Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

splishsplosh

Andy Carroll

89 posts in this topic

If we did sign him it would at least stop him scoring against us every time.

Personally I'd prefer him to other options. Odious character aside.

i really can not understand why every body hates him so much, when he gets on the pitch all he ever does is give defences problems

He also gives medical teams problems.

i really can not understand why every body hates him so much, when he gets on the pitch all he ever does is give defences problems

He'll be ok for the last 10 minutes and you need a goal to level it up, keep pumping it high and long for him.

the special one likes this

If he could stay fit. Very similar in all aspects to Mark Hately.

Carroll always scores against us and usually that is reason enough for Roman to get his cheque book out.

He'll be ok for the last 10 minutes and you need a goal to level it up, keep pumping it high and long for him.

If he can stay fit I don't think he'd settle for just 10 minutes. But I digress, if West Ham qualify for the ECL why would he want to join us? If playing JT and Cahill up front v Everton is evidence to go by we do need a target man though, someone to get on the end of crosses/diagonals when we're contained by the opposition. Mandzukic last summer would have been ideal, he may even be available this summer if there's any truth to the rumour Juve want Giroud or Cavani.

Thank you to those who are providing an actual valid discussion about this. 

Carroll isn't the answer to all our needs but he would be an excellent second choice striker or last ditch effort to get a goal.

If we did sign him it would at least stop him scoring against us every time.

A back up strike force of Carroll, Long and Naismith would be worth a few points to us each season.

Spiller86 likes this

I hope you are not serious. If we are to sign every striker that scored against us this season, we wouldn't have bench for any other position in the field.

From Vardy and Kane rumors to Andy Caroll ? I am glad the season is getting over before we get linked with strikers from Myanmar Football League.

Are people still questioning this?

He's a proven goal scorer and showed that again against Arsenal.

He would be an excellent second or third choice striker.

Too be honest I don't think he'd be a bad last resort option, tactics out the window and just punt it upfield and start crossing. If that's what we're looking for Carroll could be the man, bit of a worse Drogba in that respect.

Problem with that is though, he is always injured and we have no one in our team who is capable of putting a decent cross in. I'm not sure he'd be happy with being a player for just the last 10 minutes either.

So he scores a few headers against an Arsenal team that is known for being sh*te and weak defensively and now he's worthy of Chelsea? C'mon guys, this is just embarrassing. 

Too be honest I don't think he'd be a bad last resort option, tactics out the window and just punt it upfield and start crossing. If that's what we're looking for Carroll could be the man, bit of a worse Drogba in that respect.

Problem with that is though, he is always injured and we have no one in our team who is capable of putting a decent cross in. I'm not sure he'd be happy with being a player for just the last 10 minutes either.

That's what Ivan is currently used for, no need to sign someone just for that.

Shows up for a handful of games a season, most of the time he's on the side lines injured.

Laughable Liverpool spent all that money on him!

Scored again.

No justifiable reason why he shouldn't be looked at seriously to buy.

Scored a penalty then gave a penalty away in the last minutes to cost them the game. You're right, lets table a 30mil bid!

I realise sarcasm is the lowest form of wit which is why you have to resort to it, but at least try and contribute something useful in future.

Messi scores penalties, but that wouldn't be a determining factor on whether you should or shouldn't buy him.

By the way, how are our penalty takers this season? Useless you say, well Carroll looks even more appealing now...

I realise sarcasm is the lowest form of wit which is why you have to resort to it, but at least try and contribute something useful in future.

Messi scores penalties, but that wouldn't be a determining factor on whether you should or shouldn't buy him.

By the way, how are our penalty takers this season? Useless you say, well Carroll looks even more appealing now...

Messi also dribbles through entire teams and hits 100 goals a year. 

I'm about 90% sure you're trolling or just trying to be hipster by having an alternate opinion.

If you honestly want Andy Carroll as the calibre of player at Chelsea you have serious issues. 

You aren't actually providing evidence of anything.

Messi does hit a lot of goals, but he's also in another league compared to any other player barring Ronaldo. 

Not trolling. No-one has given Andy Carroll a second thought because they can't bear to have someone of his 'calibre' at the club. 

I'm not advocating a huge bid, nor making him first choice. He would be an excellent late impact striker and back up. He won't cost so much and he's vastly experienced in the PL. He's English, he's home grown. His injuries seem to be behind him. He's in good form.

Many would have argued against Costa being a part of this club because of his 'calibre' and reputation, yet he came here and tore the league up in his first season.

No-one is suggesting Carroll will set the world on fire, but he has the ability to do exceptionally well at Chelsea and I would welcome him here over Traore, Remy, Falcao and Pato any day of the week.