Tammy Abraham

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I reckon Tammy might stick around until January.

Cant help but think he could get a few minutes in the Europa League games where I could see Sarri resting a lot of the regulars.

It’s a good chance for him to experience playing European football so he might want to stick around for it.

The longer he stays around the top squad the better and faster he'll improve. He will improve, guarantee it, but to what level is still unknown, but we will soon be finding out and he will be getting his chances.

I understand loaning Tammy, although I don't want him to be loaned. However, why not to a BL, La Liga or Serie A side instead of Championship? Just seems like a lateral or even backwards move for him. Hopefully, he bangs in goal after goal and lights up the Championship again 

Poor move for Tammy in my opinion.

Listening to Sarri today, it sounded like the ball was very much in Tammy's court with regards to a loan move away.

An injury/suspension to any one of Morata or Giroud and he would have surely been straight on the bench as the only other striker.

Even without the above there would likely have been playing time in the Europa League/Carabao Cup/FA Cup in January.

Surely it was worth hanging around until at least January, and if opportunities really were limited then to accept a loan move away until the end of the season.

We already know he can score goals in the championship as his season at Bristol City proved.

Edited by Nickcook26

Perhaps he thought Villa was his best chance of game time and if he does make a difference and helps get them promoted then he wins all round, either plays for them in the PL or comes back to us and straight into the squad. I'm still not convinced he is EPL standard yet happy to be disproved.

4 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Perhaps he thought Villa was his best chance of game time and if he does make a difference and helps get them promoted then he wins all round, either plays for them in the PL or comes back to us and straight into the squad. I'm still not convinced he is EPL standard yet happy to be disproved.

We havnt got any strikers at EPL standard, not for a top five club. Giroud is ok for the bench.

You should always have three strikers in a squad in my opinion, we havent since Demba Ba was here. I think it’s daft not to and we should look to sign an experienced striker in January, Hazard could work as a false 9 If needs be, but it’s not ideal. 

Edited by Floyd25

Tammy has no more chance of making it at Sarri's Chelsea than Bats and Bakayoko do! Sadly, he's just another big, lumbering, technically poor player. I think its a very good sign for the longterm future that we are finally starting to realise those types of players are just not good enough for teams looking to challenge for big trophies. 

Wonder if Sarri sees one of the wingers as a false 9 would be preferred to having to use Tammy. Seems strange to only have two strikers now, what if one picks up an injury as Morata did last season and can Giroud really play 2-3 games a week with the high energy press? Never been too mobile.

I might get some abuse for this, but sadly I don’t see Tammy ever making the grade at Chelsea. 

Clearly, he is a good finisher but I believe his level is Championship / lower premiership material. 

You could argue that we’re hardly blessed with world class strikers, but if there was 25 million on the table... I would have taken it! 

Maybe one of the factors we didn’t, was because it was Spurs. 

I think thats the exact reason. When a top 4 team like Spurs is after you, you suddenly start thinking of De Bruyne and Salah, and why a team with the talent they have would be interested. Im sure if it was a Newcastle or Bournemouth we would of actually considered selling.

Not to mention, the hate between the two clubs and that we probably wouldnt want to sell to them either.

• 2 weeks later...

Neil Warnock has claimed he wanted Tammy on loan for the season at Cardiff.

“I wanted Tammy Abraham from day one. I spoke to Eddie Newton (Chelsea’s loan player technical coach) about it, but he ended up at Aston Villa.

“I was really disappointed they didn’t even come back to me. I thought I at least deserved a phone call saying ‘sorry Neil, he’s not joining’.

It might have been because our deadline was three weeks before the Championship’s. Perhaps they weren’t sure at the time and then he ends up leaving at the end of the month, when only a move to a Championship club is possible. But even then, a phone call would have been better and shown a bit of class.”

“Tammy would have been my main man in the Premier League – surely that would have been better for him? I don’t understand it. Surely they would want him playing in the Premier League? 

“I don’t think it was a question over the size of the loan fee - we would have paid it. I just the felt the way we played, he would have enjoyed it and had an impact. I missed out on a few players waiting for him too, which disappointed me. But that’s life.”

Not being funny but Tammy had a loan at a Welsh Premier League club last season who were battling relegation and it didn't really work out for him. 

Just because you'e playing in the Premier League, doesn't mean it's a good move. 

At least at Villa Tammy's probably going to get more chances per game to score goals and generally play more attacking football which is of more use to use than the backs to the wall approach likely to be applied in most games by Cardiff. 

Warnock is a prat so he can jog on. 

• 2 months later...

Anyone watching the Villa game? The Brum derby and Tammy has looked very impressive, Big game and he has caused Birmingham loads of problems - won and converted a penalty. He is showing plenty of pace and skill - all the things we aren't getting from the two strikers we decided to keep for the season. Not sure Tammy is the answer but I as sure as hell would rather see him playing against Fulham next week that the hapless Morata.

On 25/11/2018 at 13:32, Nibs said:

Anyone watching the Villa game? The Brum derby and Tammy has looked very impressive, Big game and he has caused Birmingham loads of problems - won and converted a penalty. He is showing plenty of pace and skill - all the things we aren't getting from the two strikers we decided to keep for the season. Not sure Tammy is the answer but I as sure as hell would rather see him playing against Fulham next week that the hapless Morata.

Saw second half, and have to say I was well impressed, can we recall him in January? 

4 hours ago, Richard P said:

Don’t know what will happen with him this season. Not scoring a lot of goals, took the penalty for confidence. Is he going to be another Bamford, Solanke, Brown, feruze?

Tottenham would have given up on Kane if they had that same attitude. I think it's evident that Abraham has that fire that is important for a striker to have. He's always hungry for goals and isn't bad technically either. 

10 hours ago, enigma said:

Tottenham would have given up on Kane if they had that same attitude. I think it's evident that Abraham has that fire that is important for a striker to have. He's always hungry for goals and isn't bad technically either. 

We have highly paid coaches who should be able to work out who has a chance and who doesn't, we as football fans may have been shocked by Kane's rise but by all accounts none of his coaches or youth team mates were.