away days chelsea here chelsea there chelsea every f....... where

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

There is , for some of us , a strange magic of what we see......For a quiet introvert boy of 12 as i was, seeing the stuff in the park lane ( and prior down the high rd), around 67/68, brought out a madness for all things OLD SHED in my years up to now at 60.. I may not remember everything accurately over these years,but my soul holds onto and yearns for the 60s to late 80s experiences...I will still find the ability 75% of the time to allow the young man to pop out on the reasonably boring matches at the Bridge v spuds and make a noise on the Blues behalf on the occasions im lucky enough to aquire a ticket at the lane.There is a good feeling travelling from Liverpool st to Bruce grove, cops awaiting us when we get off...walking down to the ground with some nervousness,and generally arriving at the lane having only been administered verbals from spuds..... 

Need to be careful at 3PL now Mike, you must be getting to an age where the Spurs mob would see you as fair game, especially if you were to take one of the grandkids along.

• 4 months later...

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2016 at 19:34, keynsham boy said:

HELLO MIKE YOU STILL WRITING ON HERE-HOW YOU KEEPING?

I was down your way just before Xmas went to Bristol City v Preston and had a few pints in the pub near the ground watching Palace/Chelsea.  Nice day out.

Edited by Peckham Blue

• 2 weeks later...

Division 2 Bolton  away when Chelsea fans were banned ,ok it was not ' Chelsea here Chelsea there Chelsea every facking where'

as you lot down the smoke sang it       but it was at least ' Chelsea here Chelsea there '

there was more than enough Chelsea in the ground for this one to be noticed ,and for life of me can't recall the score

Thanks for that fella that was great to watch for me .

i was on the railway embankment for that one ,so within that small mob

of Chelsea stood behind that goal on the left hand side.

had me cp company jacket on that day as I was a tad forward in them days .police were clueless 

to what my flip top mobile phone was that they found inside my jacket pocket was all about  during  while been

searched on way in ' MOBILE PHONE' 

think my white socks that gave my northerness away that day tbh.

• 2 months later...

I`m 49 now but like a lot of guys have said above the 83/84 season in Div 2 was special , at the time I was 16/17 and went a lot of the games above which have been mentioned , I`m sure there are a few guys who remember the 84/85 season first time back in Div 1 for a while - Tottenham away - lots of moody tickets available hundreds if not thousands for the seats in the Chelsea end above the terracing , me and a few mates got tickets from a good mate knowing they were moody ,

Previous home game word went round to meet at Liverpool Street , I remember turning up with my mates and being gob smacked looking down from the stairs their were 2000 + Chelsea boys , no women or children just lads proper lads no colours what so ever , if memory serves me right we went over ground to Tottenham Hale , it would have taken 2 -3 trains to get that Chelsea firm to WHL .

The train lot I was with went straight to the ground , we were sussed straight away at the turnstiles old bill checking tickets , gutted should have been there earlier and could hear Chelsea singing in the ground , that day I bet there were hundreds of Chelsea boys sitting on each others laps during the game , for all us thousands who did not get in there would have been hundreds who did get in.

As for trouble the only bits I saw was down the bottom of seven sisters road by that estate where the Tottenham Riots had been not long before , about 20 or 30 black lads steamed out of an ally and straight into us , Chelsea went straight back into them , job done but left it there , not sure anyone fancied going on that estate at the time, ended up having a few beers in some north London pub and a few more beers in Victoria before going home , Chelsea bossed the day and Tottenham could not live with us on that day

OK not huge numbers in the ground ( sold out allocation plus another couple of thousand all over the place ) but huge numbers without tickets or moody tickets on Tottenham`s patch , Chelsea here Chelsea there

Happy Happy Days

Richy

The 1965-66 F A Cup semi final against Sheff. Wed. at Villa Park. We ran out in this Inter Milan kit while Wednesday had their mundane stripes and looked like a pub team. We looked a million dollars but played like a million lira. I've never been so disappointed, especially when Jim McCalliog, an ex Blue, scored in the last minute.

• 4 months later...

On 4/11/2017 at 03:44, old git said:

The 1965-66 F A Cup semi final against Sheff. Wed. at Villa Park. We ran out in this Inter Milan kit while Wednesday had their mundane stripes and looked like a pub team. We looked a million dollars but played like a million lira. I've never been so disappointed, especially when Jim McCalliog, an ex Blue, scored in the last minute.

Ah the Walking Sticks Semi, that was a classic game!