone is all over the place. The basic story is interesting but there's really weird choice of character arcs and the the "baddie" is this weird caricature of stereotypes. 

Ending was rather unsatisfying too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/12/2016 at 00:00, undertow said:

Just finished the second season of The Man in the High Castle. It's ok but the first one was better.

i am well into the second series now and quite enjoying it, finding it a bit tripped out with what's going on with the jap trade minister though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, luckywerthers said:

i am well into the second series now and quite enjoying it, finding it a bit tripped out with what's going on with the jap trade minister though

It really shows that Amazon let the showrunner go and never replaced him. Season 1 was all about the concept, some people even found it boring. Season 2 is more of a mid quality sci-fi with alternate realities and bog standard crazy Nazi characters, it lost most if it's complexity. Then again, neither is a patch on the book, so :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, undertow said:

It really shows that Amazon let the showrunner go and never replaced him. Season 1 was all about the concept, some people even found it boring. Season 2 is more of a mid quality sci-fi with alternate realities and bog standard crazy Nazi characters, it lost most if it's complexity. Then again, neither is a patch on the book, so :)

I am going to give the book a go. I recently read dominion by CJ sansom which has a similar concept, it is set in a Nazi dominated 1950's England and is very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, luckywerthers said:

I am going to give the book a go. I recently read dominion by CJ sansom which has a similar concept, it is set in a Nazi dominated 1950's England and is very good.

Dominion is a very good book. I read it a few years ago. CJ Sansom's books about a lawyer, Matthew Shardlake, in the reign of Henry VIII are also worth reading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Boyne said:

Dominion is a very good book. I read it a few years ago. CJ Sansom's books about a lawyer, Matthew Shardlake, in the reign of Henry VIII are also worth reading.

they are indeed, i have just read my first one dissolution

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've started watching BrainDead (no relation to the classic NZ film). It's very enjoyable, a bit like Veep with the addition of exploding heads and evil alien insects. I love the musical "previously on BrainDead" bits at the start of each episode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×