Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gem

John Stones

As if i just visited Grand Old team and seen someone using a photo of John Stones taken today with a smile as confirmation the papers are definitely talking rubbish re.him being interested in a move here.  Utter madness

I mean, a guy smiling for a picture with an Umbro employee... I never!  What did they expect, him to have a pout on holding up cardboard or whatever with "Let me join Chelsea" written on it

To be honest I would imagine other club's interest is pure speculation because no media outlet knew of our interest until a bid had already been made. 

If Everton are in fact adamant that Stones is not for sale then it won't matter who is bidding.

If Everton are open to selling at a certain price then should all interested parties meet that valuation then you would assume it would come down to Stones to choose where he wants to go.  

The optimistic approach, I suppose, is when we bid a couple of times we are usually pretty sure we can land our man, Everton know they can't hang on to a young English talent like that, they are just digging in their heels for a higher price or to prolong the inevitable and use his services for another season, I'd really hope to see this bit of business wrapped up shortly and we are set for starting CB's for the best part of a decade.  

While I kind of expect us to seal the deal on this, Everton have no need to roll over and have ther tummy tickled on this!

I think the next bid will have involved lots of pre-negotiation and will add up to the £35m that has been mooted.

I think that some Everton fans dreaming of £40-£60m is exactly that, a dream!

Here is an idea Everton, and I am sure it has been mentioned many times before.  If Stones is not for sale AT ALL, then just tell us he isn't going to be sold at ANY PRICE.  Jose has kept saying that Everton has only rejected their bids and haven't said he is untouchable, so then we bid higher.

Everton are being the little bitches about all of this, not us. 

Im wondering what Stones and his agent are thinking ...."Im worth more than 30million yet only being paid 30k a week?".

More likely to be getting paid less than 20k. 

If he moves here, hopefully we keep his wages reasonable -- nothing more than 70k.

I reckon it will be £30m with it being £35m with add ons.

Talksport are saying that City and United are NOT interested.

Not surprising. City are stacked in defense, and it seems United want Otamendi or Ramos.

Is there a different way of saying "not for sale" because twice now it's been said he's not for sale.

Or is it football manager terminology again? "not for sale at any price" = not for sale and "not for sale" = go on make another bid.

Love the way football manager influences fan opinions...

No member of the Everton group has ever said not for sale at any price.. Or is reading the issue here

My fellow Evertonian is just saying that we don't need to sell, and the player is not the type to kick up a fuss, so our 'no intention of selling' comment can basically be read as 'make us a silly offer, otherwise we'll hang onto him quite happily, and entertain other bids the season or two after that'

My fellow Evertonian is just saying that we don't need to sell, and the player is not the type to kick up a fuss, so our 'no intention of selling' comment can basically be read as 'make us a silly offer, otherwise we'll hang onto him quite happily, and entertain other bids the season or two after that'

So you don't belive he will go for less them 35?

Everything I have read in the media has been "Everton has rejected Chelsea's bid for Stones".  It was only Robbie Martinez who said he wasn't for sale, and the last time I checked, the board have the final say on player movement and not the manager.  

I have a feeling we will get him for around 35m and I'll be more than okay with that.  Zouma and Stones will shut down this league for the next decade.  

Go away you Everton fans, you daft bottom feeders.  :Connie_threaten:  

@barak81, I'd be very surprised. Obviously I don't know any more or less than you, but judging on our past record of selling very high, I can't see it.

And I can see why some Chelsea fans might say 'that's too much, we've got Zouma, and there are other players out there'. It's just a reflection of the market, and the strength of position of the selling club.

@barak81, I'd be very surprised. Obviously I don't know any more or less than you, but judging on our past record of selling very high, I can't see it.

And I can see why some Chelsea fans might say 'that's too much, we've got Zouma, and there are other players out there'. It's just a reflection of the market, and the strength of position of the selling club.

What other non world class defenders on the 'market' would cost £30M+

lol.

Everton fans having their own rawk meltdown!

Confident of getting him. The fact we have already made two bids and are preparing a 3rd shows Jose and Chelsea are also confident of getting him as well.

We wouldn't be wasting our time with all these bids if we knew there wasn't a chance of signing him. Everton have always been stubborn and difficult to buy players from but Everton aren't super rich and 30 million is big money especially for a player they signed for 3 million only two seasons ago

Been quite a few reports that John Stones is very interested in joining us...While he doesn't come across as a player to force a move it's always difficult to keep a player who's head has been turned

lol.

On what planet does Sterling go for almost 44-49m?  It's the price you have to pay for young English talent.  If Barkley ever gets consistent playing time and develops like he could, he could easily go for over 50m

lol.

Shaw went for 30 million at the age of 19, Mangala went for 32 million, Marquinos went for 30 million at the age of 19 and had only played in Europe for one season

I don't know if you rate Stones but from I've seen he looks the real deal and the fact that Mourinho is willing to pay up to 30 million for a 21 year old shows how highly he rates him

If Everton was serious about not selling him, they'd have him signed up on a new contract with a high sell out clause and wages much higher than what he is currently on.  They arent lokcing up that asset in a manner that tells of long-term intentions and that will be pretty clear to the player and his agent.

As for the Everton posters who say what does it take to get the point across that he is not for sale.  Well Sterlings agent made it pretty clear when he said he will not resign for 900,000 a week.  A similar statement from Everton, we will not sell for less than 100million or something along those lines, would make the message much clearer than not for sale.  As yourselves has said, everyone has a price so if Chelsea are seriously interested, of course they will keep trying to find that price and if Chelsea's offers are far below what you'd need, you just need to come out and give them a ball park which has not happened.

Shaw went for 30 million at the age of 19, Mangala went for 32 million, Marquinos went for 30 million at the age of 19 and had only played in Europe for one season

I don't know if you rate Stones but from I've seen he looks the real deal and the fact that Mourinho is willing to pay up to 30 million for a 21 year old shows how highly he rates him

I said on the 'market' didn't i? as in currently available or w/e and yes all those names are certainly not world class, stones has the potential, me thinks Everton are doing there parent club utd a job!!