Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Bobbywoodhogan

What TV Show Are You Waarching?

738 posts in this topic
53 minutes ago, Amputechture said:

Has anyone been watching The Handmaid's Tale? Looks interesting.

It's now on my waiting list :) Thanks for the suggestion.

Amputechture likes this

On 6/11/2017 at 22:17, Amputechture said:

Has anyone been watching The Handmaid's Tale? Looks interesting.

Me! Me! Me! LOL

The book was so good but the show made it even better.

House of Cards season 5 is a let down but worse is Bloodline. Zero on Rotten Tomatoes.

Tried Westworld, got 5 episodes in and binned it. 

Thought it would be humans v Rogue robots but it was just a fake western, maybe it progressed to that but I'd lost interest. 

Great to see Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris though.

50 minutes ago, Blue Exile said:

Tried Westworld, got 5 episodes in and binned it. 

Thought it would be humans v Rogue robots but it was just a fake western, maybe it progressed to that but I'd lost interest. 

Great to see Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris though.

If you are wanting this just watch the season finale and get ready for season 2.  Season 1 was just a long prologue for the exact show you are looking for.

On 7/4/2017 at 22:08, Tibbers said:

American Gods is perfect. Hannibal fans would love it.

Just don't expect it to be on the same level as the book or follow its story.

On 7/8/2017 at 09:05, undertow said:

Just don't expect it to be on the same level as the book or follow its story.

Yeah. The show is trying to stretch it, but I'm not complaining.

Currently binge watching my way through Mad Men. 

Couple of years back I watched the first few episodes but didn't get into it but gave it another chance and I'm now completely hooked. My whisky consumption has increased as a result too. 

Been watching the newest season of House of Cards, two episodes left to go and got to say I'm disappointed, nowhere near to the high standards of the previous seasons.

Couple of episodes left of American Gods. I read the book years ago and frankly remember almost nothing. The show has been decent though and the cast is really good... Definitely worth a watch if you enjoy something a bit quirkier from time to time. 

Also watching Seinfeld. All seasons are now up on Amazon so making my way through them. Very funny sit-com and I can see why it's held up as an example of how good sit-coms can be. 

When I'm done with American Gods and House of Cards I'm going to start watching season 2 of Preacher. I wanted to let a few episodes build up before I started. I thought season 1 was okay but maybe drifted too far from the Comics and missed the mark a few times. The new season seems to be a bit closer to the comics so I'm eager to see what they've done. 

On 4/21/2017 at 18:05, dkw said:

Sorry mate, not on council house telly yet.

It eventually turned up on my old black and white set, and was fairly underwhelming compared to the previous two series.  It's still good, but isn't unmissable anymore.  Mostly because Ewan McGregor just can't carry the double part, I think, and Thewliss is just hamming it up waaay too much.  To be honest, he should be scary as f**k, but I can't get past giggling at him overacting.

Still, nearly finished now :)

On 5/22/2017 at 14:07, Zola said:

Havent watched any line of duty! 

I think it's mostly filmed just down the road from you,mate

1 hour ago, yorkleyblue said:

It eventually turned up on my old black and white set, and was fairly underwhelming compared to the previous two series.  It's still good, but isn't unmissable anymore.  Mostly because Ewan McGregor just can't carry the double part, I think, and Thewliss is just hamming it up waaay too much.  To be honest, he should be scary as f**k, but I can't get past giggling at him overacting.

Still, nearly finished now :)

I think it's mostly filmed just down the road from you,mate

Not as good as the other 2 series, but still good. Yeah Thewliss was disappointing, his introduction had me really looking forward to his role but he overplayed it badly. I thought McGregor was ok, but not as strong as the other leads in the last 2 series. So all in all still enjoyable, but slightly disappointing. 

yorkleyblue likes this

I was expecting Billy Bob in this series again, but not so far :(