Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Bobbywoodhogan

What TV Show Are You Waarching?

On 07/06/2018 at 08:54, erskblue said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0b4fx2q/scotland-78-a-love-story?suggid=b0b4fx2q

Interesting look back at Scotland's anticipation of footballing glory and the dramatic fall.

Some very good stories told by those supporters who travelled.

Just finished watching the programme. Very interesting. That was a great Scotland team but a shame that it all went wrong. Weren't going to win the World Cup but should have progressed from the group stage. I remember all the news headlines and reports about Bud being sent home. I didn't watch the Scotland v Netherlands game as didn't think that Scotland would win and couldn't believe the result when I heard it later. A great goal from Gemmill. One of the finest in World Cup history.

16 hours ago, Boyne said:

Just finished watching the programme. Very interesting. That was a great Scotland team but a shame that it all went wrong. Weren't going to win the World Cup but should have progressed from the group stage. I remember all the news headlines and reports about Bud being sent home. I didn't watch the Scotland v Netherlands game as didn't think that Scotland would win and couldn't believe the result when I heard it later. A great goal from Gemmill. One of the finest in World Cup history.

I watched it and found it a sad and tragic story.

I did recall it as an 11 year old seeing Gemmill's nugget of a goal yet the BBC program last night was funny. Just so much material for a remake along the lines of Mike Basset England manager. From the material on that program it could be a cracker.

@Boyne , the BBC claimed the Celtic V Rangers divide was forgotten for the tournament, was that true?

Edited by Strider6003