Welcome Asmir Begovic

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

It's Chelsea, any and every transfer we ever do will always be criticised on social media, I mean it's cringey but acceptable when other fan groups do it, but when you see organisations like Daily Mail Sport and Paddy Power refer to him as Benchovic and that widely overused joke about how he'll keep Cuadrado company on the bench, it's very pathetic

It's Chelsea, any and every transfer we ever do will always be criticised on social media, I mean it's cringey but acceptable when other fan groups do it, but when you see organisations like Daily Mail Sport and Paddy Power refer to him as Benchovic and that widely overused joke about how he'll keep Cuadrado company on the bench, it's very pathetic

End of the day someone's got to be the reserve goalkeeper. 

If it's a choice between the likes of Turnbull and Hilario or a player of the quality of Begovic... You're going to want Begovic all day long. 

The fact that such a good player is happy to join our club despite knowing he's got one of the 5 best goalkeepers in the world ahead of him is a great thing for the club. 

Noticed him getting a lot of critiism on Facebook for moving to us and just saying it's about the money. At the end of the day most people would move to another company offering 2 or 3 times your wage for the same job, there's very few who wouldn't. The main reason I think would be at 28 he'll want to retire with some medals of big competitions and it's very rare for us to go a season without winning something never mind four, I feel the critism of him is extremely unfair

f**k em! whether they talking good about us or bad, at least THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT US. 

Delighted to see this go through, we've replaced Cech with an excellent goalkeeper without missing a beat. Seems like a genuinely decent bloke as well, which is nice considering he's replacing someone who was pure class. He's also a keeper I would be confident in if he had to play in the CL semis.

After hearing the previous rumours, I envisioned this horror show scenario in which Courtois was stretchered off after 10 minutes of the CL semi first leg against Barca, only to hear from the tannoy "Substitution for Chelsea... number 13... ROBERT GREEN!" followed by the sound of 40,000 people burying their faces in their hands.

Welcome to Chelsea, delighted to have you on board!

Remember when us Chelsea fans were so worried about Cech getting injured because it would mean we would have to play Hilario? 

Such a relief knowing that if Courtois gets injured we have a quality replacement on hand

Once again, the club would have appeared to worked the situation to our advantage....
The lad is quality, and has 4 yrs left before he reaches Petr's age now !!
Those who have been slating the club recently for not moving in the market should hold fire... It's not over yet ;)

How is he seen in Bosnia? Is he a hero back there like Dzeko?

Dzeko is every kid's idol in Bosnia, because he is a striker and he scores goals. Everyone dreams of being that. Not too many dream of making great saves (being goalkeepers). But Begovic, along with Pjanic from AS Roma are right behind Dzeko, and Bosnians really get behind their national team, so he is loved. Many feel that him being a second choice keeper now may play a role in his form, but for me being a Chelsea supporter for so long this is just great.  :smile: