Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

splishsplosh

Andy Carroll

I think he would be a good buy for us. His price will have fallen dramatically from the obscene money being paid for him years ago.

He would be a good target man, can hold the ball. Big, powerful, is good with his head and has a good shot on him. His injuries seem to be behind him now.

We need to sell our strikers in January and buy Andy instead.

He's actually not a bad shout of the type of player we lack if we needed to mix our attacking play up a bit. We would though require the wingers to supply him. A fit Carroll is a handful trouble is as others have stated he rarely is fit.

Thank you. A balanced view finally.

As mentioned previously, his injuries seem to be behind him. When has it ever stopped us buying a striker with known injury problems beforehand?

Plus he's English and home grown.

As mentioned previously, his injuries seem to be behind him. 

Can I ask what you're basing that on? 

He's had an injury in the each of the last three season which has kept him out for 4 months plus every time and he often incurs problems during his recovery that extends the amount of time he is out for.

In his three full seasons at West Ham he's managed less than 60 appearances. 

In the season he spent there on loan he managed 24 appearances, that's the most he's managed.

For a club like ourselves that often plays two matches per week there is nothing to suggest Carroll could live up to the physical demands of playing that many matches.  

oh dear, even the rumours section has stooped down to a small club mindset. i know we're in the latter half of the table, but we certainly don't need or want players whom reflect our position. 

Edited by enigma