Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Bobbywoodhogan

What TV Show Are You Waarching?

On 11/16/2017 at 09:47, Boyne said:

@erskblueYou haven't missed much. When watching the new version you automatically make comparisons to the original. Ronnie Barker, Richard Beckinsale, Fulton Mackay etc were superb actors. Sadly missed.

My favourite ever sitcom Porridge the episode with the map is just classic with two comedy greats in Ronnie Barker and David Jason.

I'm a latecomer to Peaky Blinders really enjoying it but Sam Neill's Northern Irish accent is off putting. He's a good actor but it happens all the time going back to Dick Van Dyke why not get an actor who is from the area or can do the accent. Can't remember the woman's name but she was in the first series of Luther she had an appalling Cockney accent. Mickey Rourke in a film called A Prayer for the Dying another awful Northern Irish accent.

Edited by bluehaze

27 minutes ago, Phillip said:

Do y'all get 'Shameless' over there in England?  Its on Showtime in the US, and it is hilarious, about a family of misfits, to say the least!

The us one is based on the original English shameless.

On 12/01/2018 at 15:17, dkw said:

The us one is based on the original English shameless.

For some reason it really unreasonably annoys me that they feel the need to reshoot British shows, sometimes pretty much word for word, in the US rather than just show the original! I remember they tried it with the IT Crowd and it was just dreadful. 

Imagine if we did it with all the stuff we import from there!