Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

splishsplosh

Andy Carroll

The man is exceptionally gifted. None of our players are capable of the volley he pulled out the other day. Eden has lost that initial swagger that made us all croon. With Carroll in the line up, we'll once again be capable of that breath taking football that Roman craves. When we inevitably lose Costa to the financial flex of the Chinese league, we should spend as much as possible to get this man in. 

I'm very glad to see that he is being recognised across the board for the talent he brings to the table. He's also English, which for us is important as we will lose Terry at the end of this season. 

53 minutes ago, BishBosh said:

The man is exceptionally gifted. None of our players are capable of the volley he pulled out the other day. Eden has lost that initial swagger that made us all croon. With Carroll in the line up, we'll once again be capable of that breath taking football that Roman craves. When we inevitably lose Costa to the financial flex of the Chinese league, we should spend as much as possible to get this man in. 

I'm very glad to see that he is being recognised across the board for the talent he brings to the table. He's also English, which for us is important as we will lose Terry at the end of this season. 

Hi @splishsplosh, any reason for the new account?

Theafonis and DonAntonio like this

15 hours ago, timetowaste said:

I'm going to be controversial here and say that if Carroll wasn't so injury prone he would have proven to be worth the £35mil that Liverpool paid for him.

I don't think Liverpool would have ever played to his strengths to justify his fee. 

To get the best out of Carroll you've got to want to play long, hit high crosses into the box etc. Liverpool with both Rodgers and Klopp see that as anti-football so out of pride/stubbornness or whatever wouldn't play that way every game.... and that's a big reason why Benteke struggled there too. 

If he was injury free, I think Carroll could have worked at a bigger team coming on for the last twenty minutes as either someone to aim at and hold the ball up if you're defending a lead or as a plan B to play direct if chasing a game. 

3 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I don't think Liverpool would have ever played to his strengths to justify his fee. 

To get the best out of Carroll you've got to want to play long, hit high crosses into the box etc. Liverpool with both Rodgers and Klopp see that as anti-football so out of pride/stubbornness or whatever wouldn't play that way every game.... and that's a big reason why Benteke struggled there too. 

If he was injury free, I think Carroll could have worked at a bigger team coming on for the last twenty minutes as either someone to aim at and hold the ball up if you're defending a lead or as a plan B to play direct if chasing a game. 

I always seen Carroll as a more talented Peter Crouch. Pretty one dimensional but if you play to their strengths they would be a nightmare to play against.

He was never worth what Liverpool paid though. Pity Torres had to have happened in that same window to take the sheer ridiculousness away from that fee at the time.

6 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Hi @splishsplosh, any reason for the new account?

I don't know what you're talking about. 

Back to Andy, he's incredible. There's nothing we should stop at to get this man up top. His link up play is second to none.

4 hours ago, BishBosh said:

I don't know what you're talking about. 

Back to Andy, he's incredible. There's nothing we should stop at to get this man up top. His link up play is second to none.

Your commitment and perseverance is simultaneously impressive and incredibly pathetic. Bravo, shame on you.

Zeta likes this

Andy Carroll is a freak of nature and has the capability to become a cult hero. However we already have bad experience with back-up strikers who are never fit when we need them, so I'd be pretty worried if we ever signed Carroll in this capacity.

BishBosh likes this