Kenedy officially signs for Chelsea

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

37 minutes ago, jack h said:

In the minutes he's been given for us in competitive matches he has shown at the very least that he is competent in a number of positions and that he has potential and room for improvement. Absolutely miles ahead of Baba Rahman from what we've seen. Would rather we stick with him than just throw money at a position which isn't a massive issue.

At left back he's allright going forward but not strong enough defensively to make a claim, as a winger he's been utter mince every time he's played and at wing back he will be even worse.

Without wanting to come across as wearing a tin foil hat, I can't help but feel that, had this occurred at any other club, there would be very little made about it. 

Also, I'm loving the non-Chelsea fans who have never once said anything offensive and/or racist in their lives getting on their high horses over this :rolleyes:

Yeah, the Chinese version of twitter isn't all that rational. They went into uber-attack mode when an Australian swimmer at the Olympics dared to question a Chinese competitors credibility due to previous doping bans.

In a western context there's nothing particularly 'offensive' in Kenedy's posts, but they would have stirred up a proverbial hornet's nest.

7 minutes ago, Argo said:

At left back he's allright going forward but not strong enough defensively to make a claim, as a winger he's been utter mince every time he's played and at wing back he will be even worse.

Except he's done well whenever called upon.... regardless of position he's played. Better than Baba Rahman in every single aspect of his game when played at left back and has been lively and looked to get us forward quickly whenever he's played further ahead. Given his minimal chances I genuinely struggle with what exactly it is people are expecting.

1 minute ago, jack h said:

Except he's done well whenever called upon.... 

He really hasn't. As a left winger i can't recall one good game from him. And being better than Baba is hardly evidence of being Chelsea quality, neither are good enough and should be sold asap.

1 minute ago, Argo said:

He really hasn't. As a left winger i can't recall one good game from him. And being better than Baba is hardly evidence of being Chelsea quality, neither are good enough and should be sold asap.

Whenever he's played for us he's looked promising, no horror shows and certainly doesn't look miles out of his depth and has shown he can play a number of positions. Again I have to ask what it is people expect of him? To dribble past 5 players on his debut and smash it in the top corner? If that's what people want then we might as well do away with our youth team and with scouting promising foreigners like Kenedy as that isn't going to happen.

5 minutes ago, jack h said:

Whenever he's played for us he's looked promising, no horror shows and certainly doesn't look miles out of his depth and has shown he can play a number of positions. Again I have to ask what it is people expect of him? To dribble past 5 players on his debut and smash it in the top corner? If that's what people want then we might as well do away with our youth team and with scouting promising foreigners like Kenedy as that isn't going to happen.

Depends what your definition of "promising" is.

Boga was actually promising.

Kenedy has literally shown nothing of note be it on his debut or even in a pre-season game. 

2 minutes ago, jack h said:

No i don't expect him to dribble past 5 player's im sorry but that is a ridiculous thing to say, do you honestly think im expecting young player's to come in and play like Hazard? What i do expect to see however is something to give me hope. All his runs and dribble's were down blind alley's, his first touch is w**k and his decision making is hopeless. 

2 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Depends what your definition of "promising" is.

Boga was actually promising.

Kenedy has literally shown nothing of note be it on his debut or even in a pre-season game. 

Judging players on pre-season friendlies? How utterly pointless.

In the competitive games he's player for us he's done well.

4 minutes ago, Argo said:

No i don't expect him to dribble past 5 player's im sorry but that is a ridiculous thing to say, do you honestly think im expecting young player's to come in and play like Hazard? What i do expect to see however is something to give me hope. All his runs and dribble's were down blind alley's, his first touch is w**k and his decision making is hopeless. 

I don't know what you're expecting, hence why I wrote that down and asked the question.... I disagree with what you wrote afterwards about him, if you haven't been given hope by his performances from us then I have to question either what it is your seeing or what your expectations of him are.

16 minutes ago, jack h said:

Judging players on pre-season friendlies? How utterly pointless.

In the competitive games he's player for us he's done well.

Which games are you talking about exactly? 

All i remember is him being totally out of his depth most of the times he has taken the pitch. 

And no need to put words in mouth. All i said was he has looked poor in any game which includes pre-seasons too.

3 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Which games are you talking about exactly? 

All i remember is him being totally out of his depth most of the times he has taken the pitch. 

