*Official* Pedro to Chelsea

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Guest Sindre

Definitly came at the right time this. We needed some fresh blood and we have now added a top notch attacker for an excellent price. I would not be surprised if Pedro has the same impact as Sanchez did in the PL.

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Pedro from Barcelona.

The Spaniard arrives as a highly coveted winger who can also play as a central striker. He is proven at the very highest level and already possesses an impressive medal haul.

The 28-year-old has accumulated three Champions Leagues and five La Liga titles, as well as being a world and European champion on the international stage.

He said: ‘I am very happy to be here. I am very excited to start my adventure at Chelsea and I am here to keep winning titles.

'Thanks to the club and the supporters for giving me the opportunity to put the blue shirt on.’

Born in Tenerife, the diminutive Pedro, whose full name is Pedro Eliezer Rodríguez Ledesma, signed for Bar?a’s academy in 2004 and made his first-team debut in January 2008 after catching the eye for their B team.

By 2009/10, the two-footed, fast and direct winger had become an important part of the Barcelona team. He was the first player ever to score in the Spanish league, Copa del Rey, Champions League, both the European and Spanish Super Cups as well as the World Club Cup.

His brilliant performances at club level saw him secure a place in the Spain squad for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. Pedro started both the semi-final and final, and was a key figure in their victory over the Netherlands.

A year later he scored the opening goal in the Champions League final at Wembley as Bar?a beat Manchester United 3-1.

He was a substitute alongside then Chelsea players Fernando Torres and Juan Mata in Spain’s Euro 2012 victory over Italy. The winger was also part of the squad which travelled to Brazil for the 2014 World Cup.

Pedro came on as a late substitute in Barcelona’s most recent major success - May’s Champions League final win over Juventus in Berlin. He concluded his time at the Catalan club in the most memorable manner, scoring the winning goal in their 5-4 UEFA Super Cup triumph over Sevilla.

I think if we'd signed him weeks ago we'd have had a better start to the season

Shame we didn't sign him last January instead of Cuadrado. What a cock up that was.

Anyway, he's here now and I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

It's been a long journey but hopefully our right-wing is sorted now.

Shame we didn't sign him last January instead of Cuadrado. What a cock up that was.

Anyway, he's here now and I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

It's been a long journey but hopefully our right-wing is sorted now.

I know but Pedro probably wasn't available last Jan. I still think we may have well as just kept Schurrle last season although it was said he wanted to go. Saying that if we'd done that maybe Cuadadro would have been signed in the Summer instead **shudders**

Brilliant signing for £22M.

Think this might just give us the lift we need going into the WBA game.

Would like to see Pedro & Hazard either side of Willian as the front 3 behind Costa- I think that has a nice balance to it.

With Pedro signed now Willian can compete with Oscar for the no.10 role too as well as his usual RW slot. Good for the squad.

One of Cuadrado or Moses are sure to go now. I would bet Cuadrado as Moses is homegrown and therefore might be necessary for the UCL quota.