Tammy Abraham

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

14 minutes ago, edewaarb said:

Comes on as a sub and scores the stoppage time winner. He will go down as a Bristol city legend for sure

City fan here.

Yes, already a City legend, absolute beast and lovely guy as well, he's pretty much worshipped here already. Last player we had here with talent like his was Andy Cole and he was 21 when he joined. 

Thanks for the loan guys and we'll enjoy him while we've got him! :)

1 hour ago, cidered said:

City fan here.

Yes, already a City legend, absolute beast and lovely guy as well, he's pretty much worshipped here already. Last player we had here with talent like his was Andy Cole and he was 21 when he joined. 

Thanks for the loan guys and we'll enjoy him while we've got him! :)

What's he been like outside of the goalscoring?

17 minutes ago, Rusty-Man said:

What's he been like outside of the goalscoring?

Very good. His 'footballing intelligence' is on another level compared to anyone in the division. Great hold up play, strong, good touch, plays a lot of great passes and he has assisted or set up assists on a number of occasions with very clever play. His movement and running is top level and defenders don't know what to do with him, pulls them all over the place and is so quick to make the run. Be interested to see what his long range shooting is like as I don't think I've seen him attempt one yet, absolutely clinical finishing though as you've probably seen with his crazy shots to goals stats. 

Obviously this is all at championship level but nearly all opposition fans are saying he's the best striker they've seen at this level for a long time, and he's only 18, so looks promising for you guys. 

Any chance of Bristol going up? Would be great if that were to happen and they could take Tammy back next season for some Prem experience. I worry that we may target a PL loan for him next year, only to end up wasting a year on the bench as Bamford did after winning the Championship Player of the Year at Boro.

30 minutes ago, Jonty said:

Any chance of Bristol going up? Would be great if that were to happen and they could take Tammy back next season for some Prem experience. I worry that we may target a PL loan for him next year, only to end up wasting a year on the bench as Bamford did after winning the Championship Player of the Year at Boro.

Most people would have us down for a top half finish with an outside bet for the playoffs. We've had a solid start and should be 3-5 points better off than we are at the moment and in a play off position (drew at Rotherham last week with 78% possession and 34 shots for example), and that was with a tough start playing all the ex prem teams. So who knows, if Tammy keeps firing them in and our new players continue improving and start to gel well (we signed about 14 players this summer), could be in with a decent shout. 

Would be great if we could do that and keep Tammy for another year, Lee Johnson is a very well respected up and coming coach and Tammy seems to be enjoying working under him, so sure it would be of benefit to you guys. 

57 minutes ago, cidered said:

Most people would have us down for a top half finish with an outside bet for the playoffs. We've had a solid start and should be 3-5 points better off than we are at the moment and in a play off position (drew at Rotherham last week with 78% possession and 34 shots for example), and that was with a tough start playing all the ex prem teams. So who knows, if Tammy keeps firing them in and our new players continue improving and start to gel well (we signed about 14 players this summer), could be in with a decent shout. 

Would be great if we could do that and keep Tammy for another year, Lee Johnson is a very well respected up and coming coach and Tammy seems to be enjoying working under him, so sure it would be of benefit to you guys. 

Glad to hear you could be in with a chance, will be rooting for you.

7 hours ago, cidered said:

Cheers!

Best case scenario for both seems to be you guys getting promotion and loaning him for another season. Don't see why you can't get that in my opinion. Championship seems like as much a confidence league as it is a league of tactics and ability. Get a good run and anything can happen.

Legend.

I love visiting this forum every time he scores :biggrin:

Lot of pressure on him with our sale of Kodjia (he's by far our first choice striker now), but he's coping with it so well. There will be an inevitable goal drought at some point, but I'm confident he can come out the other side and keep scoring. 10 goals this season already, incredible talent.

4 minutes ago, coco said:

As in,,, he predicted where to be, and at the right time. In other words poached in the 6yd box ???

Yeah. I know it could look unimpressive that so many of them are from about 6 yards but this kids movement is unreal. 

Of course this is at championship level and the standards you require will be a lot higher for champions league etc, but I think you've got a real player on your hands here. 

I reckon if he was in the prem now he'd be sticking them away for you, he's just got that gift.