And no need to put words in mouth. All i said was he has looked poor in any game which includes pre-seasons too.

Haven't put words into your mouth, you mentioned Boga who has only played pre-season friendlies for us and you said you don't think Kenedy played well in pre-season games... so i pointed out judging a player on pre-season is pointless.

We must be watching totally different players then. he came in during an abysmal season in 15/16 and did well for us. Did well when at left back despite 30 million being spent on Baba Rahman and looked lively and wanted to get the ball forward whenever he played further up field. He did a lot better than many of the first teamers when he played and was not out of his depth at all.

55 minutes ago, jack h said:

I don't know what you're expecting, hence why I wrote that down and asked the question.... I disagree with what you wrote afterwards about him, if you haven't been given hope by his performances from us then I have to question either what it is your seeing or what your expectations of him are.

I see a fundementally rubbish footballer who has no place at this level. If he makes it as a PL footballer i would be amazed.

2 minutes ago, Argo said:

I see a fundementally rubbish footballer who has no place at this level. If he makes it as a PL footballer i would be amazed.

Your expectations are completely of the scale based on what we've seen from him then.

1 hour ago, didierforever said:

Clearly out of his depth here:

Selective memory? I thought he held his own two years ago, nineteen years of age, showcasing some skill and composure. Not bad, considering he was greener than the pitch at the time. I think he's been fairly poor in his last 2/3 games, but he wasn't utilised at all last season, not even on loan and was obviously as rusty as you'd expect. 

1 hour ago, Argo said:

He's 21 years old, impressed first season, Watford wasted his time and he's had to make do with playing in dead rubber games and pre-season games since. It's hard to judge him in those matches, when he's probably had his confidence knocked and had no time to build up any kind of rhythm to his game. Honestly, how many players do we give up on after one season and then realise we were wrong? Too soon. 

Just now, Argo said:

Give over, he's not fundamentally rubbish at all for f**ks sake. 

18 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

He's 21 years old, impressed first season

And we kept hearing that with Oscar, give him time he's 21, then he was 22, then 23, then 24 and still no progression, then he was 25 and the realization that the he's young argument has expired and his problem is that he just isn't very good. And i didn't think he impressed atall certainly not a winger, Traore looked much, much more promising.

23 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Watford wasted his time 

Or maybe, just maybe, Holebas was better? Player's don't have a divine right to play on the basis of being Chelsea loanee's and rightly so.

18 minutes ago, Argo said:

And we kept hearing that with Oscar, give him time he's 21, then he was 22, then 23, then 24 and still no progression, then he was 25 and the realization that the he's young argument has expired and his problem is that he just isn't very good. And i didn't think he impressed atall certainly not a winger, Traore looked much, much more promising.

Or maybe, just maybe, Holebas was better? Player's don't have a divine right to play on the basis of being Chelsea loanee's and rightly so.

The same Oscar that that played 203 games for us scoring 38 goals making 25 Assists and winning 2 BPL's, the Europa League and an EFL cup.

I'd take that from Kenedy right now.  

While the whole situation is definitely being exaggerated, it's less of a question whether Kenedy is racist or discriminatory and more of a question over whether the lad has any common sense?
You go to China to try and build the fan base and you post "F*** China"
It's just dumb, that's all it is, dumb.   

5 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

Clearly out of his depth here:

Selective memory? I thought he held his own two years ago, nineteen years of age, showcasing some skill and composure. Not bad, considering he was greener than the pitch at the time. I think he's been fairly poor in his last 2/3 games, but he wasn't utilised at all last season, not even on loan and was obviously as rusty as you'd expect. 

So a solitary goal video is all that you could get to prove otherwise? There might be 100s of these vids about Mikel and his "skills" too.

Ignoring this social media issue, Kenedy is being judged harshly imo. His decision making is poor but when we had that awful season before Conte came in, he actually impressed me quite a bit. Very direct, powerful, quite a bit of pace and a decent shot on him. I am not saying he is a wonderkid but no way as bad as some people are making out. There is a good player there. I don't see how people say he has never shown any sign of promise. He impressed me when I first saw him. He had a loan that did not work out but many good players do. Look at Chalobah. Boga. List goes on. Only 21 too and got loads of time to prove himself but whether he gets a proper chance is another thing.