James Rodriguez

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

7 hours ago, doctorblue said:

Not entirely sure that spanking £60m on him is money well spent...other teams were interested like BM but walked away at the price RM wanted...don't see why we're prepared to cough up that sort of dough for unwanted player...I would have thought we'd have been better holding off and waiting for RM to shell out £120m for Mbappe and swop in when they've dropped their trousers? 

On 6/15/2017 at 14:16, RMCM said:

Source? I'm not seeing that anywhere, in fact most papers are saying we're the frontrunners

A respected journalist on Serbian national tv said it in live show. He also mentioned that James has an agreement with Adidas to always wear no.10, so that could also mean that Rooney is gone.

• 4 weeks later...

1 minute ago, ozboy said:

I'm sure Bayern are talking to real but I think James & morata might be a good package

James is a good player but is he really worth getting? We've already got fantastic wingers in Hazard, Pedro, Willian and to an extent, Musonda. He would just be filling a spot in our Squad that we could use for either a homegrown player or another position that needs replenishment. 

23 minutes ago, ozboy said:

I'm sure Bayern are talking to real but I think James & morata might be a good package

He could be replacing Douglas Costa who's on his way to Juventus...mind you that's a lot of money for BM to spend...I'll be happy to see young Charly Mousonda Jr given a chance this year...

Edited by doctorblue

I can't see a Conte team with James, Hazard and Fabregas all in the starting eleven. 

60odd million for a player who wouldn't command a starting berth is wild.

That is Real Madrid. They have second choice 40-60m players. James could command a starting place if there werent more suitable or better players in front of him.

However I have no idea where he'd fit in our system. Not a pure winger or a CM.

3 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I suppose if we were in for him then we would have got him by now. Like most fans can see, his move to here wouldn't have made much sense.

Strange it's a 2 years loan deal though.

That's a lot of salary off the books...

1 hour ago, evissy said:

That is Real Madrid. They have second choice 40-60m players. James could command a starting place if there werent more suitable or better players in front of him.

However I have no idea where he'd fit in our system. Not a pure winger or a CM.

I think at this point in time, James may not even be 2nd choice at Real. He's probably borderline 3rd choice by which I mean in the CL final he didn't even make the bench

51 minutes ago, buzzcfc said:

Confirmed to Bayern. Another one bites the dust, what a summer this is turning out to be!

We were clearly never in for him, it's not one we've 'lost' at all.