What TV Show Are You Waarching?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

11 hours ago, charierre said:

Nick's Law. German police thriller currently on 4OD app under the title of Walter presents. Came across this by accident and its actually quite good. Fight against organised crime in Hamburg, worth a look if you don't mind English subs.

Narcos season three, takes a few episodes to get going but then starts to deliver like the other two seasons.

I'd never heard of Nick's Law, sounds good.

I just got finished with Game of Thrones season 7 and found it a bit disappointing. It seems to have been dumbed down a bit and has more of a hollywood action movie feel at times. Some people will probably like that though.

The new Rick and Morty and Bojack Horseman episodes are absolute class.

Just now, bluedave said:

I'd never heard of Nick's Law, sounds good.

I just got finished with Game of Thrones season 7 and found it a bit disappointing. It seems to have been dumbed down a bit and has more of a hollywood action movie feel at times. Some people will probably like that though.

The new Rick and Morty and Bojack Horseman episodes are absolute class.

I've watched two out of the four on 4OD of Nick's Law and I think its worth a look. Episodes are about 90 mins long. There are a few good 'Walter Presents' series on there if you can take the trouble to watch progs with subs.

Agree on Game of Thrones , to me it seemed to lose plot from mid season 6 onwards. Hopefully they can take it out with a bang season 8 but somehow I think it will be more CGI than storyline.

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 15:24, Strider6003 said:

I catch some of it too and admit some is garbage others a pleasant reminder of earlier times.

It seems to be just 1984, does that mean next year they will show 1985?

Tonight the edition is from 12th July 1984. So recording it.

Looks like they are going through 1984 week by week.

So looks like that they will,hopefully,then go on to 1985 editions.

Watched the first one - I thought it was OK, but a little bit cliched and predictable.  I was really looking forward to the series, given the author, the performers they have lined up and the fact that it's a pet project of Bryan Cranston.  Recorded last night's, but I hope the series picks up a bit.  Dick is better than that, and you can quote me on that!

A great programme on BBC 4 last night called When Albums Ruled the World. About the development of the rock/pop album from the early sixties to the late seventies and how at one stage album sales were higher than sales of singles. Some great albums and musicians mentioned. Albums included Freewheelin' Tommy, Dark Side of the Moon and Tapestry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01qhn70/when-albums-ruled-the-world

On 25/09/2017 at 10:30, yorkleyblue said:

Watched the first one - I thought it was OK, but a little bit cliched and predictable.  I was really looking forward to the series, given the author, the performers they have lined up and the fact that it's a pet project of Bryan Cranston.  Recorded last night's, but I hope the series picks up a bit.  Dick is better than that, and you can quote me on that!

2nd one was even better, really enjoyed it. 

23 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

Haven't watched it yet - recorded it on the old Betamax, and will settle down with it tonight, as long as the fuse doesn't blow again.

you need to get with the modern world grandad, its all about laser discs now.....

On 25/09/2017 at 23:14, bluehaze said:

Just discovered this absolutely brilliant.

Nathan for you is absolutely brilliant and seems to mostly fly under the radar. He's a great parody of these clueless Apprentice-types who believe they are the next Alan Sugar (haha). The episode where he convinced the ice cream shop to sell sh*t-flavoured ice cream sticks in my mind.

• 3 weeks later...

On 30/10/2017 at 05:15, chef said:

Almost finished season 2 of Stranger Things and it has been marvelous. Great follow up.

I watched it over the weekend, another belting serious, much darker than the first though.

I have watched a few episodes of "the end of the F******g world", a lovely little dark comedy. Well worth a watch, though I think its only on that channel 4 online thing.

Have really got into The Deuce. Love series that are based in '70's. Some good acting, great music and plenty of nudity, which for a shallow guy like me, always helps to keep me watching!