Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Bobbywoodhogan

What TV Show Are You Waarching?

687 posts in this topic

Cheers I'll have a look. Pretty sure that's on Netflix too which is ideal.

It is mate, show is genius but only 20 mins or so per episode, give it a few episodes too

Prison Break season 1 was the best television I've seen to this day. Season 2 is ok....season 3 is a bit silly, but i admire the change in "tone" and location. Season 4 is largely forgettable.

Just watched 12 episodes. ...

Not for me at all.

The acting is ok, particularly Peter Stormare, but the plot is swiss cheese to me.

Sopranos for me, sorry :(

I am working my way through Season 4 of Dexter.  Am on the edge of my seat!

Hi, newbie....is that the trinity killer one ?....if so, its the best ever !

Yes, it is!

Just watched 12 episodes. ...

Not for me at all.

The acting is ok, particularly Peter Stormare, but the plot is swiss cheese to me.

Sopranos for me, sorry :(

You have a brain defect.

The last good season of Dexter!

Just started watching Suits, so far so good. Any other takes from those who've watched it?

Love Suits! Harvey is my role model. I want to BE him. I've watched seasons 1-3 so far. Very amusing show

Been watching this royally f**ked show called Hardy Bucks, it's a mockumentary about a bunch of pissed-up Irish lads who are total idiots. Like Trailer Park Boys, but somehow even more budget.

Edited by PloKoon13

You have a brain defect.

The last good season of Dexter!

Love Suits! Harvey is my role model. I want to BE him. I've watched seasons 1-3 so far. Very amusing show

Eugh, you want to be completely like Harvey?

On my 3 week vacation so trying to catch up on all the shows I've left behind for some time every night.

Just started to watch Supernatural, just finished season 8 and will start with season 9 later tonight - love it.

I just finished watching HBO's excellent six-part documentary The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst. For people who haven't heard of him, Robert Durst is the wayward son of a multi-millionaire property developer in Manhattan. He has been a very controversial figure ever since his first wife disappeared without trace in the early eighties, with many people being convinced that he murdered her, and he has since been linked with several other murders/disappearances. One case even went to trial and the jury amazingly found him not guilty of murder despite Durst actually admitting to killing the victim and chopping up his body (self defence!).

The series is a mixture of interviews with Durst (a very strange, intense guy) interspersed with the film makers' investigation into his past to try and confirm (or not) his versions of events. It's very gripping, and the last episode in particular  is brilliant. Robert Durst came across to me as the damaged product of a highly privileged background who has gone through life expecting to do whatever he wants without ever having to face the consequences. Until now...

I just finished watching HBO's excellent six-part documentary The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst. For people who haven't heard of him, Robert Durst is the wayward son of a multi-millionaire property developer in Manhattan. He has been a very controversial figure ever since his first wife disappeared without trace in the early eighties, with many people being convinced that he murdered her, and he has since been linked with several other murders/disappearances. One case even went to trial and the jury amazingly found him not guilty of murder despite Durst actually admitting to killing the victim and chopping up his body (self defence!).

The series is a mixture of interviews with Durst (a very strange, intense guy) interspersed with the film makers' investigation into his past to try and confirm (or not) his versions of events. It's very gripping, and the last episode in particular is brilliant. Robert Durst came across to me as the damaged product of a highly privileged background who has gone through life expecting to do whatever he wants without ever having to face the consequences. Until now...

Is it available on UK TV?

Humans episode 6 of 8 last night, most thought provoking so far. Glad we've watched it and looking forward to the final 2 episodes.

Ready for the French crime drama starting this Wednesday.

Tried to get into Cordon, but it's bonkers, even for me.

Is it available on UK TV?

I think it was on Sky, so might be available through NowTV or something (I'm not sure how it works). It's easy enough to download from various places though.

NorthernMonkey likes this

Humans episode 6 of 8 last night, most thought provoking so far. Glad we've watched it and looking forward to the final 2 episodes.

Ready for the French crime drama starting this Wednesday.

Tried to get into Cordon, but it's bonkers, even for me.

Missed Sunday night's Humans but it is getting watched tonight :)

Droogba likes this

I'm enjoying Odyssey that's been on BBC2 on Sunday nights for a few weeks. Jumped ahead a few episodes online.

I think the best way to describe it would be The Bourne movies meets Homeland.

Spudulike likes this

Just finished Sense8 on Netflix.

Meh.

What's that about? Obviously not worth a watch?

I've been trying to get into mad men, on episode 4, worth perservering with?

What's that about? Obviously not worth a watch?

It's about a 8 people who have this ability to share their feelings and abilities with each other despite being in different parts of the world. 

So someone good at fighting can "posses" another of the 8 and help them out. 

It's a good concept but ultimately it doesn't really lead up to anything... 

Got married last year and recently moved house so saving the pennies filling our time up with tv haha.

Top 5 ever:

Walking Dead

Sons Of Anarcy

Ray Donovan

Breaking Bad

Boardwalk Empire

Top 5 current:

Walking Dead

Ray Donovan

Game Of Thrones

Banshee

Humans

Watching a few others too, best being Daredevil probably.

Ray Donovan is getting better and better.

One of the best things I have watched in a long time is Humans, its incredible so far.

Best comedies are Modern Family and The League (for NFL fans).

Edited by ashtini
RichardCFC and Jezz like this

Hannibal is a great series the dialogue is quite difficult to understand and keep up with though.

I'm about 6 episode in with Mr Robot. 

For my tastes it's all a bit too pretentious. Stylistically and thematically it's trying too hard to tap into what made Fight Club so great. 

We're still really enjoying Humans.

It's worth catching up with Moi, it gets better week by week.

I thought Humans was great, right up until the end, when the last half hour was blindingly, obviously setting it all up for series 2.  I think that a lot of the time, there is just 1 series in an idea, but they have to string it out to 2, 3 or 7 series.  

Prison Break was one of those, as was 24, The Killing and The Bridge,  and, though I might be in a minority here, Dexter could only really carry series 1 and series 4.  

Watched the new French series and found it tediously slow.  I gave it a second episode to get better, but, sadly, il ne marche pas!

I do have the complete Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead on my digi-box, for all eternity :)

Zola likes this